Nzxt kraken x60, can't connect to device...

I'm just done building my frist pc ever. The hardware is working just fine, but i have a software problem.

When i'm trying to open the kraken software to controll the fans and everything, i get a error saying:

could not connect to device! Please make sure that the device is connected and try again.

I don't know what to do... I have tried to switch the usb connection, but it doesn't work. 

I'm pretty sure everything is correctly connected. The fans are plugged in the watercooler fan plug in thing. the usb connector is plugged in to the mobo, the 3 pin fan thinghy is connected to the cpu fan header and the sata powercable is also pluged in...

But the watercooler itself is working just fine, the led is turned on, however it doesn't seem to change cooler like it should have when the cpu gets hotter? it's constantly white.But it's cooling my cpu very well. After benchmarking the cpu reached 45 celsius at max. But that is because the fans are spinning at 100% so it's very noisy.

I have also tried to reinstall the software, but it didn't work. 

Please help me. I need to turn down the fans, they are driving me crazy. 

Specs:

Asus maximus VI extreme

intel i7-4770k

Nzxt kraken x6

--------------------

zotac gtx 770 amp 2 way sli

kingston hyperx beast 8 gb 2400mhz

XFX proseries 1250w psu

kingston hyperx ssd 240gb 

Asus maximus VI extreme         i7-4770k @4.9ghz       Zotac gtx 770 amp editon @1260/7300 2-way SLI         Kingston HyperX Beast 8gb 2400mhz          Kingston HyperX 240gb SSD           2tb hdd               Nzxt Kraken x60 with noctua high pressure fans (push)        Nzxt phantom 820         XFX proseries black edition 1250w gold plus psu         And a shit load of red led fans :D   

Windows 7 ultimate

The functionality that the LED changes as the CPU becomes warmer has to be enabled in the software by default, I think. However, the pump may be faulty.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

you could use a 3rd party software to control the fans.

something like speedfan could do it.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

If you also prefer hardware based controls, there are many simple controllers out there you can use.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

• 5 months later...

I just the kracken x60 just before Christmas and was having the same problem. Also when I plugged in the usb I would get a 690LC driver problem. After a couple days of tearing apart the NZXT kracken control software I found chillcontrol to be the issue with the software.  I downloaded  KUHLER_ChillControl_V1_2 from http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/index.php?page=support_productInfo_details&ProdID=77086 and this software controls the kracken x60 perfectly. No need for the NZXT kracken control headache. Hope this helps everyone like it helped me.