NOT an Anime Club

TheProfosist

As the title says this is not an anime club. You all can decide what it is for yourself. I plan to post random mostly anime related stuff here. Much of it may be off stuff I post to Twitter but their really just talking points. I would gladly get into some lengthy discussions about anime related text and links here that tend to get buried elsewhere. Regular banter should preferably be kept out if at all possible. This thread does not need to be super active. I'll post every other day or so.

Let me know what you think this thread should be about. If you find or run into something interesting about anime or while watching anime feel free to share.

Examples of some of the stuff to come soon.

So, it's not an anime club, it's a club to post anime?

Anime related things, not anime itself. There is already a thread for that which has polls and as well as a weekly anime to watch and discuss.

DEMI LOVATO ANIME!!!

chibi_demi_lovato_by_annalee_sama-d5vwet

OH MY GOD SO KAWAII lols I had too

So basically this is an anime club, but NOT an anime club.

Yep go take a look at the anime club. It's not that and wont be that. May end up being my soapbox on a number of occasions thought. I've been looking for a good sturdy one.

DEMI LOVATO ANIME!!!

chibi_demi_lovato_by_annalee_sama-d5vwet

OH MY GOD SO KAWAII lols I had too

Ill gladly as for this to be taken down if it ends up being meme heaven. You already have a thread for that here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/140001-anime-club-heaven-society

I... Would just use the anime club for anything anime-related.

And please continue to do so as like I said it's not an anime club.

ヽ(゚ー゚*ヽ)ヽ(*゚ー゚*)ノ(ノ*゚ー゚)ノ

"Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm weak

Maybe I'm blinded by what I see"

- Angel | Theory Of A Deadman

@TheProfosist : Let's talk about .... EVERYTHING ! 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Heres another from today to follow shortly to get things started.

I just received my new custom AiAiAi TMA-2's today and I was planning to burn them in over night. I went and just selected the longest playlist currently up. This just happened to be the discography of The Pillows.

Something caught me and I popped on the headphones and just sat listening. I'm actually still listening now. I don't know why but it just felt right. It's been some time that ive listened to them to this extent but I'm remembering why I did in the past now.

Have any of you really gotten into an artist that you have found through an anime that has expanded beyond their OP/Ed for one reason or another? For me this has expanded into what I mainly listen now.

https://twitter.com/TheProfosist/status/624497690685083648

I started listening to the band Scandal because of anime

here is a bleach opening song they did

I started listening to the band Scandal because of anime

here is a bleach opening song they did

Since you like them you should really check out Loups=Garous http://goo.gl/3xShj8 its actually whjat turned me on to scandal myself.

On another note I did Get to see them live at ACEN in may. Was quite fun they put on a good performance.

On a side not didnt I manage to hook you up with some of their stuff? Ans damn they look a hell of a lot younger in that video than they do now in person!

alternative rustic lifestyles

cyzLbDQ.jpg

Hey now that best be solar or wind powered.

Heres another from today to follow shortly to get things started.

I just received my new custom AiAiAi TMA-2's today and I was planning to burn them in over night. I went and just selected the longest playlist currently up. This just happened to be the discography of The Pillows.

Something caught me and I popped on the headphones and just sat listening. I'm actually still listening now. I don't know why but it just felt right. It's been some time that ive listened to them to this extent but I'm remembering why I did in the past now.

Have any of you really gotten into an artist that you have found through an anime that has expanded beyond their OP/Ed for one reason or another? For me this has expanded into what I mainly listen now. https://twitter.com/TheProfosist/status/624497690685083648

I have gotten into egoist and supercell because of guilty crown. Supercell didn't actually make any anime OP/Ed I know of, but I found them because the songwriter of Egoist is also the songwriter of Supercell.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Maximum the Hormone is a multi-genre band who gets hired to do anime themes and endings.

Thats something I can understand but like I wouldnt and couldnt listen to them as a band then if you know what I mean. I, at least personally, look for ones that are bands first and just might get a song chosen for a OP/ED.

Actually I ran info something. One year when I was at ACEN Flow was there and they insisted to just play their songs that had been OD's and ED's. Also the only album they brought to sell was one that was a compilation of them. Im like I can take you seriouly when your just trying to bank on that and didnt even finish watching that concert. The thing I remembered them most for anime wise was the original opening they did for Eureka Seven.

I have gotten into egoist and supercell because of guilty crown. Supercell didn't actually make any anime OP/Ed I know of, but I found them because the songwriter of Egoist is also the songwriter of Supercell.

Something like this has happened to me on a number of occasions and has significantly broadened the number of Japanese artists I listen to.

They were a band first with their own fame.  But, since they are so big in Japan from metal fests usually headlined by Marty Friedman and Loudness they ended up getting picked from that by a scout for a studio.

interesting...

I dont know if any of you that live in the US buy anime from Robert's Anime Corner Store. Either way even if you don't I highly suggest you subscribe to his newsletter as it has a bunch of cool and useful stuff.

This was was in this weeks and I got a kick out of it.

Hideaki Anno (of Neon Genesis Evangelion fame) backed off his comments from a couple of months ago saying that "the anime industry would soon collapse" by stating at a recent event:

"I didn't mean to say it would collapse, I did say it would become more difficult, but I didn't mean to say anything more. Anime is certainly seeing harsher conditions, but it is not without its prospects. It can still do a lot more and is not in downright turmoil."

Anno tends to forget to take his meds from time to time, but he did go on to say:

"It's often said that making anime is cheap... but even so, collecting money is an issue."

Glad to see someone in Japan finally noticed that! HEH. -_^

*Tweet to come soon??*

I dont know if any of you that live in the US buy anime from Robert's Anime Corner Store. Either way even if you don't I highly suggest you subscribe to his newsletter as it has a bunch of cool and useful stuff.

oh that site that looks like it is stuck in the 90s?

oh that site that looks like it is stuck in the 90s?

those sites are the best because you know you'll probably be able to find the sketchier and hard to find stuff there

Error: 410