LF someone to double check me

Oddrock64

Gaming mostly (as for what games assume everything) but also will use it for movies and video editing.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Fsr6f7

Also a 2tb hdd in old computer that im transferring to the new

my thoughts for the future is that this is the starting point with this i now have my foot in the PC door and can upgrade as i go (ie SLI and RAID configs, more RAM or whatever) its been really fun for me toying with the idea of building a computer and doing research but now that i have some money saved up ive decided to go for it and i dont just want to stop here i want to keep expanding as i go along until its time for a complete overhaul (hopefully not any time soon) than do it all over again!

Any help/comment is appreciated

nvm

seems like it will work well, good luck when you build it :P

u wot m7+1

Crap i forgot about that i chose the doms because i was having fun and they would have looked good on my old MB (ive been building this for about 2 years for the fun of it) so thank you for catching that

Gaming mostly (as for what games assume everything) but also will use it for movies and video editing.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HRkd7P

my thoughts for the future is that this is the starting point with this i now have my foot in the PC door and can upgrade as i go (ie SLI and RAID configs, more RAM or whatever) its been really fun for me toying with the idea of building a computer and doing research but now that i have some money saved up ive decided to go for it and i dont just want to stop here i want to keep expanding as i go along until its time for a complete overhaul (hopefully not any time soon) than do it all over again!

Edit:

Vengeance instead of Dominators

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BMCbYJ

You are wanting room to expand/SLI and other stuff.

The 550w PSU will work, you can SLI the 970 with it, but you might want to leave some headroom anyways, and get a higher Watt PSU.

Going with SSD only might be a troublesome after you start editing for a while, SSDs break down over time as you write/rewrite on them, so you could save some money and avoid this problem by getting a standard HDD and managing your programs and what you choose to add/use on your SSD.

I see you are getting a "Silent" case. So I'm guessing you want the computer to be nice and quiet, idk much about the case, but as far as silence goes the Corsair H100i has some pretty loud stock fans, you might want to look into getting some quieter ones. And make sure to get some High SP (Static Pressure) ones so they can still be optimal for cooling the radiator.

With all that information said, here are some changes I would make.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($136.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($86.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.49 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($353.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($27.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1410.25

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-19 21:07 EDT-0400

Changed the SSD to a 250GB 850 EVO, make sure to put your main programs and OS on here of course. And put your most played game on here as well, or your game of the month or whatever. The rest can go on your 1TB HDD.

Upped the PSU to a 650w, the $5 price difference from your other choice seems well worth it. You could go a little higher too if you want to make that fan on the PSU never come on, making the case quieter. (but you probably wont hear it anyways over other components.)

Added some Higher Performance Corsair SP120 fans, they should be quieter than the stock ones and perform just as well or better. They also come with your color choice for the ring that goes on them to help put together your color theme.

Edit:

Also make sure to "Quote" or @(ThierName) if you are trying to respond to a post or ask someone something directly so they get notified when you do. Also follow your own post so you get notified when someone post on it.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HRkd7P

Edit:

Vengeance instead of Dominators

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BMCbYJ

My only advice is get a smaller ssd than that, and also pick up a hard drive. 480gb is not gonna be remotely enough for both gaming and video editing.

Also like the other guy said, get a higher psu. 650w minimum

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

I think you can get a 980 within the budget doe

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card  ($514.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1469.67
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-19 22:39 EDT-0400

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

thanks for all the comments and as far as hdd i forgot to mention that i have one on the pc that i own now and will be removing that and putting it in the new build

You are wanting room to expand/SLI and other stuff.

The 550w PSU will work, you can SLI the 970 with it, but you might want to leave some headroom anyways, and get a higher Watt PSU.

Going with SSD only might be a troublesome after you start editing for a while, SSDs break down over time as you write/rewrite on them, so you could save some money and avoid this problem by getting a standard HDD and managing your programs and what you choose to add/use on your SSD.

I see you are getting a "Silent" case. So I'm guessing you want the computer to be nice and quiet, idk much about the case, but as far as silence goes the Corsair H100i has some pretty loud stock fans, you might want to look into getting some quieter ones. And make sure to get some High SP (Static Pressure) ones so they can still be optimal for cooling the radiator.

With all that information said, here are some changes I would make.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($136.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($86.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.49 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($353.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($27.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1410.25

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-19 21:07 EDT-0400

Changed the SSD to a 250GB 850 EVO, make sure to put your main programs and OS on here of course. And put your most played game on here as well, or your game of the month or whatever. The rest can go on your 1TB HDD.

Upped the PSU to a 650w, the $5 price difference from your other choice seems well worth it. You could go a little higher too if you want to make that fan on the PSU never come on, making the case quieter. (but you probably wont hear it anyways over other components.)

Added some Higher Performance Corsair SP120 fans, they should be quieter than the stock ones and perform just as well or better. They also come with your color choice for the ring that goes on them to help put together your color theme.

Edit:

Also make sure to "Quote" or @(ThierName) if you are trying to respond to a post or ask someone something directly so they get notified when you do. Also follow your own post so you get notified when someone post on it.

i own a crappy pc now and i will be putting the hdd that i have in my old one into the new build i forgot to mention that

Thank you for helping me finally solve the issue of a better psu i was a little concerned about it but even when i add the sli and a few storage drives i got it up to 520w so i wasnt sure if i should upgrade to 650w but i think that i will just to be sure

as far as silent, the pc will be in my room and i had heard that those coolers were a tad noisy but i decided to see if the case helped before replacing the fans

My only advice is get a smaller ssd than that, and also pick up a hard drive. 480gb is not gonna be remotely enough for both gaming and video editing.

Also like the other guy said, get a higher psu. 650w minimum

you and synd convinced me to upgrade as i did have concerns about the psu

I think you can get a 980 within the budget doe

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card  ($514.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1469.67
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-19 22:39 EDT-0400

its been an internal debate with me weather to hold off on buying and going for the 980 but from what ive seen the 980 is a lot better as a single gpu but once you sli them there really isn't that much of a difference between 970 sli and 980 sli except the price is way more.