Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I almost bought a Xbox one.

I bought a PS4 for the sole purpose of playing FIFA (soccer) on it, because the PC community for it sucks.

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

I bought a graphics card from ebay. Used. At least it worked.

I bought a PS4 for the sole purpose of playing FIFA (soccer) on it, because the PC community for it sucks.

Not just the community, but the game itself is literally a shite console port. It's not even treated as next gen. In fact, the XBOX 360 and PS3 copies look the same, if not better, than the pc. What can you expect? It's EA

I call nvidia nuhvidia

I did too for the longest time until a friend corrected me.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Not just the community, but the game itself is literally a shite console port. It's not even treated as next gen. In fact, the XBOX 360 and PS3 copies look the same, if not better, than the pc. What can you expect? It's EA

i think they are doing "nextgen" on PC this year for FIFA 15, but still console community > Pc community on FIFA not to mention all the cheaters and such on PC.

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

i think they are doing "nextgen" on PC this year for FIFA 15, but still console community > Pc community on FIFA not to mention all the cheaters and such on PC.

But on console, there's an absolute ton of scammers and coin traders...

But on console, there's an absolute ton of scammers and coin traders...

scammers are not hard to avoid, just use common sense.

Coin traders is something that probably wont go away, even if they managed to ban autobuyers all together. Where there is a demand there will be a supply.

I have a 2500.- System. And a 120.- Monitor. Connected via VGA.

I also use a Logitech K120 membrane keyboard with a broken spacebar.

I'm sorry.

btw I use arch

i... i ... sorry guys im realy nervous never told anyone this... i bought...... a gtx 650 :/

P.S. dont worry now im part of the 780ti master race : P

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

i... i ... sorry guys im realy nervous never told anyone this... i bought...... a gtx 650 :/

Nah. It ain't too bad. The only thing GTX 650 is hated for is for being bundled with (overpriced) prebuilt "gaming PCs" with top of the line CPU (or not-so top of the line), but a medicore GPU like GTX 650.

But hey, 2 years ago I bought a 550Ti, as used, for 100€. Those things can be found on internet auction sites for ~40€ today...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Nah. It ain't too bad. The only thing GTX 650 is hated for is for being bundled with (overpriced) prebuilt "gaming PCs" with top of the line CPU (or not-so top of the line), but a medicore GPU like GTX 650.

But hey, 2 years ago I bought a 550Ti, as used, for 100€. Those things can be found on internet auction sites for ~40€ today...

My friend bought one of those "gaming" PCs with that GTX650... Still better than the GT330, I guess. NVIDIA's gaming line starts at GTX x6x, so it's pretty close.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Beach please. Replaced a GT330 with a GT630. I am not a smart man...

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

oooooh, I have loads.

My computer is 2 years old. When I built it, I installed no SSD or GPU and I stuck with the stock PSU that came with the machine. I also thought that said stock PSU would power a 7870 when I actually got one. noooo... (cries) but I have a CX500. Pretty reasonable, so that makes it all okay.

I have two (yes count them, TWO, 2, one plus another one, TWO) Optical drives in my desktop. My old man wanted to copy some discs and to do them really quickly he said "get another drive" so I did.

I cut a nice window into my side panel, which took me over an hour, with a dremel and two sanding-grinder wheels instead of a diamond wheel because I'm poor. I was planning on fitting it with an acrylic pane, but then my CM 212 arrived... which cools my computer beautifully but sticks an entire centimeter out of my bog-standard case (which is not built in any way, shape or form for modding or customizing)... Yayyyyy (which means that I also leave my computer open, which looks awesome, but... ehhh)

If I hear a song I like the sound of, I don't go and buy it, I look it up on Youtube and grab it off there. I have a legitimate reason for this; why buy a crappy 128kbps mp3 from iTunes when I can just grab a beautiful 320kbps .mp3 from Youtube, or a lossless .m4a? It makes no sense at all.

I have never used an antistatic wrist strap or an antistatic mat, but that has never really been an issue for the following reasons: My desk's top is made of MDF, the drawers and legs are made of steel, I never wear socks when working with electronics, I always keep my feet on the inner sides of my desk when working with electronics, and static electricity has to make its way through an antistatic chair mat, the plastic caster wheels, the metal structure of the legs, the hydraulic lubricant in the stalk, the metal underside of the seat AND the synthetic leather covering of my chair just to make it to my already well-grounded hands.

I once rage-broke a laptop when I was 11 because it was being so slow and bogged down with all the bloatware. I very rarely get that angry. I still have it... somehow... it's an HP though, so hopefully you guys will forgive me. My dad certainly did, before literally jumping for joy when I broke the damn thing.

Here's possibly my worst one: I replaced the thermal paste on my current laptop, but to clean the old stuff off, I used 91% alcohol because I couldn't find 99% at the chemists, and I'm too lazy to go find any. I waited a long time with a heating lamp over it for it to dry, though.

I bought a cheap chinese gaming mouse. You'll be surprised to learn that it's actually quite decent considering I paid $7 for it. It's not OMGROTFLOL-NERDFANGASM-grade brilliant (or programmable) but it sure as hell has converted me to gaming mice and is incredibly comfortable.

My laptop has an SDD but my desktop (and literally every other PC in the house) doesn't. That makes my laptop by a really, REALLY long shot, the fastest computer in the house.

I once sat by and protested weakly whilst my dad (who reckons he's terrific at computers) installed an extra 8GB of RAM into an ancient 2009 iMac. My face when I beheld a computer with 12GB of badly, BADLY mismatched memory.

I installed 16GB into my own PC, which runs an APU that will never use that much efficiently. I was a cheapskate, though and bought 1333mhz ram. I should have gotten the 2400MHz stuff...

I have several bare laptop drives that I leave lying around my dust-filled room. Yep.

Forgive me, for I have sinned. I sincerely apologize for all the throw-ups I may have caused you.

Downloaded open office from file hippo, got infected with all kinds of crap.

Bought an iPad.

Tried to run GTX280 from a 350 watt PSU

My friend bought one of those "gaming" PCs with that GTX650... Still better than the GT330, I guess. NVIDIA's gaming line starts at GTX x6x, so it's pretty close.

Nvidia's gaming line of GPUs start at x5x, say for example 650, 550Ti, 750... They are marked with "GTX" to indicate they're for gaming tasks, while "GT" marked GPUs are for multimedia consumption, not much for gaming though, too weak for that.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

We had a old copy of Windows 7 pro that was used on another PC... I lied to tech support saying that I was trying to install it on the same PC and it wasn't working, so they would reset my code and allow me to install it on my current rig

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

We had a old copy of Windows 7 pro that was used on another PC... I lied to tech support saying that I was trying to install it on the same PC and it wasn't working, so they would reset my code and allow me to install it on my current rig

that's not a tech crime, that's letting the microsoft bastard have it with both barrels.

I sticked my hand into my case to check the RAM's heat...  :mellow:

sry

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I currently run a pirated Windows 7 Ultimate, I did buy it originally and lost or someone stole the DVD and key but Microsoft wouldn't help. Like fuck I'm buying it again.

Also another one is running a GTX 660 with a Core i3-2120, it is a good CPU but I think a Core i5-2500K would do it justice :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I sticked my hand into my case to check the RAM's heat...  :mellow:

sry

I've done that before, so long as you don't touch any traces I can't see it being an issue though if the sticks don't have a heat spreader then yea, wouldn't be recommended (not like it is recommended anyway).

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I have a legitimate reason for this; why buy a crappy 128kbps mp3 from iTunes when I can just grab a beautiful 320kbps .mp3 from Youtube, or a lossless .m4a? 

Erm, You do realise the standard minimum format iTunes use is 256kbps AAC files right? Just thought I would say

they are quite decent

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Recently:

Bought a Mechanical Keyboard instead of an SSD. Im going to Tech-Hell arent i?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

i tried to change my win 7 start screen on my laptop and had to use start up repair

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I'll apologize when the NSA apologizes.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I bought a Corsair H60

for a I5 2400.

:/