Razer acquires OUYA and Founder Julie Uhrman Leaves [confirmed]

SnakeDrone

This has been rumored for a while, but now it's final ... Razer acquires OUYA console developer.

"While Razer is not retaining interest in OUYA hardware or related other assets, it does plan to publish Android TV content and Android-based TV console games under the OUYA moniker as a separate interest."

- Razer Acquires OUYA Software Assets / Press Release

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?

Does this mean a razer console?????? 

They kinda already have one, their ForgeTV is an android based console same as the Ouya.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

As easy as it is to mock Ouya for being a bad console with a bad name, to this day it is still a wildly more popular brand than Razer's console.

...Oh, what's that? You never heard of Razer's Android console?  Exactly.

As easy as it is to mock Ouya for being a bad console with a bad name, to this day it is still a wildly more popular brand than Razer's console.

This seems like an odd comparison to make, considering Razer's console launched barely a few months ago.  Unless they had a prior one I'm not aware of?

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

And that's probably why they bought it...

Does this mean a razer console?????? 

You mean a Razer Android TV Console? Yawn. I guess it'll give NVIDIA Shield Console a bit of competition.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This seems like an odd comparison to make, considering Razer's console launched barely a few months ago.  Unless they had a prior one I'm not aware of?

And?

When the OUYA launched, everyone and their mother new about it.

When the PlayStation launched, everyone knew.

When the NVIDIA Shield launched, everyone knew.

See the theme?

Just because it's a few months old is no excuse - in fact, it's quite the opposite. Their launch should have been the biggest part, the most interesting, with the most amount of news coverage. I didn't even know they had one until this thread.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Today Razer has acquired not all but some of Ouya. Ouya, commonly known for its 2012 Kickstarter campaign for an Android-powered non-streaming gaming box was not as big of a success as people had hoped.

Razer's CEO posted the following on Facebook announcing the purchase:

noGTa2v.png

Further Min-Liang Tan said "Ouya's work with game developers, both triple A and indies, went a long way in bringing Android games to the living room and Razer intends to further that work." As some may recall from the Ouya Kickstarter days. Many devs from Square Enix to Mojang promised to bring games to this new Android device. Whether or not the device itself was successful it was a definite step forward in the development of Android as a gaming platform.

Sources

https://www.facebook.com/minliangtan/photos/a.116842955040162.11402.113306788727112/916396088418174/?type=1&theater

http://www.pcgamer.com/razer-confirms-ouya-acquisition/

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/7/27/9046895/razer-hopes-ouya-acquistion-will-fuel-an-android-powered-revolution

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Isn't it against the rules to post and then edit it later?

Perhaps he wanted to post it first... I hope he's editing it right now.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Not specifically. But the article should have been quoted at least to some extent and at least the minimum amount of original input should have been included. That is what it seems like to me in any case: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I wanted to write more than one line, but often people who do get beat to the news post by people who don't editorialize it.

Didn't realize that was a rule. Sorry Mods.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

I wanted to write more than one line, but often people who do get beat to the news post by people who don't editorialize it.

I'm probably wrong, didn't mean any harm. Just genuine curiosity.

I shouldn't think it is too much of an issue, since you were so quick with following up with edits.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Perhaps he wanted to post it first... I hope he's editing it right now.

She*

And did. :)

I shouldn't think it is too much of an issue, since you were so quick with following up with edits.

I knew that it would piss off the forum if I left it without edits for too long. So I acted swiftly.

She*

And did. :)

I knew that it would piss off the forum if I left it without edits for too long. So I acted swiftly.

I have a male friend who's name is Ashley, sorry. You get used to it after a while. 

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

It's not necessarily a rule, but a rule of thumb and a courtesy gesture. You should have most or all of the article written before you post it. 

COMIC SANS

I have a male friend who's name is Ashley, sorry. You get used to it after a while. 

I work with a guy who goes by Ash.

It's not necessarily a rule, but a rule of thumb and a courtesy gesture. You should have most or all of the article written before you post it. 

Will keep that in mind.

I work with a guy who goes by Ash.

They tend to prefer it. Ash for masculinity and Ashley for feminism, I guess. Never really stuck by it, though.

---

Ouya will be interesting as an aquisition. I'll look forward to what it brings to the table.

*cough*better razer synapse*cough*

They tend to prefer it. Ash for masculinity and Ashley for feminism, I guess. Never really stuck by it, though.

---

Ouya will be interesting as an aquisition. I'll look forward to what it brings to the table.

*cough*better razer synapse*cough*

Is Synapse even on their console? I thought that was their cloud sync thing.