Be Quiet interview at TechPowerUp

Crowcore

Greetings everyone,

I just spend half an hour reading a fascinating and super long in depth interview of Chritoph Katzer, head of business development at Be Quiet. I know they are new and not as well known in North-America, but I wanted to point to that wonderful interview nonetheless. 

Discussed topics include their looking to expend into cases (micro-ATX please!), the approximate launch dates of their new CPU coolers, PSU technologies and their future evolution, foreign presence, possible entrance in the closed loop cooling market, ...

I wish more companies would be as open regarding the OEMs they work with, the things currently tested in their labs for possible extension of their offering in upcoming years, and pricing of unreleased hardware. I'm growing tiresome of the frequent and senseless secrecy, most evident during booth coverages at international fairs.

What did you find most interesting about the interview ? And what's your favorite Be Quiet product and why ?

Mine would be the magnificent Dark Rock Pro 2. It performs about 1,5° better than the NH-D14^^ and the finish on the top is breathtaking. However, I hear the installation process is a pain.

Greetings everyone,

I just spend half an hour reading a fascinating and super long in depth interview of Chritoph Katzer, head of business development at Be Quiet. I know they are new and not as well known in North-America, but I wanted to point to that wonderful interview nonetheless. 

Discussed topics include their looking to expend into cases (micro-ATX please!), the approximate launch dates of their new CPU coolers, PSU technologies and their future evolution, foreign presence, possible entrance in the closed loop cooling market, ...

I wish more companies would be as open regarding the OEMs they work with, the things currently tested in their labs for possible extension of their offering in upcoming years, and pricing of unreleased hardware. I'm growing tiresome of the frequent and senseless secrecy, most evident during booth coverages at international fairs.

What did you find most interesting about the interview ? And what's your favorite Be Quiet product and why ?

Mine would be the magnificent Dark Rock Pro 2. It performs about 1,5° better than the NH-D14^^ and the finish on the top is breathtaking. However, I hear the installation process is a pain.

Installation of the Dark Rock Pro 2 is indeed a pain in the arse to install, on the 1155 it can be a real pain since the pins / screws are in the middle of the 3 mounting holes. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7