Keyboard programming

Winther

Hey guys!

Im not into programming, the only programming I have ever done was a little HTML, and that was 6-7 years ago..

But I joined geekhack and Deskthority and im considering getting a custom keyboard and then programming it myself.. but I have no idea where to start or even what coding laguage keyboards use. (is it called a language?)

thanks in advance,

Winther

(Comming soon)

Well, if its USB you'd need a driver to listen for the events coming from the USB, this would expose an API that you can use in the programming language of your choice. Starting to rpgram for a hardware device probably isn't the best way to get into programming. Go and learn C/C++ and get comfortable there first.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Well' date=' if its USB you'd need a driver to listen for the events coming from the USB, this would expose an API that you can use in the programming language of your choice. Starting to rpgram for a hardware device probably isn't the best way to get into programming. Go and learn C/C++ and get comfortable there first.[/quote']

I agree, its best to get comfortable with the concepts of programming first. Otherwise you'll be biting off more than you can chew, and you may get frustrated and quit. Couple great learning resources are codingbat.com and w3schools.com