Blurry chrome after windows 10

mos

As stated in the topic, I'm currently going crazy after upgrading to windows 10 and I can't read anything anymore. I googled the problem and all they told me to do is turn off chrome dpi scaling or hardware acceleration and restart but the texts are still blurry. 

Any help?

Is it just Chrome?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Right click, properties, compatibility, disable scaling on high DPI settings. Close chrome and reboot if neccesary 

Rebooting is prob what you missed1007e96e01.png

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

well, I did everything above and changed the magnifier to 125% instead of 150% and one of them worked. So thanks everyone!

well, I did everything above and changed the magnifier to 125% instead of 150% and one of them worked. So thanks everyone!

oh, thats great*

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Right click, properties, compatibility, disable scaling on high DPI settings. Close chrome and reboot if neccesary 

Rebooting is prob what you missed1007e96e01.png

My Steam windows were blurry as well and this fixed it. Thanks!

My Steam windows were blurry as well and this fixed it. Thanks!

no problemoo

Programs that aren't high-DPI aware will be blurry, sadly.

That is because it scales like an image the program.

So you can either use 100% DPI setting, or you poke your software developer for them to wake up and tell them that 2015 has arrived, and that since a few years now, high resolution screen in a small screen is a thing now. Heck even Firefox which has been ages sleeping, is now High-DPI aware! (You need to get Firefox 40 beta)

Hi, i had the same problem as you people on Windows 10 and blurry fonts.

I tryed everything at the regular screen properties. all failed to fix the blurry fonts in control panels, and a lot of applications. So after spending a lot of hours this is the perfect fix for your problem:

http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/

Or google: "windows10_dpi_blurry_fix"

(with the quotes)

Hi, i had the same problem as you people on Windows 10 and blurry fonts.

I tryed everything at the regular screen properties. all failed to fix the blurry fonts in control panels, and a lot of applications. So after spending a lot of hours this is the perfect fix for your problem:

http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/

Or google: "windows10_dpi_blurry_fix"

(with the quotes)

Dude no. Blurry text is because you have the DPI setting up in Windows. Reduce to 100%, or poke your software devs to make their software high-DPI aware. Already many software are now high-DPI aware. and they appear fantastic under such conditions.

The DPI is auto selected base don your resolution and screen size once you install Windows 10.

To adjust your DPI setting just go here:

win10dpi.png

The option is right in front of you, by right-clicking on your desktop, and select "Display Settings".

Slide the bar to what you want, and sign out and sign back in. Voila!

that dpi bar was exactly the problem GoodBytes,

when i put it to 125% in Windows 10 a lot of control panels and applications get very blurry on my Windows 10 which was unacceptable. This Windows10_DPI_Fix will fix that for users who want to use Windows 10 with the DPI scaling of Windows 8. Until Microsoft has fixed this problem

that dpi bar was exactly the problem GoodBytes,

when i put it to 125% in Windows 10 a lot of control panels and applications get very blurry on my Windows 10 which was unacceptable. This Windows10_DPI_Fix will fix that for users who want to use Windows 10 with the DPI scaling of Windows 8. Until Microsoft has fixed this problem

Great thanks for letting us know

But, Microsoft cannot fix a problem that doesn't exists. The thing is that apps on Windows don't a common framework. Well Windows Apps (ModernUI apps in Windows 8, and Universal apps in Windows 10), do have a common one, same for smartphone apps and so on (more or less), but under Windows, Desktop apps are free to use anything, and because Windows GUIs just until somewhat recently never had a good structure, and ease of programming, developers were using others that was delivering what they need, or make a custom one in house. The result is that all these framework including Microsoft old ones didn't have High-DPI in mind. The whole concept didn't exist until recently. Windows XP introduced high DPI setting, but that more wishful thinking than anything, because no one had the displays.

Today it starting to be common ground at a slow but increasing faster and faster in popularity due to the lower price and more options. So now it matters. So now all these graphical frameworks needs to be updated, and the software from developers needs to be updated. Microsoft has great documentation to help developer design a high-DPI aware software so that no mater the DPI setting the program will look great, so it is definitively not a lack of documentation.

As the fix can be potentially costly, companies needs to justify the cost. It needs to be seen as a feature for the consumer to upgrade to. So there needs to be a demand by the consumer.

All Microsoft software since a while now are high-DPI aware. As you can see, Windows itself looks great too (keep in mind that you need to restart Windows or log-off/log back in, to really apply the setting change... else it just does a preview scale to not interrupt your work).

Outside of Microsoft: Firefox beta is now high-DPI aware, FileZilla, Paint.NET, Chrome (I think), latest Photoshop are all high-DPI aware, they are probably more that I don't recall, or don't know about.