Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

Could have a PC build by now but I spent over $2,000 on guitar equipment... 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I bought two of the same ssd, and I didn't RAID zero...

for two months i had a $400 GPU with a 2003 Asus 1600x900 monitor...

CPU: i5-3570k @4.6Ghz MOBO: Asus Sabertooth P67 GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Superclocked Reference @1.5Ghz Core, 8Ghz Memory

RAM: Crucial Ballistix tactical tracer 8GB  PSU: Cooler Master V700 Fully Modular CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i Water Cooler

CASE: Corsair Graphite 760T STORAGE: Two 240 GB Crucial M500 SSD RAID 0 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB cache 7200RPM 

That's not a crime!

If you like your music the what the hell

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I could have $2000 of guitar equipment but I built a PC. I'm dead serious.

I could have $2000 of guitar equipment but I built a PC. I'm dead serious.

That's not a crime!

If you like your music the what the hell

I guess not, I love music a little bit more than PCs... no offense to tech heads haha

However, music recording needs good tech, I need a good PC anyways.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I guess not, I love music a little bit more than PCs... no offense to tech heads haha

However, music recording needs good tech, I need a good PC anyways.

That's how I justify having my PC. But every time I look at it, I see held up money. Lol.

That's how I justify having my PC. But every time I look at it, I see held up money. Lol.

If you use your PC for music then it becomes part of the equipment I guess lol I still need a better 7 or 8 strings guitar... everything at its time. And now it's time for a PC. :)

I used to be an apple fanboy :( but now I am an anti-apple fanboy ;).

Life.exe is missing

I plea objectivity, yet secrete fanboy. At least I only let my fanboyism interfere with my own stuff and not my recommendations and public opinions. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Pirated Windows 7
Bought a GT 210
Tried to upgrade an old(circa 2005) pre-built Acer desktop with the previously mentioned GT 210
Tried running minecraft on a school PC (Dell PCs from 2000 or earlier)
Play games when i'm below minimum spec(I can play Just Cause and ArmA 1 until a new part of the map loads, then FPS drops from hell)
Started to piece by piece by components for a PC(now planned to be local minecraft server build)
waited(ing) for warranty to run out to jailbreak iPod 5
Mismatched RAM

that's all i can think of...

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

I fucked up my system again and again and it mostly survived!

1.I left the roof window open and went outside with friends. clouds came and it began to rain the still running pc witch stood under the open window got flooded and still ran when i came home. there were 2cm of water on the bottom of the case.. it wasn't full because it was vented...

2. i spilled so much coolant while working on the loop that the id-number of my gfx card is now unreadable.

3. i opened my psu to change the fan. when testing the fan i touched the psu and got shocked.

then i touched it again.

3.1 i dropped something in my psu and it exploded. smoke and a little flash came out.... and i used it for 2 more months until:

4 my raped motherboard was treated so bad, it made my cpu run extremely warm. when i wanted to check the cooler i bent two pins..

I wanted to straighten them together with my friends but we were drunk so i dropped a flashlight on the socket and bent 5 more pins...

5. I ran my 2500k on 4,7 @ 1,45v for 1 1/2 years...

6 i totaled my xonar dgx when i plugged a few fans into a diy fansplitter on my fancontroller and shorted my system...

I AM VERY SORRY FOR EVERYTHING I'VE DONE!! I SWEAR I WON'T DO IT AGAIN ( i bought a new setup because i couldn't live with the named points^^ )  

ummmm wow

1) Pirating every piece of software imaginable

2) PLUGGING CPU POWER IN WHEN SYSTEM WAS STILL RUNNING, my mobo didnt short out so it was okay

3) Allowing my father to help me mount my h100i where he then dropped a bigass screw on my mobo

4) deciding thAT THE LAST UPGRADE IM GOING TO MAKE IS AND SSD

IM SORRY all for I have failed as a techy :( I still need to upgrade to an SSD

Accidentally ordered a Blue-colored ram kit for my reb-black theme build. Fuuuuuu.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Figured out that I overspent and didn't shop around enough when building my first rig. Oh and I neglected to research the HDD I bought, and just out of warranty it began to fail. And to top it all off, I had an ~$800 budget, then forgot to add in an SSD.

I have a 2600k and it's running at stock, i also have a ridiculous amount of games in my Steam/Origin libraries that I have never played.

I have a 2600k and it's running at stock, i also have a ridiculous amount of games in my Steam/Origin libraries that I have never played.

You're not alone. I too have a lot of games yet to be played, and I also run my own rig's 2600K at stock, as I don't need the extra performance (yet) provided by OCing. Also other reason being the stock cooler...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I used to steal games all the time for years and thought nothing of it until I had kids.  Pretty sad it took that for me to stop downloading games from torrent sites and more.  I am sorry for doing that.

I also have to admit I used pirated operating systems though so I guess I am not setting the best example for my kids.  Sorry MS but $100+ for an OS is idiotic and I won't pay it and I am not sorry for using warez operating system.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

^ this

I pirated far cry 3.

and adobe suite.

and microsoft office.

and windows 8.

ive pirated everything on my PC including windows xp vista 7 and 8

adobe master collection 10 times

and many games and software

I OWN EVERYTHING

posibility that i am lying

I can't wait to pirate some of EA games.I'm looking at you Sims 4. Paying 500$ on DLC and even worst buying all over again pets,seasons etc. that i already had in sims2,sims3 is bs. After 10 years they still can't put it in the core game.

no SSD. (hides in a corner)

^^^^^All of the above^^^^^ im very sorry world!

Not caring about overheating, locking, and crashing my computer knowing it's my CPU and motherboard, but having the CPU overheat. CPU intensive game go! Core 0 72C Core 1 75C.... Core 0 75C Core 1 78C.... Core 0 77 Core 1 79... 80. Instant crash.

And no SSD, please don't hurt me. I'm happy with my thirty second boot time on this low-costing Seagate Barracuda.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

^^^^^All of the above^^^^^ im very sorry world!

I've had my pc for over a year now. And i still haven't upgraded. I guess i should apologize for that too  :P

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I didnt read through the Java installer and now I have every plugin under the sun

ninite.com my friend 

I've had my pc for over a year now. And i still haven't upgraded. I guess i should apologize for that too  :P

Hahah, ive had mine juts over 2, currently going thru a gradual upgrade process to z97 from 990fx, it does include a SSD! just one tho for now!

I fried a mobo by plugging a front usb in the wrong spot.