Airflow question for Fractal Design Define S owners

floppy_drive

I was hoping to get a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M once it came out but after seeing some reviews I lost a little bit of interest in that case. My new choice for a mid tower case is looking like it will be a Define S but I am worried about the air flow.

A friend of mine had an H440 briefly but he sold it shortly after buying because he didn't like the temperatures in the case even after filling it up with fans. I think his main complaint was the front intakes were a bit on the restrictive side. Since the Define S has a similar front design (though the front panel is further out from the fans) I am worried that it might have the same airflow issues especially since I like to overclock.

I was hoping some Define S owners out there could let me know how they find the airflow to be in the case.

Also, how much of a temperature difference would there be if the front panel is taken off completely? Not that I would run it without the front panel, I just want to know the temperature difference with it on and off in case I mod it down the road with some kind of mesh front.

*spite*

My H440 does fine for airflow! You can't feel that much air coming through the gaps, but there is plenty of air leaving the case from the rear and top exhaust, especially if you pile in more fans. Yes it could be better, but it's not like my componants get super hot. My CPU doesn't go above 50C under load, my GPUs hit 70C max in SLI (One at 70, the other at 67).

*end of spite*

The air flow is much improved without the front on it, and if the Define S has a dust filter o the front like the H440, youcould leave it off all the time​Comparing the Define S to the H440, there are the mounting options on the back for HDDs/SSDs - so clear air flow to the mobo etc.

I don't think you'll have an issue with the case at all, depending on your components.

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black