Oculus Rift For PS4

PlayStation has dev kit of the rift and could be that Sony might make a version were you can use it for PC and PS4.

In the video it says that Sony hinted that it could be offering support in the future.

The PS4 wouldn't be able to handle it.  It would require much more processing power on the CPU and GPU side to have comfortable frame rates and keep up with tracking and all the other peripherals that people will want to use. 

Haven't the Oculus team recently stated they won't be making a console version?

I'm pretty sure Sony couldn't make one for the ps4 because of patents and shizz

hello

I'm pretty sure Sony couldn't make one for the ps4 because of patents and shizz

Sony has made 3d headsets before and there a pretty big company so if they wanted to they could make one and patents wouldn't really be an issue

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Even Palmer Luckey (CEO of Oculus) said on Reddit that he doesn't like consoles and that they'll stick to PC and mobile, he even mentioned the pc master race (that made me love him even more :P).

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Even Palmer Luckey (CEO of Oculus) said on Reddit that he doesn't like consoles and that they'll stick to PC and mobile, he even mentioned the pc master race (that made me love him even more :P).

Haven't the Oculus team recently stated they won't be making a console version?

they don't need the oculus team to make it Sony is perfectly able to make a vr headset by themselves

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

I don't think anyone should rule this out just yet you never know what might happen in the future.

Plus hardware specs are not important and don't really matter when it comes to consoles so vr might be possible.

Remember when Microsoft added the kinect? Nobody could have ever imagined that and with the usb 3.0 port on the back a vr add on in the future wouldn't really be that hard

Also i hope it does really come to consoles because with the advertising ability of Sony this could come into the common persons mind that would never have heard about the oculus rift

And big game makers would be much more open to the idea of support for vr if it was on a console and did well as it probably would

The major problem I can see with a console version of VR is that consoles are too underpowered for a true VR experience. 720p on a Rift would suck! 1080p is just barely acceptable for an imersive VR. Also the FPS that console games have vs the FPS that computer games have would affect how enjoyable the experence is. VR on PC will always be better. Console VR seems like a waste of money since it will suck and be a lot worse then the PC version. VR attempts in the pasted ended with failure because technology wasn't powerfull enough to provide a fantastic VR experence.

i swear sony has already come out and a said a few months ago that they may be supporting it in the future and i got so confused when i saw all the posts about it not coming to next gen consoles and then theres this post what is going on.

Edit: found a link http://www.digitalspy.com.au/gaming/news/a489662/oculus-rift-on-sony-interest-we-would-love-to-be-console-compatible.html

i swear sony has already come out and a said a few months ago that they may be supporting it in the future and i got so confused when i saw all the posts about it not coming to next gen consoles and then theres this post what is going on.

Edit: found a link http://www.digitalspy.com.au/gaming/news/a489662/oculus-rift-on-sony-interest-we-would-love-to-be-console-compatible.html

<_<

Published Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 9:34pm EDT 

http://www.slashgear.com/oculus-rift-unconvinced-by-xbox-one-and-ps4-vr-potential-12290202/

Jul 12th 2013

I don't see why it's problem that it on PS3 if anything more game will be able to work with the rift. If we know anything it good on console but best on PC.