Alienware Ireland, Shipped from china?

Go to solution Solved by Exo,

I've lost all hope in Dell & Alienware - leaving Ireland for cheaper labour was another blow to the balls. As for the import stuff, if it was ordered from the Irish based website - you should not have any issues since the fees are included.

Yes yes i know its a alienware, but in my defense its not for me, its for my brother, he's always wanted one and he just got a promotion so he wanted me to help him order it,

And today he got the email saying its been sent, He Checked the the tracking Number with ups and it says its been shipped from china, so now he has this thought that he might need to pay an extra 300 400 in import taxes, 

Does anyone have any experience ordering from alienware and it getting shipped from china?

[THE TITAN]

CASECorsair C70 (BLACK+RED Leds) | CPU:  i7 3930k | CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOTHERBOARDASUS Rampage IV Formula | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB | SSD: SAMSUNG 840PRO (512GB) | 

HDD: Western Digital Black (2TB)+(2TB) GPUGTX TITAN X2 IN SLI | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | SOUND CARD: Xonar Phoebus | MONITORS: ASUS PB278Q X3 IN NVIDIA Surround |

Yes yes i know its a alienware, but in my defense its not for me, its for my brother, he's always wanted one and he just got a promotion so he wanted me to help him order it,

And today he got the email saying its been sent, He Checked the the tracking Number with ups and it says its been shipped from china, so now he has this thought that he might need to pay an extra 300 400 in import taxes, 

Does anyone have any experience ordering from alienware and it getting shipped from china?

don't worry about import tax/duty ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I've lost all hope in Dell & Alienware - leaving Ireland for cheaper labour was another blow to the balls. As for the import stuff, if it was ordered from the Irish based website - you should not have any issues since the fees are included.

Build your own beast rig. It's good to know a lot about computers. Our world is run by them  :D

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks everyone for the replies, Yeah i've told my brother a million times to get a desktop and that i would help him build it, but its his money and he has always wanted one so there was no stopping him lol,

Thanks again

[THE TITAN]

CASECorsair C70 (BLACK+RED Leds) | CPU:  i7 3930k | CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOTHERBOARDASUS Rampage IV Formula | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB | SSD: SAMSUNG 840PRO (512GB) | 

HDD: Western Digital Black (2TB)+(2TB) GPUGTX TITAN X2 IN SLI | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | SOUND CARD: Xonar Phoebus | MONITORS: ASUS PB278Q X3 IN NVIDIA Surround |