Nintendo president has sadly passed away ;(

IMO the future looks dark for ninteno as they look for a new leader 

I wouldn't go that far. Nintendo has quite a bunch of really big names amongst their executives. As a temporary thing they've appointed Genyo Takeda and Shigeru Miyamoto. Takeda is the guy who put the Analogue stick on the N64, putting battery backed memory in early NES games and he was one of the lead hardware developers for the Wii. He was also behind Punchout. Shigeru Miyamoto well, what needs to be said?

Then you go down the list of people high up at Nintendo and there are even more options. Takashi Tezuka, head of Nintendo EAD, has worked on pretty much every Zelda game and also had a hand in a lot of other titles like Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 64, Animal Crossing. Eiji Aonuma is the guy in charge of Zelda. Kensuke Tanabe is the guy who's responsible for a lot of the second party stuff, Metroid Prime and so on, but he was also a developer on A Link to the Past. Hideki Konno is basically responsible for Mario Kart. There's no shortage of talent at the top of Nintendo.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I wonder if Iwata never existed, was never with Nintendo, or died early...

What would have happened to my childhood?

"Dont take my word for it, wait for the others"

-GabbDogg 2015

Suddenly this old internet gif that once made me giggle, now makes me want to cry instead.... :(

2388005-6869006670-iwata.gif

Not made by me, but found it on the internet (couldn't find a source) and wanted to share it:

Not made by me: creator added.

XHIfUpT.jpg

Creator:

http://soyungnomo.deviantart.com/art/Goodbye-Satoru-Iwata-546007911

Edited by Minibois

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The man cut his salary in half (even for just 5 months) after Wii U sales disappointed and their profits fell short.  How many CEO's exist like that in the world?

I hope Nintendo is in good hands.  Miyamoto, Reggie... someone's gotta step in and keep them going.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I doubt it will be Miyamoto. He loves conceptualizing games play concepts, improve current concepts, and loves guiding developers to make their games a success, not managing a company. He and someone else is taking temporary responsibility of the company, doubt he we will like it. I don't the Nintendo owners family will vote for Reggie. The biggest problem with Japanese companies, especially fairly traditional one, like Nintendo, is the business culture is greatly different from North America model. Knowing how to speak Japanese is greetings is sadly not enough, and the company is not looking for a restructure. I don't think Reggie will be seen to fit in such position.

Hang on, i thought he passed away some time ago. Or is this someone else?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

old school programmers makes the recent generation look like monkeys, the only reason i could wish to be born like 15 years ago is to go through the pain of programing assembly and actually be worthwhile, RIP this BAMF one of the few to shape what gaming is today

You still can. We have NES, SNES, and Atari emulators, and all of them have to have games programmed in 6502 Assembly. I took a class and built 3 games over the course of my university's 3-week January term sophomore year. That was intense as Hell.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

To say i owe this man my childhood would be an understatement. His work, and the games he specifically worked on made long car rides bearable. While the circumstances of his death are terrible, we need to understand that this man has accomplished in his lifetime something very few people will ever get to do. His work shaped an entire generation of gaming, and brought more joy to children than anything most of us will ever be able to do. I would say this man has lived a very fulfilling life, and i am certain that he loved what he did. We would all be lucky to get to be able to do what we loved in life, and have it effect so many people in a good way.

Time to find my old game boy, and beat Pokemon Silver, Gold and Crystal in his honor. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I doubt it will be Miyamoto. He loves conceptualizing games play concepts, improve current concepts, and loves guiding developers to make their games a success, not managing a company. He and someone else is taking temporary responsibility of the company, doubt he we will like it. 

Yeah, if only for the fact that Miyamoto always comes across as someone Nintendo has to have on a leash. Which is part of what makes him great but still. Not really good for a CEO. And I'm sure he'd rather keep closer to the coalface, not unlike Iwata in that respect. If you were to pick someone to fit the bill it'd more likely be someone like Tezuka. Whoever they end up picking I'm sure they'll be in good hands.... there's nobody quite like Iwata though

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I doubt it will be Miyamoto. He loves conceptualizing games play concepts, improve current concepts, and loves guiding developers to make their games a success, not managing a company. He and someone else is taking temporary responsibility of the company, doubt he we will like it. I don't the Nintendo owners family will vote for Reggie. The biggest problem with Japanese companies, especially fairly traditional one, like Nintendo, is the business culture is greatly different from North America model. Knowing how to speak Japanese is greetings is sadly not enough, and the company is not looking for a restructure. I don't think Reggie will be seen to fit in such position.

Personally I think Genyo Takeda will be given the role, the man's been there longer than Miyamoto and knows how that company ticks in terms of games and financing.

He is a bit older than Miyamoto (Takeda is 66) so I don't kinow if the board would take that into consideration if they are looking for a long term CEO.

I enjoyed playing with Nintendo throughout my childhood days. Thanks to him for creating it. Great thing lots of games on the web can be downloaded with the use of vpn.

Rest in peace, legend. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Yeah, if only for the fact that Miyamoto always comes across as someone Nintendo has to have on a leash. Which is part of what makes him great but still. Not really good for a CEO. And I'm sure he'd rather keep closer to the coalface, not unlike Iwata in that respect. If you were to pick someone to fit the bill it'd more likely be someone like Tezuka. Whoever they end up picking I'm sure they'll be in good hands.... there's nobody quite like Iwata though

There's also the fact that Miyamoto has been spending the past few years getting the company ready for his retirement. He's not even going to be with the company 10 years from now.

The tears aren't really going to start flowing until we have the fanart of people trying to use Revives and fairies on him...

I just imagined a sad professor oak with his hand on someone's shoulder, in front of Iwata's grave saying "sorry, you can't use that here". Thanks for that sadness.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Hang on, i thought he passed away some time ago. Or is this someone else?

You are thinking of Hiroshi Yamauchi, Iwata's predecessor as president of Nintendo (Iwata followed up Yamauchi in 2003)

Yamauchi passed away 2013.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The tears aren't really going to start flowing until we have the fanart of people trying to use Revives and fairies on him...

You havent seen the NeoGAF thread then... they already exist... much fanart to mourn the passing of a legend in gaming.

We at PETA are deeply saddened by the death of Nintendo's Satoru Iwata. Many of us grew up with Nintendo-we've celebrated games such as Nintendogs, which PETA Europe named Best Animal-Friendly Video Game, and our love for these games powered the parodies we've made, such as the Super Mario Bros.-spoofing Super Chick Sisters, in which players try to save Princess Pamela Anderson from the evil Colonel Sanders, and Pokemon Black & Blue: Gotta Free 'Em All, in which players battle to free Pokemon from human enslavement. Our thoughts are with Mr. Iwata's family and everyone at Nintendo today.

That comes from Joel Bartlett, PETA's senior director of marketing innovations.

LMAO,,, PETA is just stupid crazy and hilarious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PETA = People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

Rest in peace. Hopefully Nintendo can still be the company they are or even better :)

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

We at PETA are deeply saddened by the death of Nintendo's Satoru Iwata. Many of us grew up with Nintendo-we've celebrated games such as Nintendogs, which PETA Europe named Best Animal-Friendly Video Game, and our love for these games powered the parodies we've made, such as the Super Mario Bros.-spoofing Super Chick Sisters, in which players try to save Princess Pamela Anderson from the evil Colonel Sanders, and Pokemon Black & Blue: Gotta Free 'Em All, in which players battle to free Pokemon from human enslavement. Our thoughts are with Mr. Iwata's family and everyone at Nintendo today.

That comes from Joel Bartlett, PETA's senior director of marketing innovations.

LMAO,,, PETA is just stupid crazy and hilarious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PETA = People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

you guys mumst have been obsessed with Animal Crossing then 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I realized last night that three of my childhood icons, Gunpei Yokoi, Satoru Iwata and Hiroshi Yamauchi, are dead now. That's just depressing.