PSU ranking and tiers

Aniallation

ok, will stick with the b2 than

Not to mention that an "arc" isn't generally preferred when referring to electrical equipment (besides welding, are you looking to do that with your PC?)

It's okay on a good deal, but you don't see great deals on Arcs very often

"Rawr XD"

Not to mention that an "arc" isn't generally preferred when referring to electrical equipment (besides welding, are you looking to do that with your PC?)

no thats just what the psu was called on pcpartpicker

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

no thats just what the psu was called on pcpartpicker

It was a joke regarding the name

"Rawr XD"

It was a joke regarding the name

ok

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

I considered using arc welding to shape up a PC case for my old system that was sitting around and had no case but gave up on it after I realized I hate metalwork xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1) Is it worth upgrading from EVGA G1 to EVGA G2 for $30?

2) Will a Tier-1 "Best" PSU help me overclock?

3) Does a great PSU significantly improve the performance of my chipset in any way?

5614434+_895e7196765d413f681ad37aaeb3c27

yeah most likely

Spoiler

3) Does a great PSU significantly improve the performance of my chipset in any way?

1) yes

2) psu's dont help in overclocking

3) i'm not sure

but you should always get a high quality psu cause if you dont you could kill your whole rig

Spoiler

damn yes!

Better foundation for overclocking, knowing you can get extra from the PSU without the PSU being strained.

It gives you the peace of mind that your PC has a good supply to back it up, it won't give you like an extra few FPS or anything, but a good PSU should be a must, instead of a "eh maybe"

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

It greatly increases performance by allowing your PC to live a bit longer. The G1 has voltage regulation issues. The G2 is far better.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It greatly increases performance by allowing your PC to live a bit longer. The G1 has voltage regulation issues. The G2 is far better.

Or get a SeaSonic unit - literally everything they currently have is good :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Hey guys.

again here is where i show my noobiness :').

Okay so, I gave my friend my HTPC a while ago cause he had a really bad and now dead, ancient Athlon 2400+ PC that can hardly do anything.

So specs of it are this,

i5 2320 + Nvidia GTX 550Ti + 2 HDD's.

Will a XFX Proseries 450W do okay or should i at all costs go for a better supply (superflower golden green HX or XFX TS)? Currently it is running an "Enermax Cyclops 500W"/ECS500AWT? (little is known of this supply). but i think it might be better to get a better supply as the enermax one is kind of light and only has one 6 pin connector.

however he's been wanting to get into coding and gameplay recording as he's recently started up a youtube channel, and i was thinking of getting him a 7870 and maybe a E3 Xeon, would it be better to just go for a 550w supply?

(different friend btw) :)

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

Hey guys.

again here is where i show my noobiness :').

Okay so, I gave my friend my HTPC a while ago cause he had a really bad and now dead, ancient Athlon 2400+ PC that can hardly do anything.

So specs of it are this,

i5 2320 + Nvidia GTX 550Ti + 2 HDD's.

Will a XFX Proseries 450W do okay or should i at all costs go for a better supply (superflower golden green HX or XFX TS)? Currently it is running an "Enermax Cyclops 500W"/ECS500AWT? (little is known of this supply). but i think it might be better to get a better supply as the enermax one is kind of light and only has one 6 pin connector.

however he's been wanting to get into coding and gameplay recording as he's recently started up a youtube channel, and i was thinking of getting him a 7870 and maybe a E3 Xeon, would it be better to just go for a 550w supply?

(different friend btw) :)

The XFX is good.

The XFX is good.

would a TS 430W be any better than a proseries 450w?

would a TS 430W be any better than a proseries 450w?

The TS 430 appears to be a bit of an average performer with strong Seasonic build quality. Looks like the Proseries is a bit better.

The TS 430 appears to be a bit of an average performer with strong Seasonic build quality. Looks like the Proseries is a bit better.

Okay :).

Im also going to pick him up something like a HD 7850 or GTX 660 cause the 550ti is really sickly ( :( ), wont be really overclocking it so no worries.

Both the 650ti and 7850 are good on that XFX, no worries.

Thank you :).

however both of those cards should be fine with playing TF2 on maximum settings (no AA) at least at 50fps?

Thank you :).

however both of those cards should be fine with playing TF2 on maximum settings (no AA) at least at 50fps?

No problem :)

No problem :)

Also it would be a good idea to maybe replace the CiT vantage case as well?, That case doesn't have the greatest of airflows + top mounted PSU.

Also it would be a good idea to maybe replace the CiT vantage case as well?, That case doesn't have the greatest of airflows + top mounted PSU.

It's not a bad idea. Top-mounted PSU cases are not a thing that I like if I'm honest. Some can look quite good (a lot of the Fractal Design stuff) but they do hinder airflow for the PSU. 

It's not a bad idea. Top-mounted PSU cases are not a thing that I like if I'm honest. Some can look quite good (a lot of the Fractal Design stuff) but they do hinder airflow for the PSU. 

Thermaltake Versa H23 do nicely? :3

Meh, I don't like Thermaltake as a company so I might go for something else. NZXT and Fractal have good cheap options.

i'd get the nzxt source 210

Spoiler