The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX

There's always time for FSX. Just combine it with other time.. like eating!

or sleeping.. that way it's more realistic to what pilots really do! :D

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I don't think VATSIM is flying online, just a logging system if I remember correctly. Never bothered setting it up because I never had the patience to fly for 6 hours continuously.

In Vatsim, you literally speak to human traffic controllers while flying in a multiplayer scenario. So they always tell you to start your flight at a gate rather than on the runway

There's Prepar3D but I haven't tried it yet, don't have $60 for a key. Supposedly it runs a lot better than FSX and has a lot of gaining support for addons, including for ones designed for FSX that work straight with P3D.

Yeah PMDG ported their 737 and 777 to P3D already. Looks photo realistic too from the screenies I've seen. I got the FSX Steam Edition for like 5 bucks when it was on sale. Let's hope Dovetail updates the game on steam. FSX is really in need of updates.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

or sleeping.. that way it's more realistic to what pilots really do! :D

Leave autopilot on, miss my airport by 500 miles.

In Vatsim, you literally speak to human traffic controllers while flying in a multiplayer scenario. So they always tell you to start your flight at a gate rather than on the runway

Really? I thought you were supposed to use a program to record your flight data and it sends that off to the VATSIM servers. Huh.

How is the Vatsim thing? I tried signing up for Virtual American Airlines but it seemed that it required you to fly a certain amount of flights per month or something?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

How is the Vatsim thing? I tried signing up for Virtual American Airlines but it seemed that it required you to fly a certain amount of flights per month or something?

There's requirements to fly a certain amount of hours a month or you get booted, I'm not sure if it's changed since I last checked it out. I'm far too inconsistent for that though. Sometimes I ignore FSX for months at a time and others I log 12 hours a day for fun.

There's requirements to fly a certain amount of hours a month or you get booted, I'm not sure if it's changed since I last checked it out. I'm far too inconsistent for that though. Sometimes I ignore FSX for months at a time and others I log 12 hours a day for fun.

I only gain interest if i've been on a flight within the span of 2 months. Luckilly i go to [place in asia] literally every year so my interest is annually renewed 

Some Virtual Airlines require that you fly a certain hours per month even per week sometimes. I'm fortunate to be in a much more relaxed Virtual Airline tho. I'm signed up with Worldwide Virtual and I can fly with any airlines I like be it Fedex or Air New Zealand.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I only gain interest if i've been on a flight within the span of 2 months. Luckilly i go to [place in asia] literally every year so my interest is annually renewed 

I get interest when I see anything related that I would want to try out in FSX. I recently took out one of the maps I have and am planning on a flight around the world, 12 legs, with stops for fuel except for Australia which has two. Currently scouting out airports slowly so I'm familiar and finding out what plane to take for the entire thing.

I get interest when I see anything related that I would want to try out in FSX. I recently took out one of the maps I have and am planning on a flight around the world, 12 legs, with stops for fuel except for Australia which has two. Currently scouting out airports slowly so I'm familiar and finding out what plane to take for the entire thing.

When i was 10 (yea, not kidding) i did a ton of intercontinental flights, like SF to Hong Kong and back. Lost interest now, yet i have a good pc and even a flight yoke D:

When i was 10 (yea, not kidding) i did a ton of intercontinental flights, like SF to Hong Kong and back. Lost interest now, yet i have a good pc and even a flight yoke D:

I HAVE A LARGER CASE THAN YOURS THO.........

I'm using some old controller that's fucked up...........

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963223-0403-Wingman-Force-3D/dp/B00004VUFH

The throttle doesn't completely go to 100 percent....only up to 88 and low as 22.......

Any solutions?

Keep flying 747s?

I have a Saitek yoke, pedals, and throttle but no desk to put them. And woooooow. When I was 10 I had no patience to fly even 300 miles. I still barely have the patience for 300 mile flights. So this is going to be pretty draining on me.

I HAVE A LARGER CASE THAN YOURS THO.........

WOW GREAT FANTASTIC... 

The only reason i didnt get a 760T was because it was too big for my retarded desk...

Keep flying 747s?

That's going to be a hard time.........but at least the stick works fine......only the throttle that has problems.

Only go it for 15 bucks new.

WOW GREAT FANTASTIC... 

The only reason i didnt get a 760T was because it was too big for my retarded desk...

750D was the same price as the 450D and the 760T had no Window.

I'm using some old controller that's fucked up...........

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963223-0403-Wingman-Force-3D/dp/B00004VUFH

The throttle doesn't completely go to 100 percent....only up to 88 and low as 22.......

Any solutions?

Get a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro? Mine is fantastic. Though I wish it had a few more buttons.. I could cannibalize the HAT switch but ehhhh.

Keep flying 747s?

Or the F/A-18 lol.

I have a Saitek yoke, pedals, and throttle but no desk to put them. And woooooow. When I was 10 I had no patience to fly even 300 miles. I still barely have the patience for 300 mile flights. So this is going to be pretty draining on me.

Never did it in one shot :P Spent maybe 5 hours at a time and eventually finished :D

At the time i used the PMDG 747-400x and a Logitech ATK 3, now i have a crap load of addons and the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke but no rudder pedals 

750D was the same price as the 450D and the 760T had no Window.

Dude the 760t is all window... glass?

Get a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro? Mine is fantastic. Though I wish it had a few more buttons.. I could cannibalize the HAT switch but ehhhh.

Or the F/A-18 lol.

Had one, returned it because the rudder controller was messed up and i was to lazy to get another one...

Anyone here ever been on 747-8 Upper deck business class? ITS AMAZING!!! On the way back to germany from [place in asia] the desk guy offered us a deal for $250 for 2/3 tickets, and the third is free. for $500 TOTALLY WORTH IT

Never did it in one shot :P Spent maybe 5 hours at a time and eventually finished :D

At the time i used the PMDG 747-400x and a Logitech ATK 3, now i have a crap load of addons and the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke but no rudder pedals 

Rudder pedals are overrated anyways. :lol: I do need to glue a stick back on my throttle though.. Damn chair murdered it.

Had one, returned it because the rudder controller was messed up and i was to lazy to get another one...

Awwwwwww. But it's so good.

Anyone here ever been on 747-8 Upper deck business class? ITS AMAZING!!! On the way back to germany from [place in asia] the desk guy offered us a deal for $250 for 2/3 tickets, and the third is free. for $500 TOTALLY WORTH IT

I've never been on a 747 and it disappoints me so much. :(

Really? I thought you were supposed to use a program to record your flight data and it sends that off to the VATSIM servers. Huh.

Nope. Vatsim, Virtual Air Traffic Simulation. It's as close to real life as you're gonna get. You have to send off your flight plan to the server and the controllers can pull the flight plan up as you call for clearance.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

I've never been on a 747 and it disappoints me so much. :(

Dude they're gonna be gone soon. 747-8 Had terrible sales and the -400 is only being used by like 3 airlines now. Germany to San Fran was on a 747-400, almost cried when we landed because im prob not going to go to [place in asia] for another 4 years or so, and all 744's will be gone by then probably. Stupid singapore airlines, thanks to you, all the companies are killing off the 747-400s :(