Custom Desk Build (Project Yellow Panther)

PeggersXtreme

At the moment I hate the UK the whether is getting on my nerves and is delaying my build as I can't drill or cut wood indoors as it makes to much mess. I don't think I have seen one day this year here where it hasn't rained at some point in the day. The finished product will be coming soon just fingers crossed it stops raining. :mellow:

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I have managed to fix the power supply and water cooling problem just need a dry day to cut out the final bit of wood.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some good news the desk is finally built I have just got to build the computer inside it now and then it will be completely done, I will upload some pictures soon but I dont want to give to much away yet, I am going to render all the video logs and upload them to YouTube once the pc is built.

Custom PC:

I've always been a fan of the rotated look (silently trying to figure out something to get my own). If you were looking for opinions on whether you should or not this is my vote to top I/O. :)

What Corsair case did you take from to get the tray/rear?

I rotated the motherboard tray :) ports now come out the top going to start putting together the build log videos tonight :)

Custom PC:

post-179175-0-74946300-1439416562.jpg

Bases on the placements of the fan holes, so does it look like you dont have any flow from left to right or right to left.

So how do you plan on getting air to the motherboard and other components place in the middle of the case?

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Bases on the placements of the fan holes, so does it look like you dont have any flow from left to right or right to left.

So how do you plan on getting air to the motherboard and other components place in the middle of the case?

funny enough I haven't shown the update yet but the fans now mount completely differently, I made a  new back board for it and the fans now pull fresh air up from the bottom and then there is now 3 fans on each side left/right that pull air out the desk the air flow placement and design is built on the theory that heat rises with plenty of gaps in the top and two either side of the glass front the cooling ability should be good I will probably make a video log on how the airflow works as it is a common question I get about this desk build.

Custom PC:

Decided to ditch the 750ti as a dedicated PhysX card and sticking with the Titan X's on their own, Didn't see the benefit in dedicated PhysX over getting the full 2150mb/s out of my m.2 SSD Damn PCI-e limitation I just needed an extra 4 PCI-E lanes but unfortunately the 5960X supports up to 40 which is still better than the 20 on the mainstream platform (Skylake) I thinks it's 20 anyway

Custom PC:

Update!

Hey guys hope you like the desk so far I have uploaded some pictures now some parts are in all I need now is the reservoirs from Scan they take ages when expecting stock in but hopefully they will soon be here so I can finish this desk build.

Thanks @PumaXCS for the tip to rotate the motherboard combined with my idea to put the power supply at the bottom is has solved a major issue I was having.

post-179175-0-52239500-1441495022_thumb.

post-179175-0-29053900-1441495026_thumb.

post-179175-0-95686900-1441495029_thumb.

Custom PC:

Anyone know if hard line tubing should be quite easy to pull out of fittings or should it be quite tough to pull out? just checking before I start filling the loops.

Custom PC:

Anyone know if hard line tubing should be quite easy to pull out of fittings or should it be quite tough to pull out? just checking before I start filling the loops.

Think it depend on the fitting.

And before you do that: Where on earth are the side mounted radiators gettting the air from/sending air too?

Since on the images so does it looks like they are mounted on the wall without any holes behind them.

Think it depend on the fitting.

And before you do that: Where on earth are the side mounted radiators gettting the air from/sending air too?

Since on the images so does it looks like they are mounted on the wall without any holes behind them.

There's slots in the back board and the front of the glass has a small gap they will exhaust air out of the slots in the back board same for the bottom radiators which pull air from slots in the back.

Custom PC:

There's slots in the back board and the front of the glass has a small gap they will exhaust air out of the slots in the back board same for the bottom radiators which pull air from slots in the back.

Guess its just the images that dont show it then.

Guess its just the images that dont show it then.

Yeah the images aren't the best I will try get some better pictures of it at some point

Custom PC:

Looks really cool and glad that's worked out for you, layout looks really good. The amount of radiator space you have looks amazing and I can't hide my envy of it. With the glass over the top of it that will look really cool.

Keep us updated, I'm interested how the loop path will work here.

Hit a major barrier at the moment I am getting through PETG like crazy all on one bend the bending isn't the issue it's getting the length right considering looking at angled fittings on some of the awkward bends or soft tubing and using my old black nickel fittings

Custom PC:

Update!

So after hours of messing around with bending tubing and wasting several meters of tubing I have decided to ditch hardline tubing as the XSPC PETG tubes are slightly too short and I have come to the conclusion that it is going to be harder to upgrade components in the future. I also actually prefer soft tubing to work with. Don't get me wrong the hardline looks awesome and I was able to get 3 bends successful but for three of the bend the tubing doesn't reach the block once I have made the bend.

Custom PC:

Update!

So after hours of messing around with bending tubing and wasting several meters of tubing I have decided to ditch hardline tubing as the XSPC PETG tubes are slightly too short and I have come to the conclusion that it is going to be harder to upgrade components in the future. I also actually prefer soft tubing to work with. Don't get me wrong the hardline looks awesome and I was able to get 3 bends successful but for three of the bend the tubing doesn't reach the block once I have made the bend.

There are fittings you can use as extenders, like this one: http://bitspowerwork.com/html/product/pro_show.php?products_id=1671

Yeah, I looked at those but the whole hardline tubing thing doesn't look as good as I had hoped so I have requested a return on the fittings and decided to use XSPC coin fit 7/16ID 5/8OD fittings with UV clear flex tubing. From a maintenance point of view I prefer soft tubing.

Custom PC:

Quick question for anyone living in the UK where's the best place to get a few extra fittings all the UK online watercooling stores I know of charge stupid shipping charges like £6 for 3 fittings you gotta be having a bubble that's a rip off.

Its looking good so far mate :)

for the watercooling bits I used specialtech, but thats gone now :(

Also used a couple of people from ebay, but forgot the names, for the last fittings I got

I used Aquatuning UK, although most the bits looked to have come from Germany, but they arrived within a day or

2 after ordering.

will depend on what fittings your after, as they dont all sell the same ones.

Yeah, I looked at those but the whole hardline tubing thing doesn't look as good as I had hoped so I have requested a return on the fittings and decided to use XSPC coin fit 7/16ID 5/8OD fittings with UV clear flex tubing. From a maintenance point of view I prefer soft tubing.

You cant beat soft tube!

apart from the some hard tube setups looking better the + side to rubber is 9/10

Its looking good so far mate :)

for the watercooling bits I used specialtech, but thats gone now :(

Also used a couple of people from ebay, but forgot the names, for the last fittings I got

I used Aquatuning UK, although most the bits looked to have come from Germany, but they arrived within a day or

2 after ordering.

will depend on what fittings your after, as they dont all sell the same ones.

I went with XSPC 7/16 5/8 fittings they were pretty good price and allow for slightly thicker tubing then what I have used in the past now need to try return the unused XSPC PETG fittings

Custom PC:

Update:

So getting close to finishing the build I think its about time to start thinking about what peripherals I am going to use I have already bought the Keyboard, mouse and mouse mat for these I went with the Corsair K90 RGB and the Corsair M65 RGB and the Corsair Extended Mouse Mat.

Speakers I think I'm going to stick with my LG 1200watt surround but now I still need to decide what monitor to get the choices I have considered are:

The Asus Swift PG278Q (TN but I have heard it is very close to lower end IPS panels, 144hz)

or

The Acer Predator X34 Ultrawide coming out at the beginning of next month. (IPS and Curved 100hz) I'm leaning towards this monitor but the ultrawide game support and the 44hz less refresh is the only thing holding me back at the moment I don't think personally many setups could achieve over 100fps at 3440x1440p on new games but then I am still yet to see what my system can do maybe that will be the decide I hope I'm in for a surprise. :)

Custom PC: