EA Hires Former Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Producer to Run Two Studios

jos

BN-JJ083_JadeRa_G_20150713152241.jpg

Electronic Arts called on a former studio head at Ubisoft with ties to big franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell to lead two of its own development teams. 

Jade Raymond will run

a new EA studio in Canada. At the new studio, called Motive, Raymond will focus on fresh games and characters, an important move considering the marketplace is inundated with sequels. EA produces many of them, including the annual “Madden NFL” franchise and the shooter game “Battlefield.” Motive will be based in Raymond’s home town of Montreal, sharing office space and collaborating with EA’s BioWare team, which is well known for the its “Mass Effect” franchise.

Raymond will also lead the company’s Visceral Games studio in Redwood Shores, Calif., which is developing a “Star Wars” game separate from the highly anticipated “Star Wars Battlefront” due in November.

Hope this wont ruin Star Wars games.. considering the recent track history of the games she worked on before

Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/07/13/ea-hires-former-assassins-creed-producer-to-run-two-studios/?mod=ST1

I wonder how she got the job and how the job interview went :P

EA: Why should we hire you? You totally fucked up Watch Dogs and AC Unity on pc/consoles.

Jade Raymond: I really like day-one dlc, pre-order bonuses and microtransactions.

EA: Great! You're hired. 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I wonder how she got the job and how the job interview went..... :P

And here I thought you were going to imply something completely different.. on the opposite end of the spectrum xD

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

And here I thought you were going to imply something completely different.. on the opposite end of the spectrum xD

I considered doing something about her ass or boobs. Sadly I'm too mature for those kinds of jokes ;-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

EA: Why should we hire you? You totally fucked up Watch Dogs and AC Unity on pc/consoles.

Jade Raymond: I really like day-one dlc, pre-order bonuses and microtransactions.

Not much more damage EA can bring upon itself and Stars Wars. They already turned Battlefront into a reskinned Battlefield 4.

Thanks EA, you ruined my child hood

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI B85I | Stock cooler | RAM: 8gb DDR3 RAM 1600mhz | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX cooling | Storage: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window

I'm sure she will do just fine. Assassins Creed was very good when she was the executive producer for it.

Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a showcase of why people call gaming communities vile and immature.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

will see how it ends before jumping to conclusions i might regret

DAMN WOMEN! Just kidding, I love my women.

-place inappropiate joke here-

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

was she involved in creative direction for AC 1&2?

if not, idc :/

offtopic:

Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a showcase of why people call gaming communities vile and immature.

maybe you dont talk about. maybe it goes away.

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

Probably were the developers who weren't happy when the publishers decided to make them release a game in a poorly done condition. EA has been doing pretty good as a publisher, so hopefully they can properly use the talent.

o6198.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I have the feeling the Star Wars game from Visceral is going to be awesome.
First they hired one of the leads on Uncharted and now someone from Ubisoft.
And all the rumors are hinting on similar to the cancelled Star Wars 1313 which would fit to Visceral and all the people the new people they hired.

RTX2070OC 

Came for sexist joke. Was disappointed :( (Hahaha came, get it? - Please don't kill me <3)

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I considered doing something about her ass or boobs. Sadly I'm too mature for those kinds of jokes ;-)

Her tongue needs work ;)

Either way, she was an executive producer being badgered by the sales teams to get it done and fast. It's not entirely her fault if the sales teams got her boss involved and against her. Game studios are not equipped with the level of programmers needed to push out truly optimized, awe-inspiring games in 2-3 years. As much as I get flack for saying this, the games industry is full of old guard lead developers who seem unable to learn about the various new programming styles and best practices published both by academia and the HPC community, including the Penguin Programmers (Linux Community). Beyond that, the documentation is terrible in these studios. If you saw the original open-source release of Unreal, it was truly unreal how bad it was, but once the community started collaborating and documenting, a lot of the issues were very quickly resolved and development took off. No one wants to comment code in these studios, ensuring only the original developers know how it works so they can't be replaced (easily). Few people want to move to new standards like OpenMP to very quickly get an extensible, multi-threaded design down to build off of and easily debug. The overhead introduced by it is minimal and only paid attention to in the HPC community, and they still use it to build new algorithms for proof of concept before going back and doing the threading by hand, sometimes even delving into raw assembly.

Game studios just are not equipped to deal with ever greater demand, slowed GPU improvements, SISD reaching its theoretical performance limits, single-threaded scaling reaching its limits, and CPU clock speeds just not increasing like they used to. They need a clean sweep and new crop of programmers from computer science backgrounds interested in games. A couple of my fellow seniors are going to work for Valve when they finish this year, and one of them is going into engine development with plans to overhaul the current work based on what we learned in our HPC class.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Man, people need to lighten the hell up.

And by the logic of some people all of the AC games since AC3 are reskinned. CSGO is a reskin of source...

This can only be good. You never know if Ubisoft was at  fault for the bad PC Ports.

Also... This is EA Guys... The build Battlefield, on PC, for PC. At least.

Excited to see what comes out of this.

I'm sure she will do just fine. Assassins Creed was very good when she was the executive producer for it.

If she was working when watch dogs was introduced, we can imagine all AC released near and after its release

What was the resume a sick fucking joke on just how much can a person suck because of the projects involved? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

was she involved in creative direction for AC 1&2?

if not, idc :/

I know it's the OP's fault for not putting it in, but does no one do basic research anymore? She worked on Assassins Creed 1&2 and not on Unity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Raymond

Not much more damage EA can bring upon itself and Stars Wars. They already turned Battlefront into a reskinned Battlefield 4.

Thanks EA, you ruined my child hood

To be fair I have no expectation that Battlefront will be any good but I won't know it to be that until I've played it.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

EA please, make a Great game her. You got the power, she got the plan