LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 52 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Knights of Sidonia
Current

This was suggested by @Legion saying "Very recent anime with a very classic mecha art style"

It's been a thousand years since the Gauna, a strange alien race with no known method of communication, destroyed the solar system. A portion of humanity managed to escape using enormous "seed ships" like the Sidonia, which have allowed them to maintain the population while drifting through space. Nagate Tanikaze is a young man who has been raised deep in the bowels of the ship. When he goes into training to pilot the huge robotic weapons known as Gardes, Nagate is entrusted with piloting the legendary unit known as Tsugumori. Nagate and his fellow pilots put their lives on the line against the Gauna, in the ultimate battle for the survival of humanity.
Read more at ANN

Vdpw9AX.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Servant x Service
Recent

This was suggested by @TheProfosist saying "Comedy SLice of life anime that basiclaly an older version of Working/Wagnaria. It just plain fun and has a great OP."

Lucy's parents had a very hard time picking a single name for her when she was born. Because of their indecisiveness, they decided to give her over a dozen different names. And it was legally approved by a civil servant no less. At an adult age, Lucy manages to land a job at the same public service office. But her reason is to seek revenge against the person who legalized her ridiculously long name. Being a civil servant is not an easy job due to dealing with many angry citizens, facing different challenges, and having to put up with wacky co-workers each day. However, Lucy is determined to do whatever it will take to get her revenge.
Read more at ANN

cDspTli.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Fireball
Post-2007

This was suggested by @BashZeStampeedo saying "A short-episode comedy anime with a really interesting setting, where a robot princess and her retainer discuss all sorts of weird things while hints of a larger plot dangle about. Don't let the fact that Disney is associated with this throw you off, it's worth the experience."

In a far distant future, Drossel von Flügel is the royalty of a mechanized civilization living at Tempest Tower with Gedächtnis, her loyal servant. Despite being at war with humans, neither seems to be very concerned about it.
Read more at ANN

GTh4FrY.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Outlaw Star
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @TheProfosist saying "Classic late 90's space anime."

Gene Starwind and his partner Jim Hawking run a small business on the backwater planet of Sentinel III. But all that changes the day that Hilda hires them for a bodyguard job. Now, thrust into a mystery they don't fully understand, they're on the run from the cops, the pirates, an angry alien, and a mysterious assassin. But they've got one thing going in their favor—they have the galaxy's most advanced ship, the Outlaw Star.
Read more at ANN

blDqUC8.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Paranoia Agent
Random

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "Mystery, seinen. The sole TV series from the mind of the late, great Satoshi Kon, the man behind Perfect Blue and Paprika"

An elementary school kid dubbed with the title "shounen bat" or "lil slugger" has been going around attacking people with his bent, golden bat. Now, two detectives are investigating so they can stop this kid from making any more attacks, but they will find out soon enough... that this case is much more than they expected.
Read more at ANN

645TEnR.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Member Tags
@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @dr_deconstruct @Skybane @MeMe @Oasis @dragoon20005 @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @flip1012 @MechEdge @Vlazzy @Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

omg its finally up xD 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Knights of Sidonia, not really good for us 60fps guys because tv only uses 24fps settings so im kinda bothered by it. But its really a great anime and storyline.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Servant x Service was really good, watched it as on-going. Amusing main character and stuff.

hatersgonnahate_by_setonami-d6c1qah.gif

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

Shidonia was good once you are used to the visuals. Still need to finish the second season.

Blarg

I really wanted to like Knights of Sidonia, but all dat cgiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

it huuuuuuuurts

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Don't know anything about any of these. Will see which one ends up winning.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Servant X service looks like my type of anime, but i voted for something else

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

lol this is going to be interesting

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

If Servant x Service wins, it will be like we were given our choice of free meals at upscale restaurants, but tore up the tickets and just paid for a cheap fast-food burger instead.

If Servant x Service wins, it will be like we were given our choice of free meals at upscale restaurants, but tore up the tickets and just paid for a cheap fast-food burger instead.

Yeah, but no one can resist a shitty grease bomb burger every once in a while as a guilty pleasure.

I like Servant x Service, I want another season of it.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Yeah, but no one can resist a shitty grease bomb burger every once in a while as a guilty pleasure.

I like Servant x Service, I want another season of it.

Well, i guess if that's all we want from these weekly voting sessions, then so be it. I just didn't realize we were aiming quite that low. To me it's like a movie club's joke pick winning out over the actual movies that you could have a worthwhile discussion about, or even just to peek out from the rock you're living under to see what you've been missing all this time (for the record I don't even mind SxS, it's just nothing special).

Servant X Service is quite funny, though not as good as its spiritual forebear, Working.

I would probably never watch a full CGi anime, especially not one only 1 minute per episode long. So Fireball is out.

Sidonia no Kishi is just butt.

I would probably not mind Outlaw Star or Paranoia Agent, though in both cases, I am an extreme stickler for their genres. Japan rarely does Sci-fi or supernatural stuff well* nor tastefully, (I can count exceptions I've seen on one hand, IE: Legend of Galactic Heroes, Kokoro Connect, Suisei no Gargantia, Haruhi Suzumiya.)

So I've become wary to try. Outlaw Star does look like exactly the type of Sci-fi that'll rub me the wrong way. While Paranoia Agent does sound intriguing.

*Character driven > Story driven, with proper suspension of disbelief and no spacebound steel battleships meant for water, or mechs in space (other than Suisei no Gargantia which gets away with it due to being only 4 minutes of offense)

Ended up voting for Paranoia Agent.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I would probably never watch a full CGi anime, especially not one only 1 minute per episode long. So Fireball is out.

I wouldn't say Fireball is worth it over Paranoia Agent, but really? A minute is too much for you? And i thought i had ridiculous standards...

okay I must say from what I know of Sidonias plot it could be a runner for one of the best anime I've seen but I had to stop because the animation whilst being good is just so different than what I'm used to I can't stand it way overusing CGI or something but yeah still would reccomend if you can take the animation style

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas