Which mechanical keyboard to buy?

Shoob

I'm mostly looking for a durable keyboard that will last me quite some time. However in my country there's a very limited choice of switches and mechanical keyboards. I will use my keyboard mostly for typing and a little bit of gaming (around 3-4 hours a week). There are 3 choices with adequate price and switch type for me. I'm looking for the best price/performance and durability.

1. CM Storm QuickFire XT

Things I like:

• Cherry MX Blue Switches
  • Traditional Layout
  • Removable / replaceable cable

Things I don't like:

• Shorter warranty - 2 Years

Price: 80 Euros (~88 USD)

2. Ttesports Poseidon Z

Things I like:

• Longer Warranty - 5 Years
  • Good Layout
  • Backlight (I won't use it most of the time)

Things I don't like:

• Blue Kailh Switches (probably less durable?)

Price: 75 Euros (~82 USD)

3. Rapoo V500

Things I like:

• It's really cheap
  • Manufacturer rates it at 60 million key strokes

Things I don't like:

• Yellow Kailh switches (Can't find much information about them)
  • It's probably quite a risky buy

Meh things:

• Tenkeyless Layout - I'll probably get used to it and my desk space is kinda limited

Price: 45 Euros (~49 USD)

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Always go for Cherry MX switches.

Is there really that little of choice?

Are there any Ducky keyboards available there?

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

I dont know much about the other brands but cooler master do some great and cheap keyboards according to my friends..

CPU - Intel core i7 4790K @ 4.00Ghz | GPU - MSI GTX970 G4 4GB | RAM - Corsair 16GB LP @ 1600Mhz | MOBO - MSI Gaming 5 Z97

HHDs - WD blue 1TB, Toshiba 500GB, Samsung 240GB(ssd) | Case - NZXT H440 | Cooler - NZXT kraken x61(soon) | PSU - Corsair RM 850W

Monitors - 2x BenQ RL2455HM | Headset - Steel Series Siberia Elite prism | MouseSteel Series Rivals | Keyboard - Steel Series Apex M800

Steel series have a great mechanical keyboard and they dont use Cherry... but i do agree cherry do awesome switches

CPU - Intel core i7 4790K @ 4.00Ghz | GPU - MSI GTX970 G4 4GB | RAM - Corsair 16GB LP @ 1600Mhz | MOBO - MSI Gaming 5 Z97

HHDs - WD blue 1TB, Toshiba 500GB, Samsung 240GB(ssd) | Case - NZXT H440 | Cooler - NZXT kraken x61(soon) | PSU - Corsair RM 850W

Monitors - 2x BenQ RL2455HM | Headset - Steel Series Siberia Elite prism | MouseSteel Series Rivals | Keyboard - Steel Series Apex M800

Yeah, the choice is really limited. There is also Quickfire TK (I don't like the layout) and all Razer Blackwidow types (they seem really overpriced). I can't find any Ducky keyboards.

@Pandalf Don't forget to follow your topics.

Also, out of those three keyboards, I would go for the Quickfire XT. I have heard a lot of good things about that keyboard (also, blue switches are SO worth it). And if you're looking for durability features, the cable is the thing that is most likely to break so the replaceable cable is a nice feature. Also, as far as durability and long-lasting goes, Cherry MX switches last FOREVER and are extremely reliable, so this keyboard will last you for a long time.

Also, are these really the only options for you? Does massdrop ship to your location? There are a lot of great mechanical keyboards/mechanical keyboard accessories that can be purchased from that site. *cough*poker 3*cough*

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Steel series have a great mechanical keyboard and they dont use Cherry... but i do agree cherry do awesome switches

There are also the Topre hybrid switches which are pretty amazing as well.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

@Pandalf Don't forget to follow your topics.

Also, out of those three keyboards, I would go for the Quickfire XT. I have heard a lot of good things about that keyboard (also, blue switches are SO worth it). And if you're looking for durability features, the cable is the thing that is most likely to break so the replaceable cable is a nice feature. Also, as far as durability and long-lasting goes, Cherry MX switches last FOREVER and are extremely reliable, so this keyboard will last you for a long time.

Also, are these really the only options for you? Does massdrop ship to your location? There are a lot of great mechanical keyboards/mechanical keyboard accessories that can be purchased from that site. *cough*poker 3*cough*

Thanks for the advice. I lean towards the Quickfire XT too. Massdrop probably ships to my location but I prefer buying from a local shop because of the warranty.

I wouldn't go with the rapoo at least when they were first coming out there were problems with the stems breaking of the switches. Not sure if that is still a problem or not. I would probably go with the cm because of the cherry switches.

Yeah, I've read about that but it seems like it's just an isolated case. I'm really tempted by the price, but if it has poor quality i'll just go for the QuickFire.