Zalman Z9+ Case

Jay123

This is not the most in-depth review as there are many already on the interwebs.

This is an old case but I believe it is truly underrated and under used. A mid tower with space for 4x 140/120mm fans and 1 120mm fan with 4 fans included and a fan controller for £40, what's not to like. I admit that this case is not for high end builds with quad SLI and an i7 but for something like my rig with a 965 BE and a 7850 it's perfect.

The fans can be mounted 2 on the side, 2 on the top, 1 on the front, 1 on the bottom and 1 on the front (front and bottom dust filters are included and easy to clean). There is 4 internal 3.5 slots, 1 external 3.5 and 3 external 5.25s, a 5.25-3.5/2.5 adapter is also included. Inside there is enough space for an ATX mobo and a 30cm GPU. There are plenty holes for cable management and tie down points as well as holes in the back for water cooling tubes. Overall the finish is very nice with an all black matte finish apart from a bit of gloss on the top, however it is not easily smudged and doesn't collect dust.

http://www.zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=423

"An Excellent Signature"

Between the back of the motherboard and the side panel about how much room is there for cable managment? That's what's putting me off on this case, I can't find an answer for that.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

My current build is in a Z9+. Just measured and there's about 3/4" space between the back of the tray and the side panel. It's not a whole lot of space but very workable (with many zip-tie loops) and a lot more than some cases I've seen. It also helps that, while the tray is solid, there aren't any obnoxiously thick structural "dents" that stick out meaning you can run cables basically along the entire back surface area.