[Mini-News] Apple Giving Away Solo2 to Students Who Buy a Mac

Suika

Yeah, I can definitely say that is one very annoying thin about many Apple users. Years ago I bought an XPS 15 and 9 out of 10 people asked why I didn't get a Mac while the one remaining person asked what gpu it had/what games I play. And most of those people who asked why I didn't get a Mac (implying they're always better) never could give me any answer other than "It's a Mac, it's better". 

Now, there are two reasons most of those people will think a Mac is superior. Either they've had a better experience with their Macs then the alternatives, or because they just fell into good marketing/good word of mouth from other people. 

Please tell me those people aren't majoring in STEM, especially EE / CompE and CS. A little part of me dies everytime I see a CS student with macbook.

Please tell me those people aren't majoring in STEM, especially EE / CompE and CS. A little part of me dies everytime I see a CS student with macbook.

Most cs students don't know squat about hardware.

Source: I'm a cs student (with a rmbp:P) and most people I know are just clueless about hardware.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Source: I'm a cs student (with a rmbp:P) and most people I know are just clueless about hardware.

If doing creative stuff the Rmbp has an ideal screen...I don't do creative stuff and love it

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

At my uni there is a pretty big contrast between the networking students and the code monkey students.

We on the networking side are like 30% GNU/Linux users, 65% Windows users and then there is that one guy with his Macbook.

On the programming side there are plenty of people with Macbooks.

If doing creative stuff the Rmbp has an ideal screen...I don't do creative stuff and love it

The thing about "creative stuff" is that you usually want a lot more than just 13" or 15" screens so you will end up plugging in an external monitor anyway, and once you do that the screen on the laptop doesn't really matter.

The thing about "creative stuff" is that you usually want a lot more than just 13" or 15" screens so you will end up plugging in an external monitor anyway, and once you do that the screen on the laptop doesn't really matter.

I know a working pro who used cs stuff at clients offices when not plugged in and doesn't have that luxury of an external screen all the time. Also it's weaker gpu improves battery life making it more practical in under heavy loads on battery. A gaming gpu would have made a worthless product to him due to battery life loss from it

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

At least you have a proper desktop, I'll let it slide. Still boggles me how people learn to code and don't know shit about hardware. I have a friend who's a senior now and asked me if you can change ram on a laptop and how to do it.  :mellow:

At my uni there is a pretty big contrast between the networking students and the code monkey students.

We on the networking side are like 30% GNU/Linux users, 65% Windows users and then there is that one guy with his Macbook.

On the programming side there are plenty of people with Macbooks.

65% windows as in like macbook running windows?

Not if its the mutated (less ports, no keyboard dock with secondary battery etc) Asus transformer prime clone called the Macbook.

I obviously meant a good deal for a macbook. There's always a better choice than a macbook, IMHO.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

At least you have a proper desktop, I'll let it slide. Still boggles me how people learn to code and don't know shit about hardware. I have a friend who's a senior now and asked me if you can change ram on a laptop and how to do it.  :mellow:

Yeah....I really don't understand how cs majors know barely anything about computers....although it does help to explain why programmers often code/optimize the way they do :P

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

No I mean I have seen 1 person using a Macbook when you take all my courses and combine them. The rest have been Asus, Lenovo, Acer and HP running GNU/Linux and/or Windows.

It's pretty funny to see the big contrast between different groups of students.

Why? Nothing wrong with Macbooks in Computer science. 

Yeah....I really don't understand how cs majors know barely anything about computers....although it does help to explain why programmers often code/optimize the way they do :P

Yeah and everybody blames the hardware. "THE HARDWARE'S TOO SLOW!!!" Look at DX12 and imagine all those unoptimization that was left for years.

Why? Nothing wrong with Macbooks in Computer science. 

Nothing wrong with macbooks in art major. Plenty wrong when 50%+ of the CS students use macbook. Whine about expensive tuition fees and loans, buy an overpriced notebook when you could've saved $500-700 

1. You can use iCloud, dropbox or anything else to backup your data.

2. It's not just about boot time when using SSDs ( and your pervious statement is so freaking ignorant if you actually think SSDs just matter for boot times )

1.I don't like cloud system cause I must be connected to use them and that I don't always have wifi but I always want to have access to my date

2.stop assuming people are ignorant I just said that I can't wait 2 min for my laptop to power on I was not making a list of all the reason why a ssd is better 

1.I don't like cloud system cause I must be connected to use them and that I don't always have wifi but I always want to have access to my date

2.stop assuming people are ignorant I just said that I can't wait 2 min for my laptop to power on I was not making a list of all the reason why a ssd is better

Fair enough, I apologize.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Buy the Mac, sell the beats, buy 100 chocolate bars

I use 5,000$ worth of camera equipment to take pictures of my cats

HATE HATE HATE HATE APPLE is shit Samsung beter Android good hate Apple shit Apple shit

So sales are so crap on Solo2 that they're trying to get rid of them by bundling them?

No surprise there

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

HATE HATE HATE HATE APPLE is shit Samsung beter Android good hate Apple shit Apple shit

Congrats, you must have a really fun life. 

So sales are so crap on Solo2 that they're trying to get rid of them by bundling them?

No surprise there

Or they're trying to clear stock for a new model -- that's always been Apple's intention with these end-of-summer bundles in the past. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler