Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atmos

GPUBoss, let's see just how bad it is!

Posted · Original PosterOP

Considered putting this int he general discussion when i was drafting the idea for it, as kind of a "avoid this site" and informational and all... but it came out so poorly, and I just couldn't be professional about it after researching for more than 20 minutes. So... yea xD

Alrighy fellas... Let me just preface this by saying,

This site is already known to straight out lie about results of performance charts, and is known to actively falsify comparisons on their graphs. This thread I'm creating for the soul purpose of just showing why NOT to rely on anything you see out of them. The reason I was lead to see just how bad they are, was after a mate asked for my opinion of the site. 

Alright, back to the fun.

First off, let's examine their Crysis 3 benchmarking results.

Spoiler

WvsS6Nf.png

Oh... oh god... The 280X has the best performance of all gpus in crysis 3 at ultra? it gets 91 fps on ultra at 1080p????????????????

Ok, maybe their just comparing it to like, other mid-ranged cards, that fps seems a little high, but what ever, lets give them a chance!

Spoiler

NfD2mpn.png

NOPE, according to gpuboss a gtx 760 gets a higher fps in crysis 3 on ultra 1080p than a 680, a 970, and a 980... Oh... oh man, this is starting out badly. I'm just going to throw this whole section away, let's ignore their benchmarks and get to their main feature, active performance comparisons :D

Spoiler

bDc3Qh9.png

WMSNyZ9.png

Oh... ohhh man... this is bad, I thought it would get better, but dear lord no... they're prices for the nvidia card are spot on, but that 295 price is almost 40% over their actual price in my region... Wow, good job?

Let's take a look at the scores they gave for their comprehensive testing, perhaps that will show whats missing.

Spoiler

c9Zg08N.png

SgBewpo.png

Oh, ok... The 970 performs better... in every test? That... that's not right >.>

What about their spreadsheets, are those at least correct?!

Well, the technical specifications are, but... oh man, their little side-notes are a joke, like this one rriiiiiiiiight here.

Spoiler

8JtouIM.png

jXe9QJs.png

Ok, perhaps that's not fair, maybe they're incapable of testing a dual graphics card's cores at the same time, and could only test one of em in benchmarks, not sure why they wouldn't be able to, but lets give them the benefit of the doubt and compare a card, that literally everyone knows is better than a 960. Let's compare a 290X to a 960, and see what they say. :D

This is your chance GPUboss, redeem yourself!

Spoiler

3lkNhgO.png

Wait, they don't have GAMING PERFORMANCE FOR EITHER OF THESE CARDS??? Ok, ok, at least they can show that the 290X beats the 960 in every performance comparison, that's fair. Wa-wait, where the "Winner!" box that we saw on the last comparison?? 

OH-There it i... Wait... What?

Spoiler

zLtNFVh.png

THEY ASK YOU TO VOTE ON WHICH YOU THINK IS BETTER, BUT HOLY CRAP, THIS IS TOO CLOSE TO CALL?????????? Almost 5x the people voted for the 290X, and the performance benchmarks were ALL solidly in favor of the 290X why would that EVER be too close to call????????

Spoiler

e8px7Ni.png

What am I missing, where have they gone wrong!

Spoiler

EPUxUWm.png

DJo8vX4.png

WHAT?! THE 960 DOES BETTER IN THE 3DM 11 BENCHMARK? NO I CALL BULLSHIT

Ok, give me a minute here, let me just check on something, this seems too convenient a situation.

Spoiler

2olamef.png

Other images lost, damn you 2 years and 5+ reinstalls of windows.

When an AMD card solidly beats out a nvidia card the vast majority of the time they call it "too close to call" and that's if they even put in a comparison, a large amount of the time THEY DONT EVEN SHOW THAT BIT.

No... this rabbit hole was too deep. Im out... I gotta just not look at the internet for a while after that, it left a really bad taste in my mouth...

Feel free to look into how bad it is yourself...

http://gpuboss.com/

Updated Build 2019 | 4790K @4.7ghz | EVGA FTW 1080 | 16gb 1866mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengance | Asus z97a | Case: be Quite Base 800 | Acer k272hul | Sennheiser 558 + MXL 770 + Soundblaster K3+

good job:)

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

GPU/CPU/whatever boss is the cancer of the internet.

Main PC: sleeper OptiPlex 7010 on profile

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

On 2/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, campy said:

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

nothing sexual, she just doesnt want the nerd dust on her clothes 

Can i put this in my signiture?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Can i put this in my signiture?

Lol go for it xD

Updated Build 2019 | 4790K @4.7ghz | EVGA FTW 1080 | 16gb 1866mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengance | Asus z97a | Case: be Quite Base 800 | Acer k272hul | Sennheiser 558 + MXL 770 + Soundblaster K3+

Always trust GPUboss!

Best website 2015!

GOTY!

11/10!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I use it mainly to get raw stats like TDP, frequencies, etc.

As I said, their spreadsheets and specs seem right, except for their hilarious side-notes, like the whole 

"Approximately 50% of all graphics cards have dual gpus"

Fun fact. The stuff shown for the 295x2 is actually just a regular 290x. Themoreyouknow.

tumblr_inline_nuyb1eZwyg1t6g1zz_540.jpg

Dutch Talk Thread

Unofficial LMG Social Media Accounts Website

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-4790K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 U3+ RAM: 4x4 GB DDR3 1600MHz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Ti 8G Case: Corsair 230T Windowed Orange SSD: Crucial BX100 250 Gb PSU: Cooler Master G450M HDD: WD 1 TB Generic

Laptops: Macbook Air 2012 11" baseline (i5-3317U @ 1.7 Ghz) upgraded with a Samsung 850 evo 250 GB SSD

HP Zbook Studio G5 (i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz, Samsung PM981 512 GB, Nvidia Quadro P1000)