[Benchmarks] GTX Titan SLI - 4K (3840x2160) - BF3, Skyrim, Crysis 2, Unigine Heaven

Cacao

If you're strictly gaming at under 5760x1080 then stock 780 SLI will outperform stock titan SLI, simply because they are more optimized, you can't deny that. Plus for the price of 2 titans you can get 3 780s. That's if you're JUST gaming, where the titan really shines is in productivity and at really high resolution gaming. You would have to be quite foolish to buy 2 titans over 2 780s for 1440p or 1080p gaming.

Do you have any proof that Stock 780 SLI outperforms Stock Titan SLI? Both are GK110 with Titan having more cores and a few more features hidden under hood that allow for better double precision calculating etc.

So i just dont see where are you getting Stock 780 SLI > Stock Titan SLI x)

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Why did you run 8x AA on a 4K set up? It's completely redundant. Like that retarded Tom's Hardware benchmark of "4K" gaming which was really 8K because the idiots were using SSAA. /facepalm

I ran the benchmarks to push my card to the limit, plus if you can hold 60 fps, why wouldn't you enable it? Go facepalm somewhere else :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I ran the benchmarks to push my card to the limit, plus if you can hold 60 fps, why wouldn't you enable it? Go facepalm somewhere else :D

Exactly ;D

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Well you did get a whopping 0 FPS min in Crysis 2, it would be nice to have some tests that actually show settings you would WANT TO USE. I'm annoyed because no benchmarks have done that, people just click 'ultra' and think that makes them cool but so far there are zero tests that use a sensible "custom ultra" that takes into account that you're using a 4K monitor.

AA exists to cover up a blemish exclusive to lower resolution gaming. When you next to eliminate that blemish, why would you keep using AA? Especially if you're benchmarking? It's just posturing.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well you did get a whopping 0 FPS min in Crysis 2, it would be nice to have some tests that actually show settings you would WANT TO USE. I'm annoyed because no benchmarks have done that, people just click 'ultra' and think that makes them cool but so far there are zero tests that use a sensible "custom ultra" that takes into account that you're using a 4K monitor.

AA exists to cover up a blemish exclusive to lower resolution gaming. When you next to eliminate that blemish, why would you keep using AA? Especially if you're benchmarking? It's just posturing.

Why don't you do the benchmarks then bigmouth? 

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Do you have any proof that Stock 780 SLI outperforms Stock Titan SLI? Both are GK110 with Titan having more cores and a few more features hidden under hood that allow for better double precision calculating etc.

So i just dont see where are you getting Stock 780 SLI > Stock Titan SLI x)

3436463a939efca59a5bf0ee84229593.png

02578a5d4e796819217e82b924099009.png

c21adf9e4e3045624ddc73694c8e2c0a.png

dabddfef722a1f789e1267647f819896.png

17744b90448269ebaed98cb7429b208e.png

e7d6baad605e68526e92188a657cff0b.png

610c8166f23866552992df9ddbc09dd3.png

These are what I've been talking about, for a strictly gaming build (at 1600p and under) I really don't see the point in buying 2x titans, once you get to high res or go into productivity it's a different story, can we agree on that?

That's something I WOULD argue about seeing how 780 is a single GPU card and it gives you much smoother experience...

I care to disagree and I'm much too tired to keep pumping out walls of text to argue with you every time.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Why don't you do the benchmarks then bigmouth? 

And now you're getting defensive because you know I have a point, you got called out on bragging rather than using your position of owning dual titans to provide useful benchmarks when presented with the opportunity, nice. Don't let me interfere with your e-peen stroking web clutter.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

3436463a939efca59a5bf0ee84229593.png

02578a5d4e796819217e82b924099009.png

c21adf9e4e3045624ddc73694c8e2c0a.png

dabddfef722a1f789e1267647f819896.png

17744b90448269ebaed98cb7429b208e.png

e7d6baad605e68526e92188a657cff0b.png

610c8166f23866552992df9ddbc09dd3.png

These are what I've been talking about, for a strictly gaming build (at 1600p and under) I really don't see the point in buying 2x titans, once you get to high res or go into productivity it's a different story, can we agree on that?

Still it is not stock vs stock and you are claiming a stock GTX 780 with less CUDA Cores, vRAM and other smaller features like cache etc. is faster than stock Titan :D

That is overclocked with better cooling solution (Windforce 3x) vs Stock, obviously better.

Yes 780 is much better value for less than 4k res gaming! But im just proving my point that your point is wrong xD stock vs stock Titan is obviously better, you can tell from better specs on same chip...

And now you're getting defensive because you know I have a point, you got called out on bragging rather than using your position of owning dual titans to provide useful benchmarks when presented with the opportunity, nice. Don't let me interfere with your e-peen stroking web clutter.

Hah, from disagreeing on how to benchmark, to "you got called out on bragging", my job isn't to provide YOU with benchmarks, so go take your whiny ass somewhere else. You sound like you can't handle the fact that other people have nice things. Whatever you say won't stop me from enjoying what I do, so go on, keep being an ass.

Still it is not stock vs stock and you are claiming a stock GTX 780 with less CUDA Cores, vRAM and other smaller features like cache etc. is faster than stock Titan :D

That is overclocked with better cooling solution (Windforce 3x) vs Stock, obviously better.

Yes 780 is much better value for less than 4k res gaming! But im just proving my point that your point is wrong xD stock vs stock Titan is obviously better, you can tell from better specs on same chip...

I agree with you, but the titan doesn't offer third party coolers and even a 780 with a third party cooler costs much less than a titan. Anyway all of this is kind of stupid, I'm arguing against my own card :D

I agree with you, but the titan doesn't offer third party coolers and even a 780 with a third party cooler costs much less than a titan. Anyway all of this is kind of stupid, I'm arguing against my own card :D

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/GTX-Titan-WindForce-3X-Custom,21895.html

The only one i saw so far and its not permanent, you have to mount it yourself (ships with reference onboard and additional cooler in the package xD)

I admire your setup anyway :D

my job isn't to provide YOU with benchmarks

I disagree, YOU chose to post this in the 'news & reviews' section of the forum, so it is generally expected that your post has some kind of general value.

I did not once say more powerful :P just that they would perform well. The titan is the best single card solution for VRAM for a reason :P.

I do however think 3x 7970 6GB versions would outperform 2x titans.

try to out perform them with pyhsX on.

That's not even fair?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Hahahahah :D that was funny.

That's not even fair?

OH yeah, AMD GPUs cannnot support PyhsX, so the CPU has to do it.

Doesn't due to the fact that Titans and 780s both use GPU boost 2.0, but the 780 has more non referance designs so wouldn't it get better auto overclocks?

OH yeah, AMD GPUs cannnot support PyhsX, so the CPU has to do it.

Compare how many games use PhysX to the amount that don't.  PhysX shouldn't even be a consideration when looking at graphics cards.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Compare how many games use PhysX to the amount that don't.  PhysX shouldn't even be a consideration when looking at graphics cards.

Yes it should, because the PhysX support went up and its getting bigger and bigger.

All of those games have GPU PhysX: Batman Arkham Asylum,Batman Arkham City,Batman Arkham Origins,Planetside 2,Hawken,Mirrors Edge,Warframe,Borderlands 2,The Bureau: Xcom declassified,Mafia 2,Metro 2033,Metro Last Light, and The Witcher 3.

And this alone is worth to get an Nvidia Card:

The Witcher 3 PhysX

RTX2070OC 

Yes it should, because the PhysX support went up and its getting bigger and bigger.

All of those games have GPU PhysX: Batman Arkham Asylum,Batman Arkham City,Batman Arkham Origins,Planetside 2,Hawken,Mirrors Edge,Warframe,Borderlands 2,The Bureau: Xcom declassified,Mafia 2,Metro 2033,Metro Last Light, and The Witcher 3.

The Witcher 3 PhysX

It's worth getting a Nvidia GPU for a game that isn't out yet?  They probably won't implement that feature completely in to the game anyway, it'll be a toned down version.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

The Witcher 3 PhysX

FYI, PhysX can and will die out to OpenCL based physics just because of its very nature; developers will want to appeal to as large a market as possible and using the proprietary system such as PhysX is potentially closing off the AMD users as a market for them. I speak from a developers perspective as I am a developer myself.,

FYI, PhysX can and will die out to OpenCL based physics just because of its very nature; developers will want to appeal to as large a market as possible and using the proprietary system such as PhysX is potentially closing off the AMD users as a market for them. I speak from a developers perspective as I am a developer myself.,

Open CL how it is now is not usable in games or 3d Rendering its unstable buggy and bad implementet on AMD's side.

It will take a while till it can be used in Games or 3d rendering.

RTX2070OC 

This is pretty awesome.

I'd love to see a benchmark at 4K without any AA (which is pointless in my eyes at 4K). That'd be awesome.

I'll wait for 9970 to release and use CPU based PhysX. They can develop on PhysX for AMD guys too. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Open CL how it is now is not usable in games or 3d Rendering its unstable buggy and bad implementet on AMD's side.

It will take a while till it can be used in Games or 3d rendering.

Ummm O.o what are you on? Havok Physics engine uses OpenCL O.o feel free to youtube what Havok can do & AMD didn't make OpenCL, it's called OpenCL for a reason; Open Computer Library is it's full name. Nvidia and AMD cards have the ability to use OpenCL... Please don't spew non sense.