Featured Build Logs #003 - Voting Thread

Whaler_99

Featured Build Logs #003 - Voting

Submission thread can be found here.

NOTE: You can vote for more than one build!

Eligible Builds

Submissions in violation of any of the rules, or which did not
adhere to the template, are not eligible for voting and will therefore
not be making an appearance in this thread.

1 - Only submit your own build log. You cannot submit if you have won in the past three months.

2 - Your build must be completed. Do not submit "In Progress" builds.
3 - Description cap of 200 words.
4 - Do not include specs, please have a detailed list of specs in your actual Build Log thread.

Additionally, we reserve the right to not accept submissions for other reasons.

Entrants:

ciobanulx

guitarhero23

claytonno

Derykey

ELSknutson

Higgl3

georgeghazi

ungreedy

wolffboy212

fancyfootworks

foxwater

FuzzyYellow

Poll Results

post-765-0-97992900-1442070782.jpg

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Forum ID: ciobanulx

Build Title: GREEN MOLECULE

Thread URL: Build Log

Description: The Green Molecule is a build in a Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 in which I have modified nearly every component to fit the green and white theme with the molecules twist. The best features of the build are the custom side panel window, the fully custom reservoir in the front panel and the shroud incorporating the pump and res combo into it. Check the build log for more pics.

JBlwHxb.jpg

Forum ID: guitarhero23

Build Title: White Metropolis
Description:  I wanted a build that was if a small form factor, allowing easier transportation when LANNING without sacrificing cooling power when home and overclocking.  I also wanted to create as clean of a build visually as I could which is where the idea for this came from.  I developed a quick disconnect system from S5 to pedestal allowing me to separate the two.  The name "White Metropolis" started out because I was trying to brainstorm a name that wasn't cliche with a white build and chose it with no intention of including it in the build theme.  That all changed when I got inspired by city silhouettes.  In this build you will find the silhouettes of major cities all across the world such as Hong Kong - China, Bangkok - Thailand and Jakarta - Indonesia because of how they looked.  I've hopefully succeeded in tying all these things together in a visually appealing, high detail design.  Windows all around led for designing ideas that complement the computer no matter which side you look at it,no matter where you view it from you get a different and equally pleasing view.  Check out the log for all custom parts.

w5ET9z8.jpg

Forum ID:claytonno

Build Title: Red blood direct die overkill monster 900d modded etc
Thread URL: http://linustechtips...mplete-finally/
Description: A build that I can truly cally my own, have only seen a couple of 900ds that managed this much rad space and I have never seen one configured quite like mine has been.

post-50257-0-49305000-1431048896_thumb.j

Forum ID: Derykey
Build Title: The Red Menace
Thread URL: My Build
Description: The Menace, The Red Menace, The build of a life time that costed almost $400 to make, Build, and put into service, Run's OCed with TONS of cooling, Nothing can say i wanna overclock then this Beast then this, Called it the DIYPC Project "G" As because this is mostly up for gaming! Yes, you can say it sucks, But it runs most of what you would want!

689525b48326c33f74ae2abc991d08fc.jpg

Forum ID:ELSknutson

Build Title: The 7D
Thread URL:http://linustechtips...al-with-photos/
Description: Just another project. that's all. I'm not much of a gamer but I enjoy building computers and playing with PC Mods  so when the ASUS Sabranco board cam out I knew I wanted to do a build with it. So I put my Humvee build on the back burner and scraped up some money and threw this together.

• post-112513-0-12921100-1431364328_thumb.

Forum ID: Higgl3
Build Title: Roadside Junk in a Box
Thread URL: JunkinaBox
Description: I found a decent PC in a pile of trash by the side of the road ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so I took it home and it worked ¯\(°_°)/¯. chucked in some new component and made a cheap case out of wood  :D

It's not some baller watercooled build, but it was fun to make!

P7Uz5dhh.jpg

Forum ID: georgeghazi

Build Title: "Project Iceberg" The Ultimate Watercooled Gaming Wall
Thread URL: http://linustechtips...ed-gaming-wall/
Description: An Idea I had for many years, financially held back from attempting it until recently. The idea was to bring my pc and game consoles together, wall mount and watercool them all.

It's a big project and it all stays cool, hence the name "Iceberg"(first thing that popped in my head). I built it all from the ground up, basically coming up with more ideas on how to mount parts

as i worked through. I had a rough idea in my head of how i wanted it to look but certain obstacles got in the way and I had to improvise. I was sure on a couple things from the beginning, that was

the white and blue theme and the glowing company logos. I'm happy with the result though if there is one thing i may change in the future its the flexible tubing to hardline acrylic. 

Z0MFuxj.jpg

Forum ID: ungreedy

Build Title: NES 3.0 
Thread URL: http://linustechtips...pics/?p=3201304
Description: This is a build I wanted to do for a long time, Something about putting a pc in my favorite game console from my child hood ,The Nintendo Entertainment System. A few goals I had for this build was for it to be cleanly built inside and out,good cable management and decent airflow. I feel that I succeeded in all three areas and pack quite a decent gaming pc in this tiny shell. This build was purposed built for my family and I to enjoy games and media together.

So this is my take on a Retro Classic with a modern twist!

DSC_0159_zps22cqvqrf.jpg

Forum ID: wolffboy212
Build Title: The Toaster
Description: Here is my latest build. I went from giant (See previous build in the log) to as small as possible. Every bit and piece took precision planning and a LOT of compromise when putting it together. Due to this fact it has been a rolling build for a few months (picture) it took many orders from around the internet to get it right. There is a few modded and improvised parts as well as fully custom fit and sleeved cables (A requirement for a clean looking ncase m1 / small form factor). After using the final build for about a month now I am very satisfied it and believe the investment really paid off.

5rw3Upj.jpg

Forum ID: fancyfootworks

Build Title: Disco Heaven AKA The Tesseract
Description: This is my newest creation. Full Acrylic Case reinforced with steel bolts. A small form factor case but its dazzling lights and unique design catches lots of attention. Crafted by hand, cutting acrylic sheets and assembled with love.. Turned out to be an Attention Whore.

So here it is! Better pics that show its Lighting effects in my thread url!

post-45026-0-60651300-1434909397_thumb.j

Forum ID: foxwater

Build Title: Grass Block Server

Thread URL: http://www.instructa...tom-Block-Case/

Description: I made this awhile back and have been using it to host my minecraft server/decorate my room, hits about 15W at CPU load (iGPU doesn't get used when hosting). Total build cost: ~$350

Full disclosure...even I will be voting for White Metropolis.

FOF2I3CI1LZ0DBU.jpg

Forum ID: FuzzyYellow

Build Title: Fuzzy's G3
Thread URL: http://linustechtips...2846-fuzzys-g3/
Description: this is my Power Mac G3 case mod build log that includes budget parts, amateurish skill, and a whole lot of plastic dip. 

post-103118-0-71909200-1437804018_thumb.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

I loved the,we are one feeling with the iceberg 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I wish i could vote for them all. Tricky decision

You can actually :)

We doubt everyone will vote for every build, but if you think two, or even more, are really outstanding and want to vote for a few, then by all means, go ahead.

Couldn't decide between White Metropolis and the NES 3.0, so they got one each. Loads of quality here. :)

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

Why is White Metropolis so sexy?!?! I can't handle that kind of sexiness. :D

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Couldn't decide between White Metropolis and the NES 3.0, so they got one each. Loads of quality here. :)

Thanks for your support. Good luck to all.

Voted 7D and NES 3.0. Lovely builds, love the white theme of the 7D, but I also have a weakspot for small builds like that NES 3.0

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Voted for white metropolis, project iceberg and NES 3.0

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

I have a build in the contest, and I still voted for @guitarhero23 :P

great work man!

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I have a build in the contest, and I still voted for @guitarhero23 :P

great work man!

You rock! I hope your build has been running nicely for you. I just upgraded to windows 10 and it broke my Internet connection....reverted back to 7 and it's still messed up. Gotta figure it out after work. Dammit Microsoft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cant wait to enter my table in this comp when I finish it. The NES 3.0 looks really sick though. I remember playing with that when I was a child.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Congrats to ALL!

The Voting is done. I will be working on the PREZI presentations shortly to get them, hopefully, into the next WAN show.

post-765-0-73657200-1442070748.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So I semi recently finished my build ThePylon and was wonder how I could get in on this.

• 2 weeks later...

So I semi recently finished my build ThePylon and was wonder how I could get in on this.

Things have been been very busy, but I hope to have the things from this compo ready for the WAN show. After that, I will be opening up a new featured build compo which you will be able to get into. :)