Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I was once an Apple Fanboy, then Intel Nvidia Fanboy. I repent. However now I believe in the PC Master Race and zero brand loyalty. 

On a side note: lol this is like a church confession. Still love that macbook pro retina laptop though.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I got a Logitech Illuminated wired keyboard for gaming. W+Shift+SPACEBAR is locked by Logitech. Now I use a MX3200 from Logitech that I had before.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Preordered 4 nf-f12 industrialppc 3000 rpm pwm noctua fans.

Worth it

Space is pretty awesome.

I wasted money changing my PC case way to many times in 2 years.

Azza Hurricane 2000 > NZXT Tempest Evo > Cooler Master HAF XB > Thermaltake Armor a30i > Bitfenix prodigy M

P.S.I still don't have a quad core cpu yet

I recommended asrock to a classmate *evil laughter*

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

I use ..... VGA

I do all of my gaming on a $700 laptop.

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

I once bought an Apple product. I know... i should be in prison.  :D

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

I used to recommend asus, never ever will i do that again

After having my M5a99x evo defect, and then proceeding to RMA it only to get the same board back with the same problem, I'm going to have to second your opinion. Perhaps their ROG sku's are still awesome, but I'm quite displeased so far with the RMA/Return...

I am whatever I am. 

I wasted money changing my PC case way to many times in 2 years.

Azza Hurricane 2000 > NZXT Tempest Evo > Cooler Master HAF XB > Thermaltake Armor a30i > Bitfenix prodigy M

P.S.I still don't have a quad core cpu yet

I went through this but with worse cases.

Garbage Raidmax > Slightly less garbage cheaply made Rosewill > CM Storm Enforcer > Fractal Design R4 (which I decided I'll never change).

I consistently chose changing my case over buying an SSD

My biggest crime is putting together my computer on carpet in a desert with 5% humidity. I saw sparks on the motherboard when I was moving it around and it's a miracle that it works.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I just bought a FX-6300 and used its stock fan

im using 720P monitors

i still dont have a SSD

I still only have 2 fans (excluding the GPU) in my entire case

.... do i win?

I still use old Chicony membrane keyboard. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :D

kb_0108_bl_b.gif

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

To stay on topic: I'm using a unlicensed copy of Windows 7 Professional. I bought it as Dell OEM copy, it came with the activation code and I tried to activate it after the 30-day ''trial''. Needless to say, it didn't work, and I basically lost 70€. I should've activated it earlier...

Wait, is that a crime you should be apologizing for?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Wait, is that a crime you should be apologizing for?

Yes. It's a tech crime of stupidity. By that I mean not activating the Windows licence within 30 days from buying it (the licence expires after 30 days if not used, mind you)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I still use old Chicony membrane keyboard. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :D

kb_0108_bl_b.gif

If its stupid but it works, it aint stupid

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Yes. It's a tech crime of stupidity. By that I mean not activating the Windows licence within 30 days from buying it (the licence expires after 30 days if not used, mind you)

Oh, I thought you were apologizing for getting it to work the other way. My bad :D

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Oh, I thought you were apologizing for getting it to work the other way. My bad :D

That may become the second crime. I'm not saying I'll do it, but I may consider it...

Sucks to spend 70€ for basically an installation disk without licence, even though it was my fault.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

On my second PC build, I tried to turn it on for the first time after completing the build (I did not test the parts before I installed them) and it would not turn on.

When checking why, it was because I put the HD audio cable to the motherboard USB front header. It took me a week to figure that out.

I also used a laptop 2.5" HDD as the main drive to save costs......the drive was 80GB and this was 3 years ago.

Yep just leave me and my shame for now.

I have have a 10 year old,

15 inch white monitor,

With 30ms response time,

As a second screen.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I haven't upgraded in a good few years.

I'm stuck on an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T which isn't too bad, but with the amaze balls tech in intel CPUs these days.

I don't feel bad... I'm just a little frustrated. All I need is time... and lots of money.

So... mostly, time.

Ok so this isn't really a crime, so... I use a mini Mac (late 2009) on my bedside table... oo-er!

Edit: Actually after visiting the forum for a bit I came up with a real shocker!

I love Windows 8 and I love my surface pro. Bam!

The point is, if I could, I'd upgrade my main PC to windy 8 in a heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...

I care more about Aesthetics half the time than price to performance. I suppose that's why I got a Macbook Pro Retina instead of upgrading my PC.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Well this isn't in the spirit of this thread but I had a class in a particularly ghetto wing of my university. University Wifi didn't reach that far and I couldn't tether to my phone because for some reason the network was awful even though we were in Montreal and not even in a basement. However, it was right next to a kindergarten. Their Wifi was WEP encrypted so I fired up Backtrack 3 on Vmware and some scripts (aircrack-ng) and found their password.* I then shared my work with a few classmates.

Stole the internet from children for 15 glorious weeks.

*: I know I'm not a hacker! I looked at a youtube video, bought a $8 WG111v3 from Netgear and now I'm a freaking vigilante. Don't worry, we didn't blow anyone's bandwidth limits with light browsing.

Also there's a rattling fan in my PC and instead of removing it or replacing it I just disconnected it and left it there. But I won't apologize. Frick the police.

I used DVI to VGA for a while, because I couldn't afford a DVI cable

Bought a 1Tb HDD and found out I use almost no space, so removed and it currently only use my 250Gb 840 Evo.

Have been using my AX760 with terrible coil whine for about 6 months.

Been using a crappy membrane keyboard for 5 years or more.

Not happy with the SP120 Performance Editions I used on my H100i, so I reinstalled the stock intel while I wait for Amazon to stock industrial Noctua NF-F12's.

Chose Gigabyte Z87 motherboard for $212NZ with a brown PCB.

Bought some crappy Corsair AP120's and SP120's.

My old prebuilt >$3000NZ system came in a budget CM case I can't even identify.

It had a single GTX285 and a non-modular 850W PSU, because I apparently assumed more Watts = better. Cable management is non-existent in this case, and there are so many goddamn cables.

Used stock intel cooler for 5 years or so.

Didn't properly clean the dust out for years. Absolutely caked. Thermal paste was all around the edges of the GPU die, not on it.

Got an expensive blu-ray drive but never used blu-rays.