I just got myself a new G27 and want to break it in with some games. Suggestions?

The wheel is really nice.. But I don't really have many games that would be good for it.

Now of course, I know racing wheels are built for racing sims, so I imagine most would suggest some racing sims.. which i do want, of course... However, they aren't the thing I'm really looking for. I do want racing sims that are really good games, or fairly good games for a cheap price.

Nevertheless, I much prefer arcade racing games, and would like a racing game that would work well with a wheel, but is more arcade-ey in how the game controls.

The last type of game I would really like (though I'm not sure it necessarily exists), is a game that would let me explore an area (like wildlife) and includes force feedback in it, cause I believe that would be something fun to try.

Any game recommendations would be appreciated, but I would definitely like recommendations more-so in the two latter categories. 

The wheel is really nice.. But I don't really have many games that would be good for it.

Now of course, I know racing wheels are built for racing sims, so I imagine most would suggest some racing sims.. which i do want, of course... However, they aren't the thing I'm really looking for. I do want racing sims that are really good games, or fairly good games for a cheap price.

Nevertheless, I much prefer arcade racing games, and would like a racing game that would work well with a wheel, but is more arcade-ey in how the game controls.

The last type of game I would really like (though I'm not sure it necessarily exists), is a game that would let me explore an area (like wildlife) and includes force feedback in it, cause I believe that would be something fun to try.

Any game recommendations would be appreciated, but I would definitely like recommendations more-so in the two latter categories. 

Don't forget to follow your topics. :P

Have you tried Rocket League? I've always wondered how that would be with a wheel. Quite bad I presume....

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Don't forget to follow your topics. :P

Have you tried Rocket League? I've always wondered how that would be with a wheel. Quite bad I presume....

I did actually follow my topic << I just forgot to do it immediately..

Never tried Rocket League.... It looks like it would be fairly hard, at the very least, to play using a wheel.

Never tried Rocket League.... It looks like it would be fairly hard, at the very least, to play using a wheel.

Could be a nice challenge. If you're into that sort of thing.

Me and my friends once tried playing CS:GO with a USB NES controller. That was agony, bit fun.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Only one game to do that wheel justice.  Assetto Corsa.  Buy it.  Now.  Thank me later.

Other notable sims include:

iRacing (requires a monthly subscription though)

Simraceway (free to play)

Raceroom (another free to play)

Have fun and enjoy that wheel!  I opted for the Steelseries SRW-S1 wheel (for the price, $70 compared to the g27's $200) and made a custom desk clamp mount.  Works wonders for Assetto!

I think if you played with it on Rocket League the force indicator thing would go off every second  :P

I think something like Dirt3 might be nice for you if you like arcade style games. Assetto Corsa is really good on the physics and feedback side of sim racing and Project CARS looks absolutely stunning but needs some physics work patched in.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

I haven't actually tried all these with abwheel, so I don't know how well they work. Some are a few years old, so requirements will vary, but prices should be ok. Some of these are far more arcadey than others.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted the old-ish-er ones are better(arcade)

Grid series (more sim-Cade)

Burnout Paradise (arcade)

Gas Guzzlers (arcade with guns)

Flatout Series (arcade)

Wreckfest (arcade) I thunk it's in Early access

it will take some practice getting use to the wheel.

Try Euro Truck Simulator 2 or something.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Need for speed: Shift is a very good mix between arcade and sim (if you can live without the cops), just avoid shift 2, it sucks. You can also try hot pursuit, which is very fun. The best thing though would be to play a racing sim, because they are a lot more realistic and will help you get used to your wheel quicker.

Hi.