Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

GoodBytes

Ok mine downloaded and said ready to install windows 10 insider preview, why is it saying insider preview

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

How you find the key? Does it work if you try to activate the new key see if Windows 10 recognize it? 

I downloaded and used Belarc Advisor to generate a report on my system.  There should be a Software License section there that will tell you your Windows key.  

When I ran my report it was still under the "Microsoft - Windows 8.1 Professional (x64)" label (should be right under "Microsoft Powershell").  This will have your Product ID and it brackets it will say (Key: <serial number>).  That's your Windows key right there.

That's how it appeared on my laptop now running Windows 10 Home.  I know it still says Windows 8.1 but the key I got from the report was totally different than my 8.1 key.  I guess Belarc hasn't been updated yet.

I have not tested doing a clean install and trying the new key.   I'll test it tomorrow.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I downloaded and used Belarc Advisor to generate a report on my system.  There should be a Software License section there that will tell you your Windows key.  

When I ran my report it was still under the "Microsoft - Windows 8.1 Professional (x64)" label (should be right under "Microsoft Powershell").  This will have your Product ID and it brackets it will say (Key: <serial number>).  That's your Windows key right there.

That's how it appeared on my laptop now running Windows 10 Home.  I know it still says Windows 8.1 but the key I got from the report was totally different than my 8.1 key.  I guess Belarc hasn't been updated yet.

I have not tested doing a clean install and trying the new key.   I'll test it tomorrow.

Please do sir and tell me if it work or not. Also, can you give me the link for that application if it work for you?

Oh right right right. Sorry, I was not thinking straight.

This is what you need:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231 (Win10 version)

THANK GOD THEY FINALLY RELEASED IT! I was looking everywhere for the Windows 10 version earlier, but I couldn't find it! They must have just uploaded it. Awesome, thanks man!

COMIC SANS

Please do sir and tell me if it work or not. Also, can you give me the link for that application if it work for you?

Here ya go:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

I'll keep you posted on doing a clean install tomorrow (unless someone here has done the same and can confirm if reentering the Windows 10 key works).

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Here ya go:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

I'll keep you posted on doing a clean install tomorrow (unless someone here has done the same and can confirm if reentering the Windows 10 key works).

Yeah I clean installed with the Key extracted from the Windows 10 upgrade, and it worked. I did have to re-enter the product key a couple times but I think that was server side issues.

Who else is having trouble with apple softwares (iTunes and quicktime) on Win 10? I can't get them to install.

Windows 10 hates my GTX 980

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Ok, so I installed it through the windows update.

That's it? No ISO?

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

That's it? No ISO?

No

That's it? No ISO?

Aha I've already extracted the files from $Windows.~BT. You guys should do the same just in-case. I read the License Agreement (yes, no lie) They allow you to make 1 backup for recovery purposes only of your system's OS.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Aha I've already extracted the files from $Windows.~BT. You guys should do the same just in-case. I read the License Agreement (yes, no lie) They allow you to make 1 backup for recovery purposes only of your system's OS.

Still have a month to revert back to w8.1 or 7. 

I don't ever backup. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

My usb stick is formated in gpt i believe least i choose that option with rufus.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/ i don't see why i would need to install windows without uefi aka legacy bios mode

GPT is the type of partition table, the file system needs to be correct too.

Do you have the driver that came out yesterday?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I uninstalled the shitty driver that came with the ISO and put in a new driver straight from nvidia. It works now, but i had switch to the iGPU to get things to see my screen. Thankfully the intel driver was not trash.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I uninstalled the shitty driver that came with the ISO and put in a new driver straight from nvidia. It works now, but i had switch to the iGPU to get things to see my screen. Thankfully the intel driver was not trash.

Wow. Yesterday I couldn't even get programs to recognise the integrated graphics. It's like the intel driver just wasn't bothered about working. It's working fine now though.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

So i've got the folder, but don't know if i should install it

I've also checked the properties and it says it is 6GB, but in the disk it is just 4GB

i dont get it i reserved still dont have win 10 :(

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

So i've got the folder, but don't know if i should install it

I've also checked the properties and it says it is 6GB, but in the disk it is just 4GB

attachicon.gifsdas.PNG

Don't try to run the setup in the folder. Wait for Windows Update to prompt you.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

i dont get it i reserved still dont have win 10 :(

It can take a while as its going in waves so not everyone is getting it all at once. It may take a few days. :/

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Don't try to run the setup in the folder. Wait for Windows Update to prompt you.

ok, maybe it didn't completely download

I guess it's time to wait. *Ommm (with patience)*

So I downloaded the Win10 tool. It starts win 10 download and it asks me to accept the agreement. All good, until it ask me Choose what to keep. I press nothing and then it says Making sure you are ready to install and then it loops to choose what to keep! 

What am I missing or its because Im in the east coast...... and the upgrade wave still in the west coast?

EDIT: I got it working...

Anyone one know off the cuff if Win10 P2P updates could cause QOS issues, or if its "smart enough" to know when not to upload?

It's been 3 days and my c:\$windows.~BT is still stuck at 140mb. While I'm working a clean install of a Win8.1 laptop. Win10 shows up right away for download in optional updates and rest of the critical updates for win 8.1 aren't even installed yet! Dafuq?!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list