The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX

can i answer this if you dont mind

Simulation is a 9, by far the best ive seen

But Graphics is a 4, it could have been better, ive seen better but the simulation balances it out

Pew pew :P They're a pain to land sometimes though.

I prefer the smaller planes because I'm still a terrible pilot even for all the flying I do. Do you do a lot of VATSIM?

I've never flown a plane but from what I've talked to with actual pilots it's "close enough." Take that as you will.

Saw some stuff on youtube at it seems pretty darn complicated...war thunder now looks like a baby without all the modern flight systems compared to fsx.I saw you have to calculate stuff and use the onboard radars and shit...damn

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Yeah, i get my tripple 144hz monitors next week so i will have to play some FSX to break em in.

I hope they're G-Sync because FSX has weird frame rate fluctuations..

OH. Reminds me, can you guys test something out?

Set FSX's priority in your task manager to real time or high and tell me if the FPS stabilizes a bit.

What about the guys who fly DCS, blowing up countless Su-27's!

i just like vanilla :\ it keeps the originality.

Yeah but vanilla is exactly that, vanilla, bland. :P Even getting something like SweetFX or ENB to fix the colors and REX to fix clouds and weather massively changes the feel.

Saw some stuff on youtube at it seems pretty darn complicated...war thunder now looks like a baby without all the modern flight systems compared to fsx.I saw you have to calculate stuff and use the onboard radars and shit...damn

You don't have to use all those system, you can just pick it up and fly, but it's more fun delving deeper in to it.

Damn, that's older than me.

I hope they're G-Sync because FSX has weird frame rate fluctuations..

OH. Reminds me, can you guys test something out?

Set FSX's priority in your task manager to real time or high and tell me if the FPS stabilizes a bit.

Okay sure i will try that and i never get fluctuations with one 144hz monitor, it always hovers around 85-95 fps but that could be because im always above 60 i dont get any studders

They arnt G-Sync though

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

What about the guys who fly DCS, blowing up countless Su-27's!

It can be arranged in FSX. :P

If I remember correctly, the one I spent most of my time was either FS 2002 or FS 2004: A century of flight.

FS2004 was nice, 2002 gave me a headache every time I used it.

Okay sure i will try that and i never get fluctuations with one 144hz monitor, it always hovers around 85-95 fps but that could be because im always above 60 i dont get any studders

They arnt G-Sync though

Every time I watch my frame rate it'll stay in a relative range of 50-60 but constantly drop for a split second to like 11. It makes the faintest of stutters but it's mostly smooth otherwise.

FS2004 was nice, 2002 gave me a headache every time I used it.

I remember being 6 years old and trying to undestand what I had to do. I managed to get it right after some weeks xD

It'll never be like DCS, though. Full-on A-10C's droppin' JDAM's and firin' Mav's at SAM sites like nobody else. ♥

I remember being 6 years old and trying to undestand what I had to do. I managed to get it right after some weeks xD

Turning off realism was a great way to learn how to fly. :D

It'll never be like DCS, though. Full-on A-10C's droppin' JDAM's and firin' Mav's at SAM sites like nobody else. ♥

True, but FSX isn't about ripping someone a new asshole. :P

Every time I watch my frame rate it'll stay in a relative range of 50-60 but constantly drop for a split second to like 11. It makes the faintest of stutters but it's mostly smooth otherwise.

Oh ive never had that happen. must be because i am running above 60, i have the settings completely maxed out too

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

waiting to get win 10 on the desktop before jumping back into fsx dont wanna config my warthog just to lose it when I update..waiting to finish falllout to upgrade though *sigh*

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Well considering I crashed a Boeing 777 once or twice, this thread might be interesting 

I've always been interested in aircraft and FSX just proves that

Oh ive never had that happen. must be because i am running above 60, i have the settings completely maxed out too

I kinda can't max the settings without running at 2 fps... :ph34r:

waiting to get win 10 on the desktop before jumping back into fsx dont wanna config my warthog just to lose it when I update..waiting to finish falllout to upgrade though *sigh*

This is why I'm glad I installed FSX on a separate drive. Though I need to back up my save data for missions and flights.

Well considering I crashed a Boeing 777 once or twice, this thread might be interesting 

I've always been interested in aircraft and FSX just proves that

There's always time to learn. :)

Yeah but vanilla is exactly that, vanilla, bland. :P Even getting something like SweetFX or ENB to fix the colors and REX to fix clouds and weather massively changes the feel.

You don't have to use all those system, you can just pick it up and fly, but it's more fun delving deeper in to it.

Damn, that's older than me.

tbh im just not good at modding, im too afraid to fck up

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

tbh im just not good at modding, im too afraid to fck up

That's why I like programs like REX, you're not exactly modding, just having the program temporarily replace textures. Though I think I need to launch REX first every time I want to fly otherwise it won't set.

Plus you should just back up files first before modding, in case you break something you can just put it back the way it was. :)

Pew pew :P They're a pain to land sometimes though.

I prefer the smaller planes because I'm still a terrible pilot even for all the flying I do. Do you do a lot of VATSIM?

I've never flown a plane but from what I've talked to with actual pilots it's "close enough." Take that as you will.

Nah, I'm too scared to fly online LOL

I do understand the pilots in real life tho. What they do and say over the radio and stuff

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

That's why I like programs like REX, you're not exactly modding, just having the program temporarily replace textures. Though I think I need to launch REX first every time I want to fly otherwise it won't set.

Plus you should just back up files first before modding, in case you break something you can just put it back the way it was. :)

ill try that as soon as my internet is fixed/stable.

Noted.

Any good simulators other than FSX  this year?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Nah, I'm too scared to fly online LOL

I do understand the pilots in real life tho. What they do and say over the radio and stuff

I don't think VATSIM is flying online, just a logging system if I remember correctly. Never bothered setting it up because I never had the patience to fly for 6 hours continuously.

ill try that as soon as my internet is fixed/stable.

Noted.

Any good simulators other than FSX  this year?

There's Prepar3D but I haven't tried it yet, don't have $60 for a key. Supposedly it runs a lot better than FSX and has a lot of gaining support for addons, including for ones designed for FSX that work straight with P3D.

I think I should tag the one and only @Flight1sim

yap, and maybe potentially @Bubblewhale? And if he's not already here, @Flyguygamer

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

yap, and maybe potentially @Bubblewhale? And if he's not already here, @Flyguygamer

I am now. Wish I had more time for fsx AND real flying. 

I am now. Wish I had more time for fsx AND real flying. 

There's always time for FSX. Just combine it with other time.. like eating!