I've Been IP Banned From Twitch for Seemingly No Reason

EChondo

Hey guys/gals, I doubt anyone can help me here, but I thought I'd post this since Twitch seems to be incompetent lately with their support side.

About a week ago I went to watch some Twitch streams and to my surprise a white page kept appearing saying;

You have been blocked from using Twitch. Please visit the Support Center for more information on why you may have been banned.

I went to the support center, sent them an email, and the only thing I've been replied back with is a Google Docs form to fill out that is a "Suspension Appeal". The thing is, I haven't been told what I was banned for or how long this ban is. I've tried contacting Twitch Support on Twitter 3 times now and still no response from them.

I can't sign-in on Twitch and I can't watch streams on Twitch. This is really starting to get aggravating since SGDQ starts tomorrow and I won't be able to watch any of it.

Anyone know what I can do from here? It seems Twitch just wants to keep me banned and in the dark about all of this.

*Edit, I have just received a random email from Twitch. I am now unbanned and it appears someone else was banned that was on my IP, unfortunately I have no idea who this was and honestly it's very annoying that I was effected by this when I did nothing wrong.

I really hate IP bans, for this reason exactly.

Maybe try a vpn extension for your browser.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

The same thing happened to me but I had a VPN on it banned me for some reason, but when I turned it off I could use Twitch. So look for any programs that might be interfering with Twitch or your internet.

Smell my headphones

What were you doing to get a ban? Have you tried using an online proxy?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Did you reply using the Google Docs form?

The Google Docs form completed and told me to wait for a response. Which was almost a week ago.

Maybe try a vpn extension for your browser.

Would rather not use one.

The same thing happened to me but I had a VPN on it banned me for some reason, but when I turned it off I could use Twitch. So look for any programs that might be interfering with Twitch or your internet.

Wish it was as simple as this, but multiple computers and devices all say the same thing in my house, so it isn't this.

What were you doing to get a ban? Have you tried using an online proxy?

Absolutely nothing. I barely watch 1-2 streamers and only comment on one of their streams and I know I haven't said/done anything to warrant a ban.

I'm IP banned from steamdb.com although I never used it.

I found out a few months ago when I wanted to check how much my steam account was worth.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

unplug your modem, then plug it back in... yay now you have a new IP address from your ISP/

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Try and get a new IP from your ISP.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

unplug your modem, then plug it back in... yay now you have a new IP address from your ISP/

I have a business account, so I don't have dynamic IP's, thanks though.

Flush your DNS

Did that, nothing, thanks though.

Try and get a new IP from your ISP.

Not going to happen with static IP's, already tried. That's AT&T for yah.

Flush your DNS

That won't do anything at all. Flushing the DNS cache will just make his browser re-cache the IP addresses associated with whatever websites he browses. It will not change his WAN IP address in the slightest.

@EChondo if you have a Static IP Address from your ISP, then there's nothing you can do (without using a VPN service). I would suggest keep tweeting at the Twitch Twitter account to try and get someone to look at your account. It will likely simply take time.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That won't do anything at all. Flushing the DNS cache will just make his browser re-cache the IP addresses associated with whatever websites he browses. It will not change his WAN IP address in the slightest.

@EChondo if you have a Static IP Address from your ISP, then there's nothing you can do (without using a VPN service). I would suggest keep tweeting at the Twitch Twitter account to try and get someone to look at your account. It will likely simply take time.

Thanks, I've been tweeting every other day, guess I'll have to start tweeting once a day, and if that doesn't work then twice a day. Such bullshit, gonna miss SGDQ because of this. Guess I can watch the archives on YouTube...

• 4 weeks later...

Okay officially bumping this thread. It has been a MONTH now and still no response whatsoever from Twitch Support.

I really hate to do this, but @LinusTech could you help out in any way? The only streamers I watch are you and AnneMunition and very rarely Renay and Gassy. I know I haven't said anything in any chats to warrant this ban so I am very confused and irritated that this is happening.

*Edit, I have just received a random email from Twitch. I am now unbanned and it appears someone else was banned that was on my IP, unfortunately I have no idea who this was and honestly it's very annoying that I was effected by this when I did nothing wrong.

I really hate IP bans, for this reason exactly.

Not going to happen with static IP's, already tried. That's AT&T for yah.

AT$T. Oh god no.

Jwow_is_gagging.gif

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

If you have static ips you're assigned them from the isp, which means someone under your isp account got ip banned.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers