Best 1440p monitor under $400

piplupgao
Go to solution Solved by skullbringer,

If you got it by now how is it?

It arrived just today. It got pretty beat up in shipping, but eventhough it did use hard foam it arrived without any damages. It comes with a standard powercord and brick, and a 2m DVI-I duallink cable. I have to get a 5m one though, because my tower is  standing on the other end of my desk. Anyways, it looks very slick and eventhough the bezel is glossy it doesnt bother me, as I have gotten a matte panel. On the bottom edge, where you usually touch it for the buttons or carrying around its got a brushed aluminum like finish, which is very very nice. The stand is solid and does its job, noting that it is also glossy. The panel its self looks actually very very good. There is a slightly back light bleeding spot on the bottom left, but I did not notice it until looking at it with a completely black, but powered on screen. No damaged or dead pixels, as I got the pixel perfect version. Now the best part for me, personally: It overclocks to 128 Hz. Yes, its IPS and yes it cant really switch the image 120 times a second, but from my experience it feels much more fluid compared to 60 Hz. The displayed image might be blurry, but its really not any worse than with my benq XL2720T, that uses a TN panel. From my experience, you will never have a non blurry image, unless there are black frames displayed between each of the real 120 frames to "clear" the screen.

So to sum up:

- I payed 250€ (might be around 300 USD)

- shipping was free

- it arrived after 10 days, which I'd call decent conmsidering that it was just in and around Asia for already 6 days. (direct overseas shipping to USA might work faster)

- it looks absolutely perfect, completely matches my expectations in terms of image quality, but also in design and build quality.

- AND its an (display) overclockers dream.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

I'm very interested in these Shimian displays.  Any other 2560x1440 monitors for a little less?  300 area? or is that asking too much?

I'm very interested in these Shimian displays. Any other 2560x1440 monitors for a little less? 300 area? or is that asking too much?

The Qnix or Xstar on ebay are under $300.

The Qnix or Xstar on ebay are under $300.

Wow.  I want to buy one of these right now!  Anyone have any experience or knowledge on the quality of these?

Wow. I want to buy one of these right now! Anyone have any experience or knowledge on the quality of these?

I have one and I love it..But if you buy from Korea you are always taking risk..I got a perfect one.. Look here and you can see any issues people are known to have with these..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

I have one and I love it..But if you buy from Korea you are always taking risk..I got a perfect one.. Look here and you can see any issues people are known to have with these..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

I see that some of them offer "perfect pixel"  Does that always ensure that I get a fully functioning panel?  Or is it like they allow 2-3 dead pixels and that is considered "perfect"?

It's more of a gimmick to get more money.. Mine came with zero dead or stuck pixels yet I ordered a none perfect pixel.. There are people who got the perfect pixel with 8 dead pixels..

It's more of a gimmick to get more money.. Mine came with zero dead or stuck pixels yet I ordered a none perfect pixel.. There are people who got the perfect pixel with 8 dead pixels..

Yikes.  yeah, I read that FAQ on the page you linked (thanks by the way) and they said the same exact thing.  That's literally the only factor that makes me have any doubt as to whether I want to get one of these panels.  But at that price!  It really seems worth it.  I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks and pair one of these up with my new 780 :D

Yikes. yeah, I read that FAQ on the page you linked (thanks by the way) and they said the same exact thing. That's literally the only factor that makes me have any doubt as to whether I want to get one of these panels. But at that price! It really seems worth it. I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks and pair one of these up with my new 780 :D

Let me know if i can help in anyway.

There is also this place which has a pretty good reputation..

http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/Default.asp

Great.  These are all really awesome looking options.  I'm having a hard time keeping myself from just ordering one right now lol.  But they'll still all be there next month.

OCing IPS and PLS panels is a bad idea as it introduces alot of issues as IPS/PLS is not physically able to run at that rate.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Yikes.  yeah, I read that FAQ on the page you linked (thanks by the way) and they said the same exact thing.  That's literally the only factor that makes me have any doubt as to whether I want to get one of these panels.  But at that price!  It really seems worth it.  I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks and pair one of these up with my new 780 :D

The only difference with perfect pixel is the policy they have.  If you order perfect pixel you can probably get an RMA if you have ofer 3 dead pixels.  If you didn't get perfect pixel you could be stuck with 10 dead pixels and not be allowed to RMA for it.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Great.  These are all really awesome looking options.  I'm having a hard time keeping myself from just ordering one right now lol.  But they'll still all be there next month.

look at 1440p monitors at monoprice.com as well. They offer warranties on it.

look at 1440p monitors at monoprice.com as well. They offer warranties on it.

I bought the monoprice one that was guaranteed perfect and i returned it cause it was to glossy and the bezel is huge..Plus i just used that one till my Qnix came in so i could see which one i liked more.. :)

The only difference with perfect pixel is the policy they have.  If you order perfect pixel you can probably get an RMA if you have ofer 3 dead pixels.  If you didn't get perfect pixel you could be stuck with 10 dead pixels and not be allowed to RMA for it.

Not true as most will only refund you the difference from a none pixel perfect..You think they are going to pay $150 to ship monitor back to korea lol..

Open box $338.99: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=10526&seq=1&format=2

New, different monitor, same brand ($390.60):http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1130704&p_id=10509&seq=1&format=2

"As you've come to expect from Monoprice, we stand behind our products and offer a full 1 year warranty, which is at least 3-4 times what is offered by other monitor manufacturers. Additionally, we are so confident of the quality of these displays that we are guaranteeing these monitor will have less than 5 dead pixels. If you can count 5 dead pixels anywhere on the screen, we'll give you a new one."

The Open box monitor listing states:

"OPEN BOX NOTE: Before being offered for sale as a discounted "open box" item, each monitor is individually inspected for warranty compliance (dead pixels, backlight bleed, broken parts, etc.). Each monitor is guaranteed to have less than 5 dead pixels and, in most cases, the monitors are flawless with no errors at all. Each "open box" monitor sold carries the same 1 year, 5-dead pixel guarantee as the original PID."

I bought the monoprice one that was guaranteed perfect and i returned it cause it was to glossy and the bezel is huge..Plus i just used that one till my Qnix came in so i could see which one i liked more.. :)

Not true as most will only refund you the difference from a none pixel perfect..You think they are going to pay $150 to ship monitor back to korea lol..

Which Monoprice model did you buy? Can you link to the eBay listing you bought your Qnix from? I'm assuming it doesn't have an OSD, since it can handle 1440p 120hz video input. Also, how is the image quality and viewing angles compared to the Monoprice? I'm assuming they use the same panel, but I've heard the Auria 1440p monitor comes with a 10 bit panel, which is another monitor I'm interested in because I can buy one from Microcenter, where I can return it if there are any problems. Thanks.

Which Monoprice model did you buy? Can you link to the eBay listing you bought your Qnix from? I'm assuming it doesn't have an OSD, since it can handle 1440p 120hz video input. Also, how is the image quality and viewing angles compared to the Monoprice? I'm assuming they use the same panel, but I've heard the Auria 1440p monitor comes with a 10 bit panel, which is another monitor I'm interested in because I can buy one from Microcenter, where I can return it if there are any problems. Thanks.

This is the monoprice i bought..I liked it but was way to glossy and because of that the blacks looked grey..

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=10489&seq=1&format=2

This is the best Qnix seller at the moment as he takes care of issues where other sellers can you to bug off..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-27-2560x1440-WQHD-PLS-Computer-Monitor-Matte/121117252582?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D17059%26meid%3D459488845636355091%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D7917%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D121117252582%26

And i would not waste your time with the Auria..My local Microcenter in Tustin CA always has more open boxes the new ones due to everyone returning them..I even had an employee tell me how crappy they are..

It arrived just today. It got pretty beat up in shipping, but eventhough it did use hard foam it arrived without any damages. It comes with a standard powercord and brick, and a 2m DVI-I duallink cable. I have to get a 5m one though, because my tower is  standing on the other end of my desk. Anyways, it looks very slick and eventhough the bezel is glossy it doesnt bother me, as I have gotten a matte panel. On the bottom edge, where you usually touch it for the buttons or carrying around its got a brushed aluminum like finish, which is very very nice. The stand is solid and does its job, noting that it is also glossy. The panel its self looks actually very very good. There is a slightly back light bleeding spot on the bottom left, but I did not notice it until looking at it with a completely black, but powered on screen. No damaged or dead pixels, as I got the pixel perfect version. Now the best part for me, personally: It overclocks to 128 Hz. Yes, its IPS and yes it cant really switch the image 120 times a second, but from my experience it feels much more fluid compared to 60 Hz. The displayed image might be blurry, but its really not any worse than with my benq XL2720T, that uses a TN panel. From my experience, you will never have a non blurry image, unless there are black frames displayed between each of the real 120 frames to "clear" the screen.

So to sum up:

- I payed 250€ (might be around 300 USD)

- shipping was free

- it arrived after 10 days, which I'd call decent conmsidering that it was just in and around Asia for already 6 days. (direct overseas shipping to USA might work faster)

- it looks absolutely perfect, completely matches my expectations in terms of image quality, but also in design and build quality.

- AND its an (display) overclockers dream.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Cheaper here and according to tek syndicate has amazingly fast shipping.

Edit: here is the teksyindicate