Need help to ID 2 GPUs...

Hey there,

I spotted 2 2nd hand GPUs in a shop and I need help IDing them...

One is an ATi card from Sapphire, the other is a Zotac card...

49b19df023.jpg

0093781412.jpg

Thanks...

No stickers in the back? 

PS: tbh they don't look "that old"

EDIT:

@DigitalHermit

anyway, here you've a pic of an HD 5870, which looks similar

-snip-

Looks like that's the one... If it's cheap, should I get it? I'm assuming that it won't go away for a while...

Looks like that's the one... If it's cheap, should I get it? I'm assuming that it won't go away for a while...

It's a REALLY old card. With performance to match.

So imo...no.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Hey there,

I spotted 2 2nd hand GPUs in a shop and I need help IDing them...

One is an ATi card from Sapphire, the other is a Zotac card...

49b19df023.jpg

0093781412.jpg

Thanks...

how much does the zotac one cost?

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

how much does the zotac one cost?

No idea... I'm assuming 1kPhP to 4kPhP or around 25USD to 90USD... The pricing here is shit in smaller shops so I don't expect any scaling with the age of the card...

Falls behind a R7 260 in benchmarks... at that power consumption is a no go...

This is a signature.

No idea... I'm assuming 1kPhP to 4kPhP or around 25USD to 90USD... The pricing here is shit in smaller shops so I don't expect any scaling with the age of the card...

can't really find it in the zotac website any other information would help 

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

That looks like a zotac GTS 450 form zotac, it used to be good until 2012, I know it is because it's the same one I have.

This might be it... I'll ask when I get back there to grab another auxiliary monitor...

and if it is indeed a 450, I'll take it off the want list along with the ATi card... There's also a reference 580 in the shop so if it's cheap and there's  a lot left from a project, I might just get the 580 (if it can perform on par with a 260X or better)...

That looks like a zotac GTS 450 form zotac, it used to be good until 2012, I know it is because it's the same one I have.

can't seem to find the exact card from the outside 

it does look like it 

http://www.zotac.com/products/graphics-cards/geforce-400-series/gts-450/product/gts-450/sort/starttime/order/DESC/amount/10/discontinued/1.html

What engaged my doubts about that model is that position of the logo AND DEM those heatpipes

ZT-50206-10M_image1-800x600.jpg

Better than you all are expecting...

JUST LET ME CONFIRM IT :o

This is a signature.

That looks like a GTS 450 form zotac, it used to be good until 2012, I know it is because it's the same one I have.

Doesn't look like it.

b961.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

What engaged my doubts about that model is that position of the logo AND DEM those heatpipes

Oh damn, that's more powerful than my 560.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

-snip-

We have a winner!!!

I'll check prices for this and the 580 and make my decision then...

Might be a nice birthday gift to myself...

Edit:

Can't choose 2 posts for best answer so kudos to @79 Potatoes

We have a winner!!!

I'll check prices for this and the 580 and make my decision then...

Might be a nice birthday gift to myself...

Edit:

Can't choose 2 posts for best answer so kudos to @79 Potatoes

The only problem with all those GPUs is TDP hoovering around 200 W... 

You must have a decent PSU and hope they cost under 85-90 €

This is a signature.

The only problem with all those GPUs is TDP hoovering around 200 W... 

You must have a decent PSU and hope they cost under 85-90 €

Dat TDP... Is this a Fermi card? cause it sounds like a Fermi card...

I've got a 600W PSU on me (FSP Hexa 600) so it should be good enough...

my 260X might be going into that project that I have scheduled for December...

Dat TDP... Is this a Fermi card? cause it sounds like a Fermi card...

I've got a 600W PSU on me (FSP Hexa 600) so it should be good enough...

my 260X might be going into that project that I have scheduled for December...

Yup, 500 series are a fermi refresh

This is a signature.

Eh, 5870 can actually run Witcher 3 above 30 fps so it's not that bad.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Eh, 5870 can actually run Witcher 3 above 30 fps so it's not that bad.

But next to a 260x... how does it do?

I'd like a card that is equal or better...

But next to a 260x... how does it do?

I'd like a card that is equal or better...

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1062?vs=1044

For the most part similar performance. Depending on the situation the 5870 is either 10% ahead or 10% behind.

It was a flagship card once so it's not that bad.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1062?vs=1044

For the most part similar performance. Depending on the situation the 5870 is either 10% ahead or 10% behind.

It was a flagship card once so it's not that bad.

They almost equal to me... but the 260X is newer.. thanks for linking the comparisons... might be able to decide better with this...

They almost equal to me... but the 260X is newer.. thanks for linking the comparisons... might be able to decide better with this...

Your welcome, glad i could help :P

Btw, make sure it's the eyefinity edition if buying it. that one came with 2 gigs of GDDR5 whereas the normal version has 1.

This might be it... I'll ask when I get back there to grab another auxiliary monitor...

and if it is indeed a 450, I'll take it off the want list along with the ATi card... There's also a reference 580 in the shop so if it's cheap and there's  a lot left from a project, I might just get the 580 (if it can perform on par with a 260X or better)...

Reference 580? Well that may be a problem... My 3 fan phantom 580 ran insanely hot and loud, i don't want to know how it is with a reference cooler... Like 2x worse than a 290x reference..

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Your welcome, glad i could help :P

Btw, make sure it's the eyefinity edition if buying it. that one came with 2 gigs of GDDR5 whereas the normal version has 1.

Nope... I'm not getting the ATi card... because right beside it is a very shiny Zotac GTX 570 and a GTX 580 (whose maker I couldn't identify as I was more interesed in the Zotac card)...

Reference 580? Well that may be a problem... My 3 fan phantom 580 ran insanely hot and loud, i don't want to know how it is with a reference cooler... Like 2x worse than a 290x reference..

If its thermals are worse than a reference 290x, it's out of my considerations... I've got a tiny room so it'll heat up faster if I had something like that...