Who's the bad sponsor Linus talked about ?

TheRisingMyth

Hello LTT peeps, hope y'all doin' fine.

If you've been following the WAN Show close enough, you know Linus mentioned a "bad sponsor" they've dropped because of a particular anti-consumer practice towards their audience.

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea of who that might be ?

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

umm, no.

Likely CrunchyRoll. I haven't seen them in a while.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I'm 99% sure I know who it was but don't want to speculate.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Crunchy Roll.

It is not on their sponsor list any more.

This was a while ago. And crunchy has been on a bunch of recent ones.

My personal guess is that it's probably Five Four.

Last time I saw then was office tour 4, I think it was them

TELL. Lynda?

Lynda was on a WAN a few weeks ago, they mentioned dropping a sponsor several months ago

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I think It was the Fire poll

Don't even start... and its firePOLE!!

This was a while ago. And crunchy has been on a bunch of recent ones.

My personal guess is that it's probably Five Four.

Last time I saw then was office tour 4, I think it was them

Nevermind then, guess I just didn't pay attention. And now that you mention it, I haven't seen Five Four on WAN for a long time.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Lynda was on a WAN a few weeks ago, they mentioned dropping a sponsor several months ago

Yeah it was crunchyroll. No longer listed under sponsors.

blackshades on

TBH haven't seen 5-4 in a while.

Might have been them.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If you dont see it on this list they are not supported any more 

uwoWt3c.png

Yeah it was crunchyroll. No longer listed under sponsors.

I'm thinking it was a different one, that being said I don't want to name names.

For the record this is just guess work on my part, I've heard nothing from anyone in LMG on the matter

The poll / pole confusion may have happened because of firepoll.co

So sorry My England Is bad

I'm thinking it was a different one, that being said I don't want to name names.

For the record this is just guess work on my part, I've heard nothing from anyone in LMG on the matter

I need to know

blackshades on

I'm under the impression that it may have been hotspot shield, but don't take that to heart.

Nevermind then, guess I just didn't pay attention. And now that you mention it, I haven't seen Five Four on WAN for a long time.

I still see linus wear the five four shirt though

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps?