Can Fiio E07K work as both an AMP and a DAC for Ipod Classic?

crystal6tak
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

There is no way to connect a DAC to early gen Apple products. You can bypass the internal amp using the L9 adapter, but that's the best you can do.

Yes you can, the cable connect to the dock of the iPod and bypassed its dac.

No, the L9 cable outputs a line out signal, not a digital connection.

I've been searching around and can't seem to find a proper answer. Using, for example, an Fiio L9 cable, can it do that? Read up other forums, some say it only works as an AMP, some says it works as both. So anyone here know the answer for sure?

I've been searching around and can't seem to find a proper answer. Using, for example, an Fiio L9 cable, can it do that? Read up other forums, some say it only works as an AMP, some says it works as both. So anyone here know the answer for sure?

There is no way to connect a DAC to early gen Apple products. You can bypass the internal amp using the L9 adapter, but that's the best you can do.

This is correct, I didn't look at it carefully. Though there are other amp/dac combo with digital connections.

Such as:

DAC/Amp: Fostex HP-P1, Centrance HIFI-M8, V-Moda Vamp Verza, VentureCraft Go-Dap X, VentureCraft Go-Dap TT, VentureCraft SounDroid Typhoon, ADL X1, Sony PHA-1

DAC: CLAS, VentureCraft Go-Dap DD Socket 1 (LE)

I see... That's unfortunate. Guess I won't be able to use my E07K portably then. Anyways. Thank you!

• 4 years later...

Hi, I have a more specific follow-up question. Will any of the dacs listed by iShad work with the Ipod Video Gen 5.5? By work, I mean bypass the native Wolfson dac. Several of them only list compatibility with Gen 6 (2009) like the ADL X1 and VentureCraft SounDroid Typhoon.