MicFlip : World's First Fully Reversible Micro-USB Cable

SirNumbers

Meet MicFlip – the world’s first ever fully reversible USB cable and plug.

USB cables are a part of our everyday existence – we charge our phones with them, we use them to transfer files, and we connect crucial gadgets like printers, scanners and cameras to our networks using them. But it seems today’s USB cables and plugs just aren’t meeting the needs of the millions of people that use them daily.

OHMYFAKINGODFINALLY ITS BEAUTIFUL

post-14596-0-55822000-1436772508.gif

post-14596-0-62996400-1436772520.gif

post-14596-0-34522400-1436772672.jpg

Im so buying this  

LINK:https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/micflip-world-s-first-fully-reversible-micro-usb#/story

post-14596-0-55822000-1436772508.gif

post-14596-0-62996400-1436772520.gif

post-14596-0-34522400-1436772672.jpg

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Its not the first...

theres USB C, and there are normal USB cables that are also reversible released a while ago

they are too delicate though

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

And what is it compatible with? Nothing!

And what is it compatible with? Nothing!

Its microUSB

Its microUSB

But its shaped differently, so which port will it go in?

But its shaped differently, so which port will it go in?

Its shaped in a perfect way that both orientations work

Its shaped in a perfect way that both orientations work

But what about the port? Which PC, Phone, or whatever can support that? Have I just missed something or does this seem useless?

But what about the port? Which PC, Phone, or whatever can support that? Have I just missed something or does this seem useless?

You just put it in the port. It doesn't fit snuggly but it'll fit. All the necessary connections are made.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

It works with ALL MicroUSB ports and ALL USB ports and is reversible because engineering.

It works with any old USB port

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

You just put it in the port. It doesn't fit snuggly but it'll fit. All the necessary connections are made.

Technically it should fit snug because the anchor points are on both sides (The 2 little cut straight pieces on either side of the microusb connecter)

Ah ok, I see how this works now :P

Not going to be a big thing. First of all, the manufacturing process will probably be more expensive (edit: $20 retail), therefore normal manufacturers will probably never use this design.

Also I get the feeling that with Apple, Intel (Thunderbolt 3.0) already on the USB Type-C train, other manufacturers will probably also follow this new USB standard. Motherboards with Intel chipsets will probably support it soon, making case manufacturers pretty much obligated to include front mounted USB-C (Though this could take some time as with USB 3.0 at the time). Oneplus 2 will include USB-C and I hope that other manufacturers will follow in their example. (Note 5 maybe???). If smartphones get type 3, then we could see a fast adoption of type C.

I don't see the relevance of this cable, but that's probably just me.

I don't really see the need or appeal for reversible small ports, even after over a year of using the lightning connector. My cable is always plugged in the same way and the cable is curved in a way so that I always grab and plug it in the same way. However, I do see the appeal of having a reversible full sized USB connector though. 

Why is reversible suck a big concern? It should be a after thought, not the most important concern.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

As cool as this is, it seems irrelevant with USB C already coming out. It's a greatly improved port that's reversible, robust and has better performance.

Doesn't seem that durable to me. And I've had enough problems with malfunctioning cables as it is.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Probably would break very quickly. I'll just stick to my wireless charger.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Apple's lightning connector still seems like a better implementation.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Why is reversible suck a big concern? It should be a after thought, not the most important concern.

It is an afterthought. We already have 10Gbps transfer speeds (40Gbps on the Thunderbolt 3-enabled ones). May as well fix a small issue while we're at it.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Yes you did. logic.

Yes you did. logic.

It's not what I would call "logic", but OK. I hope you feel like a smart keyboard warrior for the day.