Anybody use a Scuf controller for PC gaming?

Aleks

Looking to get a controller for some games on PC. The new generation of controllers are already so expensive I was wondering if anybody uses the Scuf controllers. If you do please let me know what you think and if they are worth it. Thanks.

Bumping for shared curiosity.

I would also like to add that the DualShock 4 controller (PS4) is by far my favorite controller that I've ever used - with some KontrolFreeks on them. 

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Bumping for shared curiosity.

I would also like to add that the DualShock 4 controller (PS4) is by far my favorite controller that I've ever used - with some KontrolFreeks on them. 

The DS4 is my favorite too, I sold my PS4 unfortunately losing the controller which I used for some PC games. 

The DS4 is my favorite too, I sold my PS4 unfortunately losing the controller which I used for some PC games. 

I have a PS4 scuf /w Kontrol freeks but I've never used it PC only my PS3 and PS4 so I dunno how it would feel on PC but I think it shouldn't really feel any different on fps games

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

in my experiance the scuf's arn't worth it. i have a 360 and 360 scuf and i usually just use the normal 360 controller.

if you really need the extra buttons i guess you could get another DS4 and pair it to your PC with DS4Windows. that way you can give each button multiple actions.

I think the new Xbox One Elite controller would be better than a scuf.

I got a TIER 1 F.P.S Controller for the PS3(http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/tier1-fps-controller/117543)

Thanks for the help, I completely forgot about this. It would probably make sense to look into one of these with windows 10 coming. 

Thanks for the help, I completely forgot about this. It would probably make sense to look into one of these with windows 10 coming. 

Basically a Scuf. I would rather get it, more modular.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

They seem to be a waste of money in my opinion. I don't see why it would be so hard to press the face buttons on a gamepad quickly. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I think the xbone elite controller looks pretty good, too bad the price will keep me from getting one.  $150 for a controller is just ridiculous

Its is basically a fully loaded scuf.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

They seem to be a waste of money in my opinion. I don't see why it would be so hard to press the face buttons on a gamepad quickly. 

It allows you to press the buttons without moving from the analog sticks.

It allows you to press the buttons without moving from the analog sticks.

Which doesn't take that long anyway. It's not really much of a hindrance if you know the layout of a gamepad and can quickly hit the face buttons. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Which doesn't take that long anyway. It's not really much of a hindrance if you know the layout of a gamepad and can quickly hit the face buttons. 

That split second can be the difference in getting a kill or getting killed in a fps. I have seen some people improve dramatically over time using scuf like controllers and I have seen people not improve/get worse due to accidental button presses.

While I completely agree because I've only ever used the stock xbox 360 pad in my gaming.

Back when I used to play Call of Duty (around the Black Ops 1 MW3 era) - I re-mapped R3 from knife to prone, so I could make them sick mlg jump prone shots everi tiem. ;)

And I heard a lot of people were getting Scuf's so that they could map one of the back paddles to knife, essentially re-enabling easy-panic-knifing.

Though I never had much of an issue hitting the B button for a panic knife, as you don't really need to aim for a panic knife.

But a few people I used to play with said it helped them quite a bit.

I just couldn't justify the cost of the controller so I never got to try it.

Now I'm purely a PC, PS1 and PS2 guy. :)