Leaked Note 5 prototype images

Aniallation

200 dollars is nothing if you really need that storage. What would you ever need bigger than 128gb for, the phone probably doesn't even have enough battery to playback all that content.

It's hell of a lot more than what microSD cards cost. What kind of argument is that even suppose to be? You could say the same about an SSD. Would you be okay with 200 dollar SSDs that were 90GB, when we are used to 250 or even more for the same price? Of course not, so why should we be okay with that idiotic move for smartphones and tablets?

I don't want a lot of storage so that I can marathon content. I want it for other reasons. For example I am planning a trip to Japan. I am going to bring a bunch of SD cards so that I can make backups of all the photos I take (they are 20MB each). I don't want like 100GB on my phone so that I can marathon view the images I take, I want that much space so I can do backups. Essentially use it as a USB memory stick.

If you want another example then I would like to have it so I can bring multiple series with me. I don't want to plan "I am going to watch 1 episode of X and 2 episodes of Y" because maybe show Y got boring and show X left off at a really exciting moment. I want to be able to say "I will take 1 season of episode X and 2 seasons of Y, then I can pick which episodes to watch later".

Stop trying to defend the lack of microSD cards because the only reason why manufacturers are pushing for it is so they can suck as much money from us customers as possible. Of course they don't want you paying 10 dollars to get 32GB extra when they can charge you 100 dollars extra for the same amount.

It's hell of a lot more than what microSD cards cost. What kind of argument is that even suppose to be? You could say the same about an SSD. Would you be okay with 200 dollar SSDs that were 90GB, when we are used to 250 or even more for the same price? Of course not, so why should we be okay with that idiotic move for smartphones and tablets?

I don't want a lot of storage so that I can marathon content. I want it for other reasons. For example I am planning a trip to Japan. I am going to bring a bunch of SD cards so that I can make backups of all the photos I take (they are 20MB each). I don't want like 100GB on my phone so that I can marathon view the images I take, I want that much space so I can do backups. Essentially use it as a USB memory stick.

If you want another example then I would like to have it so I can bring multiple series with me. I don't want to plan "I am going to watch 1 episode of X and 2 episodes of Y" because maybe show Y got boring and show X left off at a really exciting moment. I want to be able to say "I will take 1 season of episode X and 2 seasons of Y, then I can pick which episodes to watch later".

Stop trying to defend the lack of microSD cards because the only reason why manufacturers are pushing for it is so they can suck as much money from us customers as possible. Of course they don't want you paying 10 dollars to get 32GB extra when they can charge you 100 dollars extra for the same amount.

If the speeds were different? Yes, I would pay more, which in this case, samsung's flash is ALOT faster than the SD cards more people will put in their phones.

And who's defending who? I could care less what the poor people think, they shouldn't even be looking at flagship devices that's not in their price bracket.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

If the speeds were different? Yes, I would pay more, which in this case, samsung's flash is ALOT faster than the SD cards more people will put in their phones.

And who's defending who? I could care less what the poor people think, they shouldn't even be looking at flagship devices that's not in their price bracket.

10/10 post. Good job ignoring all my arguments and just going "lol you're poor".

So you are okay with manufacturers limiting upgradability and then having a 1000% profit margin on it?

Imagine if motherboard manufacturers hardwired SSDs to the motherboard and then removed all SATA ports. That is essentially what is happening on phones and tablets, and people are defending this crap? There are 0 drawbacks to having microSD in a phone, but a huge drawback to not having it. Stop defending this horribly anti consumer practise.

Imagine if motherboard manufacturers hardwired SSDs to the motherboard and then removed all SATA ports. That is essentially what is happening on phones and tablets, and people are defending this crap? There are 0 drawbacks to having microSD in a phone, but a huge drawback to not having it. Stop defending this horribly anti consumer practise.

If those hardwired SSDs are faster than what I can buy, I'd have no problem with getting rid of Sata ports.

The drawbacks to micro sd expansion are idiots. Users who buy slow, cheap micro SD cards, and wonder why their phone isn't performing well. Samsung used super fast flash on the galaxy s6. With micro SD gone, they don't have to worry about the users that put crap SD cards in their phones that degrade performance.

And as for the other guy, yes poor people shouldn't be looking at flagship devices. If they're too poor to afford the higher storage capacity phones for a few hundred dollars, that device clearly isn't in their price bracket. Do you know who has the final say in capitalism? Consumers with money, poor people don't get a say. People with money are buying phones like that, so companies will move towards no micro sd card phones.

I think Samsung are actually starting to impress me for the first time since the S3 in the looks department. The fit and feel of touchwiz still needs fixing though, I can't stand it yet. However they still need expandable storage to woo me over, so if the note 5 doesn't have it I'll be severely unimpressed.

I am super impressed with Motorola recently. Nice to have once company still offering MicroSD expansion, plus I think the 2015 Moto X looks way better than the 2014 version and it's only $399, the 2014 version got a price drop to $299, and the new Moto G is kinda a beast for $220 to habe an actual good camera, good batery, waterproof, etc.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

yep microusb, to be honest, whats the point of type c right now on mobile?

It's a sturdier, stronger and more reliable connector. Micro USB is very delicate owing to its design. Its advantage lies in how widespread it is, but the standard itself is not particularly good.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

-snip-

Manufacturers charge those amounts of money because some people do indeed have more money than brains.

My M8 is running a 128GB class 10 micro SD that I purchased for $70.  I verified that it's more than fast enough to play full-size Blu-Ray rips (30GB per movie), so it's certainly good enough for storage of regular 1080p movies, FLAC music and snapping photos and videos.  And that's exactly what 99.99999999% of people use their storage for.

I can even swap the card out for another one if I were to run out of space.  Good luck doing that on your internal memory that you paid 4 times as much for.

Anyone thinking that they need superfast internal flash for mass storage, or happily spending way more than the market price to get the same amount of space, is simply ruining it for the rest of the population.

EDIT : @ whichever mod edited this post : There was no reason for that edit.  There are lots of much stronger expressions on here.