R9 280x WITH 144HZ

Go to solution Solved by H4X3R,

Thanks buddy :)

I'll contact the shop witch i bought the parts from, and i also contact ASUS to fix that issue

Best regards.

LOL. This is funny tbh. Try the white port not the black one.

On my brothers 280X toxic 144hz works just fine on an Asus VG248QE.

Make sure that no other program is defaulting your resolution to 60hz, to make 100% sure it isn't a fault with a card, reinstall windows or put it into a computer with a fresh install of windows.

They had issues when 144Hz was first becoming a thing, but I don't think that should be what's causing your issues now, especially if all your drivers are up to date. 

Have you tried to change it through the Adapter settings maybe? Not sure it'll help, but worth a try I guess, not sure what else you could try. 

Go to your screen resolution page, then Advanced Settings, then under the Adapter tab click 'List all modes' and see if there is anything there on 144Hz at 1080p, if there is then good click it, make sure it's then changed in the monitor tab and everything should be fine. 

But doubtful that will work tbh 

I have tired what you said buddy. but its all about 60 ~ 50 ~ 75 but with low resolution.

I have tired what you said buddy. but its all about 60 ~ 50 ~ 75 but with low resolution.

Well this is strange >.< I'm all out of ideas pretty much, although I'm going to assume it's a GPU issue and not a monitor/cable issue.

I know the r9 280 and 280x are HD 7970 rebrands, and those cards seemed to have a lot of issues with 144Hz back when they were released, is there anyway you could get ahold of another GPU just to test if it is a GPU issue or not? Like a friends GPU maybe?

And maybe just try reinstalling your gpu drivers again just in case they weren't installed properly the first time

Other than that I'm not sure how to help you, hopefully someone else may be able to!

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Well this is strange >.< I'm all out of ideas pretty much, although I'm going to assume it's a GPU issue and not a monitor/cable issue.

I know the r9 280 and 280x are HD 7970 rebrands, and those cards seemed to have a lot of issues with 144Hz back when they were released, is there anyway you could get ahold of another GPU just to test if it is a GPU issue or not? Like a friends GPU maybe?

And maybe just try reinstalling your gpu drivers again just in case they weren't installed properly the first time

Other than that I'm not sure how to help you, hopefully someone else may be able to!

I'll contact the shop witch i bought the parts from, and i also contact ASUS to fix that issue

Best regards.

Best regards.

Make sure that no other program is defaulting your resolution to 60hz, to make 100% sure it isn't a fault with a card, reinstall windows or put it into a computer with a fresh install of windows.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

i respect your opinion regarding this matter and thank you for it, today im going to format my pc, and i'll try to black port, but i don't know why i still wounder that this monitor doesn't support AMD, but as you said your brother has AMD Same my Graphic.

omg thanks dude! i tried the white adapter it worked!! thanks a lot i have 144hz now :P

omg thanks dude! i tried the white adapter it worked!! thanks a lot i have 144hz now :P

I did say to do that a while back  :mellow:

That card has 2 DVI connectors, one is single link, the other is duel link, are you connected to the right one? Try the other one just incase! Then try changing the refresh rate settings

But nvm aha, glad it got fixed anyway  :D

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Display port

/thread

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Display port

/thread

Yes because the Asus VG278HE has DisplayPort...  <_<

Yes because the Asus VG278HE has DisplayPort...  <_<

I always thought it did have DisplayPort, Mr. Dismissive...

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

• 3 years later...

i know its late but i made this account just to thank who ever came with the solution you're a life saver