Windows 10 vs 8.1 vs 7 Poll

jos

Oh my PC I've upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 and I had to get used to it. Right now I kinda like the edgy style.

Now, I think many people prefer Windows 7.  And there is a good reason for that, Windows 7 is stable, and so is Windows XP.  However, both of these operating systems were a bit unstable at release, as Windows 10 was as well.

But, the spying is also a big concern.  The thing to keep in mind though is that Windows 7 probably has a similar thing, at least after some updates.  Microsoft still has full control of Windows 7 and could release a spying feature in a Windows 7 update. So privacy is only really achieved on Windows 7 if you disable updates.

However, if you disable updates then another problem occurs.  The problem that your system is now vulnerable to exploits and malware years old. This is because these exploits exploit vulnerabilities that are already quite old.  

So, as a conclusion. I think Windows 10 is the best out of all the versions of Windows. I don't agree with the spying, but I believe because of the updates being constantly applied to the OS, and the inclusion of the Bash Shell (default on many linux distros including Ubuntu) really makes it a good development environment as well as a secure platform for System Administrators (ssh, telnet, vim). 

Windows 10 has a lot of bad points but as an OS for the majority of people, it's the better option in my opinion.