What's the deal with Retail version of Batman Arkham knight only installation 7 gb from 5 DVD's ?

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

1 - if you don't have the physical version of the game, stay the hell off this thread and don't make a snarky comments or random meme. 
2 - the game is still on sale for the rest of the world, raising questions regarding did WB really suspend PC sales. : http://www.flipkart.com/batman-arkham-knight/p/itmdu94fcqjtzn6g?q=Batman+Arkham+Knight
3 - Everyone is saying the game only installs 7 GB from 5 DVD's of 37GB game, so what's the deal with it ?

complains that steam is going to dowload the rest of the 30 GB making the DVD pointless as they were printed before the game went gold as Steam replaces the entire 30 GB of the game all over. 

so, i'm asking do anyof you have the physical version? is this true ? 

ZTu54ww.png

Mfl43s8.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It sure defeats the whole purpose of a physical copy, screw people with shit internet, eh? :( I was annoyed by that fact with the GTA V physical copy, having to download the last 5GB...

Yeah even I read those reviews, but even considering updates and all download should not be that big, 7 GB install and 30 GB download  :(

I think they sold Final Fantasy XIII double pack like that as well, with some 5 GB install and rest 50-60 GB download

Finally got PS4 Pro

Yeah even I read those reviews, but even considering updates and all download should not be that big, 7 GB install and 30 GB download  :(

I think they sold Final Fantasy XIII double pack like that as well, with some 5 GB install and rest 50-60 GB download

they printed those DVD's even before the game was done, hence steam has different updated files than what's on the DVD, hence steam redownloads the 30 GB.  

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

• 1 month later...

hmm and it's only gonna keep changing as they are not done fixing it