Serious problems with Graphics Card [desperately need help]

I did already make this forum post once, but I didn't get any help there. In addition, Sapphire support sucks so I thought I might be able to get some advice.

I just built my first PC, and used a Tri-X R9 290 (my PCPartpicker link in profile) and the system boots up just fine. However, whenever I try and install the AMD Catalyst suite the system reboots and then the machine will only show the windows loading screen and nothing else. It won't boot up after that, only black. I have reinstalled Windows 3 times, and I have contacted Sapphire support about this, but haven't gotten a reply yet. Could someone please help? Thank you for your patience  :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

I did already make this forum post once, but I didn't get any help there. In addition, Sapphire support sucks so I thought I might be able to get some advice.

I just built my first PC, and used a Tri-X R9 290 (my PCPartpicker link in profile) and the system boots up just fine. However, whenever I try and install the AMD Catalyst suite the system reboots and then the machine will only show the windows loading screen and nothing else. It won't boot up after that, only black. I have reinstalled Windows 3 times, and I have contacted Sapphire support about this, but haven't gotten a reply yet. Could someone please help? Thank you for your patience  :D

That is why I use nvidia cards lmfao *Gets popcorn*

Go here :)

I have the feeling it wouldnt be the graphics card. I could be wrong but you could start out with a few tests such as booting off a flash drive, check your connections, and lets see how it goes from there. I had something like that happen to my laptop and it was due to the spotty connection with my new ssd i plugged into the second bay.

Haha I'm seriously considering a 970

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

This is technology, I've seen plenty of people who've had problems with nivida cards. Probably just got unlucky.

This is technology, I've seen plenty of people who've had problems with nivida cards. Probably just got unlucky.

I haven't

I have the feeling it wouldnt be the graphics card. I could be wrong but you could start out with a few tests such as booting off a flash drive, check your connections, and lets see how it goes from there. I had something like that happen to my laptop and it was due to the spotty connection with my new ssd i plugged into the second bay.

No, this is a common problem with my card. It's only once I install the latest drivers that my system black screens. 

Lmfao nice edit

No, this is a common problem with my card. It's only once I install the latest drivers that my system black screens. 

Huh sorry then. I have a XFX r9 290 and mine works like a dream. Even when its being a wind turbine.

Huh sorry then. I have a XFX r9 290 and mine works like a dream. Even when its being a wind turbine.

Which driver did you use? I'm very curious. This is a problem on the software side of things

Which driver did you use? I'm very curious. This is a problem on the software side of things

Im currently on beta 15.6 drivers running a dual monitor setup. (Freesync is awesomeee by the way) I haven't had a single problem with any of AMD's drivers so far and I have had this for a while. Back since when they were 500$ a piece. I should have waited for the price to drop.

http://gyazo.com/005901e30ffc42a690e662215a4f13e8

Okay, I might try this. Hope it works!

Im currently on beta 15.6 drivers running a dual monitor setup. (Freesync is awesomeee by the way) I haven't had a single problem with any of AMD's drivers so far and I have had this for a while. Back since when they were 500$ a piece. I should have waited for the price to drop.

http://gyazo.com/005901e30ffc42a690e662215a4f13e8

Are you on windows 8 or 7?

Are you on windows 8 or 7?

Windows 8.1 x64 

16gb of ram

SSD and a few hdd's

XG270HU and VH242H

If you need anything else, let me know.

Windows 8.1 x64 

16gb of ram

SSD and a few hdd's

XG270HU and VH242H

If you need anything else, let me know.

I have the Tri-x version, do you think the driver will solve my problem? I don't wanna install windows again

Sorry can't say as I never had that problem. It may be worth a shot but perhaps waiting to see what others say may help.

Sorry can't say as I never had that problem. It may be worth a shot but perhaps waiting to see what others say may help.

Okay. Thx. I hope it works! I wanna play some games!

Okay. Thx. I hope it works! I wanna play some games!

Yep. Good luck!

Yep. Good luck!

That driver won't work i'm afraid. any other ideas?

That driver won't work i'm afraid. any other ideas?

Sorry no idea. Try contacting AMD?