Best 1440p monitor under $400

piplupgao
Go to solution Solved by skullbringer,

If you got it by now how is it?

It arrived just today. It got pretty beat up in shipping, but eventhough it did use hard foam it arrived without any damages. It comes with a standard powercord and brick, and a 2m DVI-I duallink cable. I have to get a 5m one though, because my tower is  standing on the other end of my desk. Anyways, it looks very slick and eventhough the bezel is glossy it doesnt bother me, as I have gotten a matte panel. On the bottom edge, where you usually touch it for the buttons or carrying around its got a brushed aluminum like finish, which is very very nice. The stand is solid and does its job, noting that it is also glossy. The panel its self looks actually very very good. There is a slightly back light bleeding spot on the bottom left, but I did not notice it until looking at it with a completely black, but powered on screen. No damaged or dead pixels, as I got the pixel perfect version. Now the best part for me, personally: It overclocks to 128 Hz. Yes, its IPS and yes it cant really switch the image 120 times a second, but from my experience it feels much more fluid compared to 60 Hz. The displayed image might be blurry, but its really not any worse than with my benq XL2720T, that uses a TN panel. From my experience, you will never have a non blurry image, unless there are black frames displayed between each of the real 120 frames to "clear" the screen.

So to sum up:

- I payed 250€ (might be around 300 USD)

- shipping was free

- it arrived after 10 days, which I'd call decent conmsidering that it was just in and around Asia for already 6 days. (direct overseas shipping to USA might work faster)

- it looks absolutely perfect, completely matches my expectations in terms of image quality, but also in design and build quality.

- AND its an (display) overclockers dream.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

I would prefer if it can be overclocked to 120hz and it NEEDS to be ips

and a ajustible stand would be mice

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Most 1440p monitors, if not all are IPS, some are PLS, but that is Samsung's iteration of LG's IPS display.

Just curious--what kind of graphics power are you putting behind the screen?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

IPS can't truly run at 120hz either. If you want one that 'overclocks' to 120hz, you'll have to sacrifice the OSD.

Just curious--what kind of graphics power are you putting behind the screen?

770 yes I know I'll have to lower AA and stuff on some games

But I am saving up for a titan will have it in about a year mabey earlier (I don't think my parents will be too keen on me spending like all my birthday and Christmas money on a graphics card

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

770 yes I know I'll have to lower AA and stuff on some games

But I am saving up for a titan will have it in about a year mabey earlier (I don't think my parents will be too keen on me spending like all my birthday and Christmas money on a graphics card

By that time, R9-i970 will have come out. Get that instead. Heck, get two of those for the price of a Titan.  :D

By that time, R9-i970 will have come out. Get that instead. Heck, get two of those for the price of a Titan.  :D

But I do quite a lot of editing

But I do quite a lot of editing

Sony Vegas Pro already supports OpenCL, and Adobe Premiere Pro will eventually support OpenCL too. AMD OpenCL has proven to be faster in rendering than NVIDIA CUDA. Also, the R9-i970 might support DirectX 11.2 with Windows 8.1.

Sony Vegas Pro already supports OpenCL, and Adobe Premiere Pro will eventually support OpenCL too. AMD OpenCL has proven to be faster in rendering than NVIDIA CUDA. Also, the R9-i970 might support DirectX 11.2 with Windows 8.1.

We'll have to see how it is...

and I never knew Sony Vegas started supporting OpenCL do you know about Adobe After Effects/premiere

QX2710 by dreamseller.

korean with pixel perfect will run you $385. its known to overclock to 120hz. ask @OneGun he owns one. if you could save another $150 get the U2713HM from Dell. 3yr no questions asked warranty

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

We'll have to see how it is...

and I never knew Sony Vegas started supporting OpenCL do you know about Adobe After Effects/premiere

Sony Vegas Pro 12 supports OpenCL, Adobe After Effects/Premiere however, supports OpenCL only on Mac with select cards. This is likely to change within the next year, but I could be wrong.

Your only options are the Qnix QX2710 or XSTAR DP2710..Prices are dropping. Yesterday the lowest I saw them for was $269..And you can get a perfect pixel for right at $300..

The cstar one or a shimian

The shimian don't OC..

The shimian don't OC..

It does but it is sorta like OCing a CPU you could get a good one but you could get a bad one

It does but it is sorta like OCing a CPU you could get a good one but you could get a bad one

But even a good one hits 90hz..Not like my good Qnix that hits 125hz,, A bad Qnix or Xstar hit only 96hz.. :)

Plus the Shimian is over $400.. At least most are. He might be able to find a couple at $390ish..

Gah, a naming change! Get it away, its unholy! But seriously, the old naming scheme made more sense to me... Completely agree with 2 9970s instead of a Titan. Things are tending towards OpenCL.

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

Sony Vegas Pro 12 supports OpenCL, Adobe After Effects/Premiere however, supports OpenCL only on Mac with select cards. This is likely to change within the next year, but I could be wrong.

Well if Open CL works for adobe stuff by then I'll get the 9970 or R9 i970 or what ever they're calling it

Google Sony Vegas Pro and 7950 or 7970 ... Only because it supports OpenCL, doesn't mean, that it works flaweless with all cards ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

If you got it by now how is it?

It arrived just today. It got pretty beat up in shipping, but eventhough it did use hard foam it arrived without any damages. It comes with a standard powercord and brick, and a 2m DVI-I duallink cable. I have to get a 5m one though, because my tower is  standing on the other end of my desk. Anyways, it looks very slick and eventhough the bezel is glossy it doesnt bother me, as I have gotten a matte panel. On the bottom edge, where you usually touch it for the buttons or carrying around its got a brushed aluminum like finish, which is very very nice. The stand is solid and does its job, noting that it is also glossy. The panel its self looks actually very very good. There is a slightly back light bleeding spot on the bottom left, but I did not notice it until looking at it with a completely black, but powered on screen. No damaged or dead pixels, as I got the pixel perfect version. Now the best part for me, personally: It overclocks to 128 Hz. Yes, its IPS and yes it cant really switch the image 120 times a second, but from my experience it feels much more fluid compared to 60 Hz. The displayed image might be blurry, but its really not any worse than with my benq XL2720T, that uses a TN panel. From my experience, you will never have a non blurry image, unless there are black frames displayed between each of the real 120 frames to "clear" the screen.

So to sum up:

- I payed 250€ (might be around 300 USD)

- shipping was free

- it arrived after 10 days, which I'd call decent conmsidering that it was just in and around Asia for already 6 days. (direct overseas shipping to USA might work faster)

- it looks absolutely perfect, completely matches my expectations in terms of image quality, but also in design and build quality.

- AND its an (display) overclockers dream.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Your only options are the Qnix QX2710 or XSTAR DP2710..Prices are dropping. Yesterday the lowest I saw them for was $269..And you can get a perfect pixel for right at $300..

What's the deference in the regular and perfect pixel?

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

What's the deference in the regular and perfect pixel?

you pay a few bucks extra and get a monitor with no dead pixels