Eurocom M5 Pro thoughts?

Hi:

I have been looking for 15.6" laptops. 

Uses: Video editing, gaming, programming

What do you guys think? Eurocom M5 Pro

Is this company reputable? Specifications ok?

Are the new Intel mobile CPUs coming out soon?

Any other laptops that you guys suggest? (Budget: around $1600 CAD)

Thanks

Desktop: i5 4670k, Z97-K, 16GB, MSI GTX 770, Evga 850G2, TT T31

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Peripheral: K60, HyperX Cloud

Mobile: Nexus 6P 

The M5 Pro is awesome. Based on the Clevo P650Sx series, they feature GPUs of either the 965M, 970M or 980M. I personally have the Clevo P650SG, the one with the 980M, and I simply love it. It has 3 cooling fans to keep the system cool, the keyboard has awesome tactile feedback unlike the new 12" MacBook which I still have no idea whether is it a real keyboard, 2.5kg in weight and 25mm (P650SA and P650SE) or 28.8mm (P650SG) thick. Has 2 M.2 slots with one of them being a PCIe M.2 slot for SSDs like the Samsung SM951 where you can bring the SSD to the maximum potential, and also 2 SATA slots. The only thing I really don't like about it is the brushed metal finish.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Uses: Video editing, gaming, programming

Is this company reputable? Specifications ok?

Are the new Intel mobile CPUs coming out soon?

For video editing (and pretty much everything else by extension), the P5 Pro with an i7-4790K should be a better machine if it's within your budget to get it (due to the desktop CPU and better cooling)

The company is reputable. As exercutor5 said, the laptop is built off the Clevo P650Sx line which is the best of the thin gaming laptops out there (unless you need something under 1" thick).

The new intel mobile CPUs (that are relevant to you) likely won't be out for a couple months. They're not going to be worth it to wait for.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

The M5 Pro is awesome. Based on the Clevo P650Sx series, they feature GPUs of either the 965M, 970M or 980M. I personally have the Clevo P650SG, the one with the 980M, and I simply love it. It has 3 cooling fans to keep the system cool, the keyboard has awesome tactile feedback unlike the new 12" MacBook which I still have no idea whether is it a real keyboard, 2.5kg in weight and 25mm (P650SA and P650SE) or 28.8mm (P650SG) thick. Has 2 M.2 slots with one of them being a PCIe M.2 slot for SSDs like the Samsung SM951 where you can bring the SSD to the maximum potential, and also 2 SATA slots. The only thing I really don't like about it is the brushed metal finish.

Wow! I didn't know that; so you have a pretty similar model. I was thinking of a m.2 boot drive and a HDD for mass storage.

THnaks

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

For video editing (and pretty much everything else by extension), the P5 Pro with an i7-4790K should be a better machine if it's within your budget to get it (due to the desktop CPU and better cooling)

The company is reputable. As exercutor5 said, the laptop is built off the Clevo P650Sx line which is the best of the thin gaming laptops out there (unless you need something under 1" thick).

The new intel mobile CPUs (that are relevant to you) likely won't be out for a couple months. They're not going to be worth it to wait for.

Oh ok.

I've never heard of that Clevo line. What other laptops use the thta?

Ok

THnaks!

I've never heard of that Clevo line. What other laptops use the thta?

OriginPC

iBuyPower

CyberpowerPC

Mythlogic

Sager

AVADirect

Eurocom

mySN (Schenker and XMG)

Metabox

Venom Computing

ScanUK

ProStar computing

and many others whom I can't think of off the top of my head

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

There's also Aftershock PC, Illegear if you're in Southeast Asia.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

OriginPC

iBuyPower

CyberpowerPC

Mythlogic

Sager

AVADirect

Eurocom

mySN (Schenker and XMG)

Metabox

Venom Computing

ScanUK

ProStar computing

and many others whom I can't think of off the top of my head

WOW!

There's also Aftershock PC, Illegear if you're in Southeast Asia.

Ah, I'm in Canada.

Oh yeah, and Digital Storm and Falcon Northwest...

Seriously, most high end gaming laptops that aren't from:
Razer

Alienware

MSI

Gigabyte/Aorus

Lenovo

are almost 100% going to be a Clevo. Even if they lie and say they're not a Clevo. They're a clevo. *looks at Venom Computing trying to tell us they're not Clevos*

Oh yeah, and Digital Storm and Falcon Northwest...

Seriously, most high end gaming laptops that aren't from:

Razer

Alienware

MSI

Gigabyte/Aorus

Lenovo

are almost 100% going to be a Clevo. Even if they lie and say they're not a Clevo. They're a clevo. *looks at Venom Computing trying to tell us they're not Clevos*

So the casing is by clevo?

I think Eurocom is the cheapest for me; shipping is decent.

So the casing is by clevo?

The case, motherboards, cooling design (ordering of heatsinks and choosing of parts for fans etc), the software, the BIOS, etc. All done by Clevo. They are an ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) and OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) buy their barebones systems and flesh them out and resell/rebrand them,