Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

Have you suffered a recent blow to the head?

no, it was because game dev always make the same god damn thing over and over again, more alliens, more medieval, more 4 elemental magic.

but that was history , now I am full PC gamer mainly MMORPG where soloing and competing with cash players are even more fun in F2P than games I used to know. ANd I also enjoy racing. right now I am saving to get K90 RGB 

I didn't stop my mom from unplugging the desktop during the partition process. The whole OS was done for.

I use the cooler that came with the cpu. Its really not that bad once you undervolt your cpu

I started with a plan to buy my rig piece by piece over a few months. After the case and mobo I realized the risk of doa was not smart. Thankfully my mobo has a hefty warranty.

I dumped ~$500 into my Probook 4530s for 1080p and SSD upgrade along with fixing broken hinges (twice!).

I bought a first generation product from Asus, the T100,it is being RMAed as I TYPE.

I bought a PS4 and Vita.

i have a 4530s too! Too bad its half broken

When i got my first pc, It with a gateway something or other with a 3.0ghz p4 (socket 775) and a couple gigs of  DDR2 ( still have the p4 and still works.) I got curious one day and took the CPU cooler off and took out the cpu and i wondered what the gunk was and wiped a bunch of it off, thats not the worst part.. I messed up a bunch of the pins on the motherboard with my finger. I was around 10 or 11 and when it didn't post i knew it was done. Funny thing is i had my older brother look at it later and took the CPU and said it was due to the pins being bent. I didn't tell him i was inside the case tinkering around but i think he knew. Shorty after i got a new ECS mobo and some ram and i rebuilt it WITH thermal paste and it posted first time IIRC. I will never do that again. (knocks on wood) 

I replaced the mobo with this or something very similar http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135232

Another time was a few years ago (15/16) when i was fixing my rrod xbox 360 with the oven trick. It worked for a few months and i eventually wanted to clean it all and replace the thermal paste.. When i was taking the heatsink off the CPU the tool i was using slipped and jabbed the board and messed up some traces from the CPU or GPU...  I knew it was broke and i got it put back together and it didn't work anymore. The xbox 360 uses x clamps on the heat sink for the gpu and cpu, Heres a pic of the back of the 360 motherboard. http://bit.ly/1uC8Iq2

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I used to recommend asus, never ever will i do that again

Why ? I've never had a bad experience with an Asus product.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

I got an extreme edition that isn't overclocked and it's cooled by an H100i...

Also I'd like to watercool my entire system but only because it looks nice because I never plan to overclock since it takes too much time...

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

i have a 4530s too! Too bad its half broken

Ya I've repaired mine a few times. The best thing I bought for it was a non working one from eBay as a parts source. Much cheaper than buying replacement hinges from manufacturer for example.

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

I am saving off buying a GPU until school is over/I have money, so in the mean time I am using a 630 that was in my old small form factor PC.

To add to that, I couldn't find my full height bracket for the card so I just bent the old one to make it fit.

Desktop-CPU: i7 4790k   GPU: ASUS GTX 970   MOBO: Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 mATX   RAM: 16GB 1600MHz Cucial Ballistix   Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB & 840 128GB + 3X WD Blue 1TB   Cooling: Corsair H105   Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Peripherals- Keyboard: Leopold FC660M   Mouse: Logitech G502   Headphones: ATH M50s   Mic: Blue Snowball  Monitors: Dell UP2414Q 4K  Laptop: Dell Inspiron 13 256GB SSD  Other: Moto X, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Player

I participated in a contest to win a Xbox 360.

Sorry

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

whenever I recover data on a person's computer when the computer is dead(motherboard, CPU, etc) and not worth fixing, I "forget" to reinstall their HDD if they ask for the computer back. then I perform a DOD secure erase(10x full overwrite) and set it on the shelf. their data is safe and a good HDD is not wasted.

I guess the redeeming bit is that I don't charge for the hard drive if I install it in another person's machine when their drive dies.

I'm using an intel core 2 duo 1.86ghz with 2gb ddr2. yeah, come at me

When wiring a charger I looked up which was the + and which was the - on an AC signal because it wasn't on the PCB  :ph34r:

I wiped my old HDD by accident when I installed my SSD.

My cable management looks like the devil's anus.

I dropped my PC off my desk while it was on...

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

I call nvidia nuhvidia

I bought an i5 4430 for gaming

Up until two months ago I thought the only plus side of a ssd was no moving parts

Up until 3 years ago I thought apple was superior to all... please dont smite me... but now I dont own a single apple product except for a 4th gen ipod touch that I havent touched for 6 months.

I use adblock

I pirated stardock fences, all my music, most of the movies I have watched, and a few games.

I will post more after I have thought of more sins

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

I have no idea how to embed video's into a post here... :(

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have no idea how to embed video's into a post here... :(

I believe it's the same as posting a link, they're supposed to embed themselves.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

You gotta shoot RAW. Who are you, Ken Rockwell?

whoopdy doo... I shoot raw now

giantmiddlefinger.jpg 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I will start first. I had a 1200 budget for my PC and................. I DID NOT BUY AN SSD...    Im such a disgrace.

Sorry. Tech People.

i done the exact same thing  :D

I filled an RMA request with Mushkin thinking my ram kit was being dumb since one stick was causing error 55. I've fixed the issue by clearing cmos and starting from scratch, should have done this first. :l

I did not have a SSD until I ripped the one out of my laptop 2 weeks ago.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz