How often do you guys play racing games? Logitech G27 questions?

How often do you guys play them and if so did you guys go all out with 21:9 or tripple monitor with a logitech g27? If any of you guys do have a Logitech g27 can you tell me if its worth it?

What kind of racing games are we talking about?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

What kind of racing games are we talking about?

Mainly the ones like project cars 

G27 is a fantastic start wheel, I use it with a single 24 inch 1080p monitor. What games would you be playing?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

i play lots of project cars, tough my rig is pretty limiting in performance for that game.

i never really got around playing with a wheel, i have very limited desk space, and a wheel would just take up too many! i usually just play with a controller. (Xbox 360 or DS4)

honestly tough, from all i've seen review wise the wheel would definitely be worth it!

500th post, yay!

That's why I bought my G27, works great in pCars but you should fiddle with your settings a little bit as the karts are way different than other race cars, same with the jump from GT to Formula.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Well I have G27 (judging by my username) and I can tell you that it is wort it as much as you want it to be worth to you.

It's great if you play and enjoy racing games, and you feel like you'd enjoy even more if you had a wheel. If you only play them occasionally than it might not be worth the investment.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

G27 is a fantastic start wheel, I use it with a single 24 inch 1080p monitor. What games would you be playing?

Does it still look good on that monitor or feel emersive. I can't decide whether I should get a 1440p 144hz ips Gsync monitor. Or a 3440x1440 IPs Gsync 75-100hz monitor.

Well I have G27 (judging by my username) and I can tell you that it is wort it as much as you want it to be worth to you.

It's great if you play and enjoy racing games, and you feel like you'd enjoy even more if you had a wheel. If you only play them occasionally than it might not be worth the investment.

What monitor if its 16:9 does it stil feel emersive?

Yeah G27 works good in pCars though you need to do some tweaking to be able to feel it.

If you're into sim racing game, G27 will be a good start for you.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Does it still look good on that monitor or feel emersive. I can't decide whether I should get a 1440p 144hz ips Gsync monitor. Or a 3440x1440 IPs Gsync 75-100hz monitor.

Yeah looks great on 16:9, I haven't had the privilege of playing on anything wider and don't think I would since other game I play would have issues with 21:9.

I personally would get the 1440p 144hz monitor because of CSGO, but if your main thing will be pCars you probably want to go with the ultrawide then. If you are going to be playing on 1440p I'd recommend at least a GTX 980 or R9 390X.

Spoiler

What monitor if its 16:9 does it stil feel emersive?

yes it's standard 1080p monitor 23" one. To me it's emersive enough, since my gpu can barely push this single monitor, and hadn't had a chance to try out nor triple screen nor ultrawide.

As for witch monitor to get it depends on what else you do/play on your PC.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

yes it's standard 1080p monitor 23" one. To me it's emersive enough, since my gpu can barely push this single monitor, and hadn't had a chance to try out nor triple screen nor ultrawide.

As for witch monitor to get it depends on what else you do/play on your PC.

Yeah looks great on 16:9, I haven't had the privilege of playing on anything wider and don't think I would since other game I play would have issues with 21:9.

I personally would get the 1440p 144hz monitor because of CSGO, but if your main thing will be pCars you probably want to go with the ultrawide then. If you are going to be playing on 1440p I'd recommend at least a GTX 980 or R9 390X.

I kinda want to get it yet I don't want to spend $200 on a peripheral that I might not use too often or once a week. If games like GTA V support it or Battlefield that would be much better.

I kinda want to get it yet I don't want to spend $200 on a peripheral that I might not use too often or once a week. If games like GTA V support it or Battlefield that would be much better.

I used to have a G27 and it was a great starter wheel and pedal set. the DFGT is another good choice too. but if you want more 'hardcore' choices check out Fanatec's and Thrustmaster's offerings.

i think that actually you can set up a wheel in GTA V, but i'm not sure.

Well whether you should get it depends on you, and for $200 it not that price. I paid mine around $400 where I live 1 year and few months ago, and it serves me great, no problems.

I used to have a G27 and it was a great starter wheel and pedal set. the DFGT is another good choice too. but if you want more 'hardcore' choices check out Fanatec's and Thrustmaster's offerings.

Definitely not that hardcore however I checked out the DFGT and I was wonder how much more immersed will I feel with the g27. Is the G27 worth 2x the price

Look for a GT Driving Force Pro/GT. Basically a cut down G27 that's cheaper, they can cost from 50-120 on ebay.

Got my GT Driving Force Pro for 20...

I would say the GT Driving Force pro is fine, i wished it had a clutch but what do you expect at a low price. The gear knob is fine tho.

Definitely not that hardcore however I checked out the DFGT and I was wonder how much more immersed will I feel with the g27. Is the G27 worth 2x the price

the G27 has a clutch pedal; the pedals are made of metal (also makes it kinda hard to use with bare feet) and have good travel; has an H-shifter (used to have a sequential but it's gone in the new version); gear-driven for less noise; wheel has this nice leather-y material; bit more feedback power. 

the G27 has a clutch pedal; the pedals are made of metal (also makes it kinda hard to use with bare feet) and have good travel; has an H-shifter (used to have a sequential but it's gone in the new version); gear-driven for less noise; wheel has this nice leather-y material. 

Well since its hard to use on bare feet that turns me down. However better travel time might be worth the sacrifice. I think the Driving force has an H-shifter. I do not like it having lots of noise however I guess I can where a closed headset. And is there a way where I can add leather materiel to the Driving force

Well since its hard to use on bare feet that turns me down. However better travel time might be worth the sacrifice. I think the Driving force has an H-shifter. I do not like it having lots of noise however I guess I can where a closed headset. And is there a way where I can add leather materiel to the Driving force

if you're talking about the DFGT no it doesn't have an H-shifter. only a sequential. and the G27's not that noisy but it isn't as noisy as the DFGT. and i dunno about adding leather to the dfgt.

and another thing is the g27 has a lot of wires and is heavy so i recommend getting/building a wheel stand or a sim rig  

if you're talking about the DFGT no it doesn't have an H-shifter. only a sequential. and the G27's not that noisy but it isn't as noisy as the DFGT. and i dunno about adding leather to the dfgt.

and another thing is the g27 has a lot of wires and is heavy so i recommend getting/building a wheel stand or a sim rig  

Why do I need a stand I always thought of it as bring it in when I'm about to play and put it out when i'm done?

Why do I need a stand I always thought of it as bring it in when I'm about to play and put it out when i'm done?

well i had to haul my g27 back and forth and it was a pain in the ass to do. takes 5-10 minutes to setup each time. you have to carry the wheel itself, the pedals, and the shifter

It is really a pain in the back side to set-up each time. I have mine always mounted on my desk, even when I'm not using it.