Your most bittersweet tech moments?

STRMfrmXMN

So today I got a call from my dad that I would be getting a smartphone. FINALLY I get a phone that has an actual web browser! What phone was it? I would have loved an LG G4 or Droid Turbo but those are expensive and honestly I would take anything. I was still happy even when he said "We got you an iPhone 5S." Now I do prefer Android but I have wanted a real phone forever so it's not drastic. I just wish I could've gotten an Android phone. No biggie though, first world problems in the extreme and I'm sure I'll enjoy getting to know iOS.

What was your most bittersweet moment in tech? A cheap 3rd-party controller from your parents for Christmas that you had to cringe-smile through unboxing? Was it giving away an old system that caused you problems that you loved so much?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Mine was when I was about 5/6, we had a Nintendo 64 but for some reason my Dad would only let us use it like once every few months, I loved playing on it so much but we only got to use it for a day until it was back up in the loft until next time. It was the same with a Sega Megadrive too. Was so glad when we got a PS2 that I could play non-stop

Another one I just thought of is the time I got a nice new, shiny laptop. I got home and played around with it for a bit, andddd a wild blue screen appeared. I was about 13 at this point, pre-computer knowledge years. So I had no idea what I was doing, I googled it but in the end I just took it back to the shop. Was disappointing to say the least

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Still waiting for th day I ask my mom for a PC part and they get me the wrong one or they say " We just got you a console " since I use my father in laws ps4 until I get the $1800 for my dream PC.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

So today I got a call from my dad that I would be getting a smartphone. FINALLY I get a phone that has an actual web browser! What phone was it? I would have loved an LG G4 or Droid Turbo but those are expensive and honestly I would take anything. I was still happy even when he said "We got you an iPhone 5S." Now I do prefer Android but I have wanted a real phone forever so it's not drastic. I just wish I could've gotten an Android phone. No biggie though, first world problems in the extreme and I'm sure I'll enjoy getting to know iOS.

What was your most bittersweet moment in tech? A cheap 3rd-party controller from your parents for Christmas that you had to cringe-smile through unboxing? Was it giving away an old system that caused you problems that you loved so much?

The day i saw "Welcome" and that blue screen when i turned my computer on...yeah...Windows...yuck

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Probably when my Kindle battery finally started to die. I have the last model produced that had actual tactile buttons to change page (but not the full keypad) and I can't stand the idea of getting a touchscreen. The visceral feeling of pressing the button is an admittedly poor substitute for an actual book, but I have grown to love that device after using continuously for the last 4-5 years. Knowing that our time is limited and that with each charge the end grows closer cuts deep into the very fabric of my soul and calls forth a torrent of anguish and despair that no mere replacement Kindle could fill. Goodbye my old friend, and fair travels.

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Well i think my moment wasn't even my fault, and i'm still stuck with it.

So, back when haswell was just released, i got a nice 4670k with a blue/black msi board. Because the rest of my system was also blue/black

After 3 months, i got a H100i and a second 6950, already had one, and i really wanted a second one because i wanted to go crossfire, i had the cpu power, more gpu was all i needed.

So, installed the cooler and the gpu, and it worked! But with installing the GPU i accidentally scratched the motherboard, result: audio died.

My motherboard broken, i decided to get it out of my rig and bring it back to the computer shop i bought it from 3 months ago, once arrived, they told me they needed my whole rig because they need to be sure my diagnose was right. So, much hassle later (i mean 2x6950's, the big asus 3-slot cooler ones + h100i + big antec 1200 and everything else, getting that down from the third floor down the stairs, not easy). And it was finally there, and they told me they would check it asap. 3 days later, i got a call it was fixed. Quite suprised by their quick fix because the motherboard wasn't in stock, i expected that they still had a board somewhere else for such occasions. Turned out they replaced it with an UGLY GOLDEN SHOWER ASUS ONE O_O

The complete theme of my build completely ruined! I was really mad and went on a rampage, and they didn't care... So even today i'm still stuck with it... Yea...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

#got a ps2 after the ps3 came out.

I did the same with the original Xbox, spent £100 on it, I was young so I didn't realise the new one had come out

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

#got a ps2 after the ps3 came out.

I was given the oppurtunity to get a PS4 when it came out, but went for ps3 because all my mates were on there. They've upgraded now >_> and guess who's still on ps3

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

When I was building my first PC about 7 months ago, I looked everywhere for the SATA data cable to plug my hard drive in. Checked every box and package like 5 times and couldn't find it anywhere, so I bought one and just used that. About a month later when I bought another hard drive I opened up my motherboard box to get a hard drive bracket and guess what the first thing I see is when I open the box...

When I said to my mom that I want a Galaxy S5, but bought me a Galaxy S5 Sport -_-

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Finally going to replace my old 300GB WD Velociraptor with an SSD.

It's bittersweet because I bought that Raptor 4 years ago used from a guy at a McDonald's parking lot. Since the day I got it I was certain that it'll crap out on me, but it's been a trooper. It's slow as balls now, but it's been my main scratch disk for 4 years.

When I was quite a bit younger and not yet into PC's I got a xbox 360 for Christmas (don't hate me please), Anyway, all chuffed with myself I loaded it up to....... you guessed it, the RROD. So I went nearly 2 months without my dream games console as the RMA service was utter rubbish.

And then when I ordered parts for my current computer half the bits got missing in the post for a few weeks, mad wasn't the word.   

My mom was carrying my iPad 2 and dropped it and the screen cracked. I was mad at the time because I saved my money up for that when I was little and to see it break. But then I got a free iPad air out of it so...

My mom was carrying my iPad 2 and dropped it and the screen cracked. I was mad at the time because I saved my money up for that when I was little and to see it break. But then I got a free iPad air out of it so...

I've accidently thrown my iPad 2 up against the floor, it's been knocked off 5 feet onto hardwood floors from my at multiple times and here I am on it right now lol. I,wouldn't care if it broke it was free lol. All it has is one of those $15 skin wraps xD

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

I've accidently thrown my iPad 2 up against the floor, it's been knocked off 5 feet onto hardwood floors from my at multiple times and here I am on it right now lol. I,wouldn't care if it broke it was free lol. All it has is one of those $15 skin wraps xD

Well no matter how it happened, it cracked. It had a smart cover on it. Mine was not free I paid for it, but hey... I got a free upgrade

Well no matter how it happened, it cracked. It had a smart cover on it. Mine was not free I paid for it, but hey... I got a free upgrade

one of my sweetest moments was when I built a PC for my cousin with a GTX 960 in it awhile ago and had to RMA the sucker twice, the second time I RMA'd they just sent me a GTX 970 for the in convince. Wow, my cousins didn't really think it was all that cool until,I showed him the price difference and the benchmarks.

Mine was when i had got a $5 mouse from Microcenter for my new computer just to start . I got used to it and used it for 3 years and it surprisingly lasted that long flawlessly. Until last week the scroll wheel broke , I opened it up and turns out the plastic broke and was unfixable. So I bought a new mouse that was much better in general but I still haven't gotten used to it and is really annoying to use

Unboxing my Razer Blade, getting my iPhone 6 after having to use my destroyed 5S for awhile.

And soon to be, unboxing a new camera :)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Why am I the only PC enthusiast that likes iOS better the Android?

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Finally Upgrading to a dedicated GPU from Intel HD Graphics!

I hate Android. Can't stand it. Only reason I like apple is for iOS. I'd never buy a iPhone, Mac, or Apple watch. I have an iPad 2 that is wonderful and my,phone is a Lumia 735 since the phones are insanely overpriced and not worth it to me.

Dude, you're not alone.

I LOVE using iOS!

I'm preparing to swap out the 290x's for something else, it's really bittersweet because a) I love how the black and yellow just goes with my colour scheme and cables, and b) I must've had golden horseshoes up my ass when I bought the cards, because I've had them up to 1180mhz on the core clock over both cards running stable, just binned really nice.

It's gonna be a shame having to either change up from MSI to match the colour, or having to redo the colour on the MSI G-Series cards.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.