Intel Compute Stick Review

Vessel. It's always vessel first :(

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'd probably use this if I had a portable screen and mouse. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Because more money for LMG is never a bad thing.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Which is great, it gives LTT a chance to make money on a different platform. Also allows users who are willing to pay for advertising free videos. But I'm willing to wait a week for anything Linus puts out.

Very interesting. Let's see how it compete with cheapo android mini-pc sticks.

Where's the link to the first every linus unboxing? :o
It's not in the details of the vessel video.

Very interesting. Let's see how it compete with cheapo android mini-pc sticks.

x86 vs ARM and Linux, Windows ( maybe OS X ) vs Android.

I think it would win ( the compute stick ).

But I would always go with Asrock bee box over any tiny PC.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Considering picked one up in place of my Chromecast, which dislikes working some afternoons. 

... thats how its supposed to be...

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Intel wants it to be "portable"? Good luck bringing along a keyboard and mouse 50x the size of that compute stick.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Almost made it from WAN show to WAN show back to back without an interesting video, then you go and ruin it with this at the nick of time  :o

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Goddamnit... He said Atom ZED...

Thanks Luke for teaching us today that we can use the Intel Compute Stick on hotel TVs

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yes.... because they have a contract...

Amazon: http://geni.us/38G1

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1Hymw8E

The Compute Stick is a tiny computer, yes, but does it add anything new compared to existing Android-based HDMI sticks??

Vessel link: https://www.vessel.com/videos/fkmuuJhY3

YouTube link:

. Hey linus do you think Intel could make this into something bigger?

A GTX 970m beast of a gaming device on a stick perhaps?

. Hey linus do you think Intel could make this into something bigger?

A GTX 970m beast of a gaming device on a stick perhaps?

They have a small box style (Brix/NUC).

Why didn't you actually test this for game streaming instead of just saying you assume it will not work?

Anyway I have on order a tablet with the same SOC (cost 2/3 of the price of the compute stick), I of course plan on trying both streaming and native games. Thankfully there are tons of old games that will work just fine, the question is how new games can run, not if they can run.

If it's for portable use, I rather use a laptop or a tablet. You still need a screen of some sort to do anything, what if you didn't have somewhere to plug in available, outside or in an older vehicle for example. For in an office doing word processing and browsing, sure but otherwise it seems fairly limited.

Real computers have ports.

post-75028-0-28113000-1437727586.png

Luke repeated himself a few times, "Plug it into a library.. no wait, not sure if you can do that"  1 min later, "plug it into a hotel screen or a library monitor" .

Hate to say it, not a very interesting video. Sounds like a paid advert you get in late night tv or just a filler episode while you make an iwatch review.

I see this to be real pointless "portable" device .  First of you have to carry a keyboard and mouse around then somehow get them to connect to the pc ether via usb or via bluetooth . Then connect it to a screen of somesort .

i want, altough the price doesn't allow me to get one sicne i already got a chrome cast(and need to save some money)

I see this to be real pointless "portable" device .  First of you have to carry a keyboard and mouse around then somehow get them to connect to the pc ether via usb or via bluetooth . Then connect it to a screen of somesort .

my sis has a wireless keyboard with tuochpad instead of numpad, works form a single connector, i could see that come to it's full potential with something like this.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.