iPhones may have fingerprint readers

Snickerzz

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2422450,00.asp

Sood posted a screenshot of the new "BiometricKitUI" folder (below), which contains code meant for users who've enabled iOS VoiceOver. The text inside indicates that a biometric sensor will be embedded into the phone's Home button. According to an unnamed 9to5Mac source, the user interface for the fingerprint scanning system is complete; the technology is reportedly intended to help unlock the phone. It is unclear, however, whether the function will also be used for a rumored Apple payment system or be integrated into Passbook or other built-in apps.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I doubt it will be a very good scanner meaning easy to bypass but I'm sure people will much more happy with security even if it is easy to fool

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

really apple, is this your next big thing a fingerprint scanner....... im switching to an android phone next upgrade.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

This could be a bad idea, because of hackers.

Umm, what, wouldn't it be more secure?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Umm, what, wouldn't it be more secure?

Well if they have your fingerprint they could get into stuff that uses fingerprint protection.

Well if they have your fingerprint they could get into stuff that uses fingerprint protection.

And this isn't possible with passwords?

And this isn't possible with passwords?

Well you can have different passwords, you can't have different fingerprints.

Well you can have different passwords, you can't have different fingerprints.

True but I think the people actually using the fingerprint scanner will be the people using the same password for everything. Regardless it's kind of a pointless gimmick imo.

Apple dont need new hardware, Apple need new OS which they are doing. iPhone 5 is faster enough already...