Should I build it already?

¨TrisT¨

Hey, my parts just arrived and I'm at the moment at max hype levels.

But.

My SSD and 212 EVO haven't arrived yet.

Should I build it, do some downloading meanwhile and when those arrive install the OS and replace the cooler or is it a better option just to wait the 3 days?

Plis welp.

I would say wait for the SSD so you can have the OS in it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Nope, OS on the SSD, OC with the Cooler :D

The wait will be worth the while.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Wait for 3 days then you can get it all done at the same time and be happy

But.

Should I build it, do some downloading meanwhile and when those arrive install the OS and replace the cooler or is it a better option just to wait the 3 days?

Plis welp.

I'd say just put it all together and wait for the SSD and Cooler, once those come in, add the finishing touches unless you wanna do a parts show off.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I would say wait for the SSD so you can have the OS in it.

Is there any way to delete the HDD partition of the OS from the OS I would later install on the SSD?

But.

Plis welp.

You can build it but maybe wait before you install the OS until the SSD arrives, and maybe not install the CPU until the cooler arrives, but even so its easy to swap the cooler if you wanna install it now.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Is there any way to delete the HDD partition of the OS from the OS I would later install on the SSD?

There is but windows is notorious for leaving some files at the hard drive.

Pascal laptops guide

Build the majority of the system now just don't put on the OS or CPU Cooler, and then when they arrive put them in, smack on an os, O/C And get gaming

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Build the majority of the system now just don't put on the OS or CPU Cooler, and then when they arrive put them in, smack on an os, O/C And get gaming

Won't it be bad for the CPU to be exposed to the air just like that?

There is but windows is notorious for leaving some files at the hard drive.

What if I get W10 on the hard drive and then like 7 or so on the HDD? I know I'll have to change the boot device on the BIOS but at least I'll be able to experiment different stuff. (I'm not that fan of 8 or 8.1) 

I would wait for the three days mate! Not too long and then u will be able to get it all done in one big shot!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Won't it be bad for the CPU to be exposed to the air just like that?

No? Its just metal, don't put Thermal Paste on it and keep dust away.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

What if I get W10 on the hard drive and then like 7 or so on the HDD? I know I'll have to change the boot device on the BIOS but at least I'll be able to experiment different stuff. (I'm not that fan of 8 or 8.1) 

You can but why would you do that?

Pascal laptops guide

8.1 is easily tamed with Uxpatcher and StartIsBack ^_^

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

http://gparted.org/

Gparted is my favorite partitioning tool. There is a live distro that I keep with Hirens and a couple other tools that have saved me so much time I really should donate to them lol. 

Also, just go ahead and build it. You can format the hdd later and install the OS on the SSD. It literally takes about 10 minutes to load windows 10 with an SSD.