How Much Will 115MHz Improve My Experience?

Peterson2K4

I'm comparing 970s and I see the major differences is the speed. For example; EVGA offers the P4-3973 with 1050MHz and the P4-2974 with 1165MHz. What do I realistically achieve with 115MHz more? At what speed do you see a difference in performance?

I'm guessing not much more.   I bought an overclocked EVGA 570 card once and it kept crashing Display Driver.  Returned and got a second one.  did the same thing.   Went for standard 580 and no problems.  There are always stability issues when overclocking.  Also drivers released are only written for the standard factory boost clock.   If you want a faster card as someone else wrote in another thread, get a more powerful card.

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

Expect something between 3 and 7 percent.