Custom Desk Build (Project Yellow Panther)

PeggersXtreme

I would reset CMOS first though. 

yeah will do :)

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Good choice on fans, love the corsair fan series! +1 looks great m8

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

Good choice on fans, love the corsair fan series! +1 looks great m8

Having 12 gets a bit noisy though lol I have stepped them down to 7v might end up buying the NZXT grid and using a fan controller so I can turn them down on idle or just get two 6 channel fans controllers and turn some off when idle.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Having 12 gets a bit noisy though lol I have stepped them down to 7v might end up buying the NZXT grid and using a fan controller so I can turn them down on idle or just get two 6 channel fans controllers and turn some off when idle.

Indeed the one downfall is the noise but if you're like me with deaf ears and SUPER sound isolating foam around your ears you won't hear a tractor from 2 feet away :)

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

PC is back up a running after a motherboard replacement I cant remember if I mentioned the motherboard was faulty it kept saying overclock failed even when settings were stock it turns out my motherboard was putting a crap load of voltage through my ram, gpu's and cpu you may have seen my other post on GPU's screaming like crazy looks like I found the reason lol just worried if it damaged anything.

In terms of voltage it was putting 1.7v through my ram which is DDR4 normally 1.2v I believe feel free to correct me if I'm wrong either that or 1.35v I cant remember (The ram burned to touch)

It was putting a horrifying 1.47v through my CPU answers why my temps were a bit off considering my cooling solution

And in terms of GPU's I'm not sure if it was increased voltage or a lack of power coming through the PCI-e slot but they are now fixed so no more whine yippee.

Custom PC:

1.47? Dang dude. Good that you figured it out, though.

yep it's been stable with just the ram clocked at 2400mhz now for a week so I think it is time to try an overclock on the CPU :) seems to be fixed now I have had the board replaced.

Custom PC:

Still can't put the glass in it was fine until I played the star wars battlefront beta and holy cows the Titan x's although the gpu's only get to 54C the backplates give off so much heat that I can't dissipate it quick enough was glad to see I was getting a solid 200fps though at 1080p and at 1440p I was hovering around the 154 - 160 mark using NVidia DSR lol :) Just want a new monitor now and this setup will be golden :D

Custom PC:

All problems seem to be fixed now with the new motherboard keep in mind this is without glass in still but I think I might test it with glass in again I might just leave the lid off when using the PC but with the 5960X at 4ghz 1.18v Idle temps at the moment are around the 20-23C mark and at full load they dont exceed 50C with I consider a acceptable load temperature the GPU coil whine issue is fixed and the CPU is scoring 1567cb on cinebench R15 just thought I would put a little update up for the build log guys :)

Custom PC:

What do you guys think about me doing some benchmarks and then starting a new thread called Project Yellow Panther vs Benchmarks or something like that? I have received a few requests of interest in performance of this build so just seeing how many people would be interested.

Custom PC:

What do you guys think about me doing some benchmarks and then starting a new thread called Project Yellow Panther vs Benchmarks or something like that? I have received a few requests of interest in performance of this build so just seeing how many people would be interested.

Would definitely like to see the benchmarks :)

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Specs:
Screeninator: ASUS GTX970 STRIX
Powermathingy: Corsair AX760
Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Blue
Procrastinator: Intel i5 3570K (stock)
Holdametalicizor: Corsair Obsidian 750D
Noisoundacreator: Sennheiser HD 558
Attatchamajiggy: MSI Z77A-G45 (SUCKS)
Remembrerthing: 750GB Samsung 840 EVO (3x250GB)
Flat-Colorful-Thing: Iiyama craptron 2000
See-A-Move-O: Corsair M45
ButtonBoard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Browns)

I know the pain of ruined hands after a water cooled build. Was hiding cables under the motherboard and the fan header pin went right underneath my fingernail. Bloody hurt.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

OP Question:

Are you going to use a headphone or speakers on that awesome desk?

btw

Black and Yellow.

Niiiicccee

OP Question:

Are you going to use a headphone or speakers on that awesome desk?

btw

Black and Yellow.

Niiiicccee

A bit of both depending on what I am doing, I usually use speakers when watching videos and playing games alone and then I use a pair of sennheiser headphones when I play multiplayer games with friends. The headphones are just headphones with no mic I use a Blue yeti for my mic solution. The speaker system is the LG 1200watt 5.1 Cinema Surround BH7440 :) And yeah I like the Color combination but I get a lot of crap from some people for it saying I ripped of JayzTwoCents I didn't realize other people wernt aloud yellow pc's after Jay built his lol.

Custom PC:

Would definitely like to see the benchmarks :)

Awesome, I will get to work on making a list of benchmarks and games to test :)

Custom PC:

I know the pain of ruined hands after a water cooled build. Was hiding cables under the motherboard and the fan header pin went right underneath my fingernail. Bloody hurt.

When it goes under the finger nail that is the worst I did the same thing when I built this PC some water cooling fittings can be vicious aswell on the threads mostly.

Custom PC:

• 2 months later...

Sooooo sexy, but I sooo wish you would have stuck with hardline. But hey, it still looks great ;).

Yeah i'm onto my next project now moving all this over to a Phanteks Enthoo Primo and doing some mods with it.

Custom PC:

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't posted any benchmarks yet I haven't had a chance yet as my XB270HU has been at the acer repair centre and I don't really want to do 1080p benchmarks as my PC is way too overkill for 1080p defiantly not as good experience as 1440p.

Anyways onto my question I have been watching some JayzTwoCents lately and his yellow coolant has gone brown and transparent this alarmed me as i'm using the exact same coolant however mine is still yellow at the moment I compared it to some brand new fresh coolant I have and they are Identical in color but now I am worried it will go brown and clog up my loops I was looking at painting some of the fan rings purple and going with a yellow and purple build and using the Mayhems x1 purple fluid instead what do you guy think or am I over worrying about this coolant. 

Anyone else have experience with pastel coolant please let me know if you have experienced the drastic color changing and loop clogging.

Thanks

Custom PC:

I have been using EKs pastel white. No problems so far.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

I have been using EKs pastel white. No problems so far.

I'm wondering why Jays went so brown and separated. I'm using the same yellow coolant as him and mines been fine over the last 5 months

Custom PC:

I'm wondering why Jays went so brown and separated. I'm using the same yellow coolant as him and mines been fine over the last 5 months

Similar to KWelz I've been using Pastel white for a good 5-6months now with Primochill Advanced LRT without issues. The main thing I see is something changing the PH changing in the loop that usually causes problems, this is a very common thing that occurred with UV fluids where the PH would change in less than a week and making the fluid lose its UV properties. In general the loop should always be slightly on the basic side if it ever becomes neutral or acidic something has gone wrong inside the loop.

Similar to KWelz I've been using Pastel white for a good 5-6months now with Primochill Advanced LRT without issues. The main thing I see is something changing the PH changing in the loop that usually causes problems, this is a very common thing that occurred with UV fluids where the PH would change in less than a week and making the fluid lose its UV properties. In general the loop should always be slightly on the basic side if it ever becomes neutral or acidic something has gone wrong inside the loop.

Oh right mine is still like it was when I put it in the loop 5 month ago but i'm just a little concerned it's going to go brown.

Custom PC:

Oh right mine is still like it was when I put it in the loop 5 month ago but i'm just a little concerned it's going to go brown.

Well a little fade or color loss isn't uncommon especially with really bright or neon type colors, but I would periodically monitor it with PH strips if your really want to get it before it starts going south. Sounds like at least your have much better success than what jay was having with his loop.

Well a little fade or color loss isn't uncommon especially with really bright or neon type colors, but I would periodically monitor it with PH strips if your really want to get it before it starts going south. Sounds like at least your have much better success than what jay was having with his loop.

Does it affect temps at all using pastel fluid I read someone says when they changed to transparent coolant their temps went down by 5 degrees.

Custom PC: